Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on December 21, 2017, 10:09:17 PM
Hoganstand article said Mackey was committing.

Heard it from the horses mouth he wasn't.

Itchy

I think the appointment of Mcglennan will prove to be one of the most disastrous in our history.

mrdeeds

cavanmaniac

Are we not being a bit pessimistic? Usually we have the opposite tendency at this time of the year and although I'm not expecting much either, if we can't scrape 5/6 points out of games against Louth, Meath, Down and Tipperary - all home games - and maybe pick up another win on the road, then the arse must have fallen out of the thing entirely! Or is the word on the ground truly that bleak?

redzone

Quote from: Itchy on December 21, 2017, 11:02:34 PM
I think the appointment of Mcglennan will prove to be one of the most disastrous in our history.

Yeah it was mad to want rid of hyland at the time alright. Especially for someone unproven at county level. We even have an idiot wasnting  rid of Harte and  replaced with   mcgleenan instead in Tyrone.
Jason Reilly should be given the job, already proven at club level, knows the club scene inside out and i think he unite all the players
Yous were shit before mattie game so a bit harsh to totally blame him

Itchy

Quote from: redzone on December 22, 2017, 08:21:47 AM
Quote from: Itchy on December 21, 2017, 11:02:34 PM

Yeah it was mad to want rid of hyland at the time alright. Especially for someone unproven at county level. We even have an idiot wasnting  rid of Harte and  replaced with   mcgleenan instead in Tyrone.
Jason Reilly should be given the job, already proven at club level, knows the club scene inside out and i think he unite all the players
Yous were shit before mattie game so a bit harsh to totally blame him

We were in Div 1 for the first time in a long time before Mattie came along. Getting promoted with Tyrone. Hardly shit unless you also think Tyrone are shit.

mrdeeds

Quote from: cavanmaniac on December 22, 2017, 01:55:44 AM
Are we not being a bit pessimistic? Usually we have the opposite tendency at this time of the year and although I'm not expecting much either, if we can't scrape 5/6 points out of games against Louth, Meath, Down and Tipperary - all home games - and maybe pick up another win on the road, then the arse must have fallen out of the thing entirely! Or is the word on the ground truly that bleak?

I heard couple things that wouldn't give you any faith.

Westside

I wouldn't panic in terms of the personnel just yet. To be fair, Mossy was coming to an end. Deserves serious credit for his turnaround as a player and the performances he put in for Cavan. Same goes for Rory Dunne and it's just a pity injury seems to have ended his career prematurely, the best full back Cavan have had in the past decade. McEnroe didn't deliver fully on his potential but still had some great games for us and you would hope he might come back at some stage.

We still have the most important players committed; McVeety, Clarke, Gearoid, Martin Reilly, Ray Galligan, Faulkner.

As for Mackey, well if he's gone then he's an incalculable loss. There's no replacing him both in terms of what he can do with the ball in hand and the leadership he brings.

McKenna Cup will be interesting as I would imagine we'll see a good bit of lads like Caoimhin Reilly, Ryan Connolly, Thomas Galligan etc. Maybe some of them can prove their worth. I would also say we'll see a lot of journeymen.

I don't have much faith in McGleenan, I still think getting rid of Hyland was a terrible terrible mistake. He's had his year to settle in, it's now time to show improvements. Anything other than survival in Division 2 is unacceptable. I hope he uses the experienced players Cavan have at our disposal instead of throwing in too many journeymen club players and completely unproven young players trying to unearth something special.

Anyone know if David Brady will be with the Seniors or the U20s?

mrdeeds

1. Raymond Galligan (Lacken)
2. Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels)
3. Padraig Faulkner (Kingscourt)
4. Damien McIntyre (Shercock)
5. Oisin Kiernan (Castlerahan)
6. Ciaran Brady (Arvagh)
7. Enda Flanagan (Castlerahan)
8. Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
9. David Brady (Ballyhaise)
10. Niall Clerkin (Shercock)
11. Conor Madden (Gowna)
12. Niall McKiernan (Lacken)
13. Jack Wharton (Cornafean)
14. Adrian Cole (Ramor United)
15. Bryan Magee (Cuchulainns)

16. Ciaran Flynn (Cavan Gaels)
17. David Phillips (Gowna)
18. Cormac Daly (Castlerahan)
19. Padraig Moore (Ballyhaise)
20. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
21. Dan Wharton (Cornafean)
22. Conor Brady (Gowna)
23. Dónal Monahan (Drumlane)
24. Darragh Kennedy (Drumlane)
25. Conor Bradley (Ramor United)
26. Thomas Galligan (Lacken)

Itchy

Anyone at the game yesterday? Any new players put a hand up? Listening on the internet seemed like McKiernan had a strong game.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2018, 08:47:11 AM
Anyone at the game yesterday? Any new players put a hand up? Listening on the internet seemed like McKiernan had a strong game.

Yeah was at it. Madden got MOTM but McKiernan would have being mine. Jason McLoughlin very good and I thought David Philips done well. Thomas Galligan changed things at half time and allowed us to compete at midfield. We were lucky to be   touching distance at half time as they missed a bit and cut us open a few times. Kennedy looked lively. Grew into game well.

mrdeeds

That Cavan team for tomorrow is maybe the worst I've ever saw.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 06, 2018, 09:06:51 PM
That Cavan team for tomorrow is maybe the worst I've ever saw.

15/8 for Antrim to win. Good bet.

Itchy

Are many of cavan lads with colleges? Where is Ryan Connolly, caoimhin o Reilly etc as they do t seem to be on this McKenna cup panel.

mrdeeds

Not sure but I know a lot of players have being given a longer break away. Bit foolish I'd say with league starting so early.