Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 19, 2007, 01:53:31 PM
FAO Ballyhaise Man - Keep an eye out for 'Lesser Spotted Ulster' next Tuesday night (25th) with Joe Mahon.
You're lovely parish is in the limelight!  :)

Jayus, I didn't think we were recognised as being in Ulster on the UTV/BBC channels.  ;)

Anyway, back to the championship. I am still in the running for 3 out of 3 for the championship. I had Gaels for senior, Ballinagh for intermediate and Killeshandra for Junior. Pity I didn't put my money where my mouth is. Any word on whether Gaynor will miss the game for the verbal he gave the ref after being sent off last w'end?

BallyhaiseMan

FAO Ballyhaise Man - Keep an eye out for 'Lesser Spotted Ulster' next Tuesday night (25th) with Joe Mahon.

thanks for that info KB,
il most definetely be watching out for it.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 19, 2007, 02:31:16 PM

Jayus, I didn't think we were recognised as being in Ulster on the UTV/BBC channels.  ;)

Anyway, back to the championship. I am still in the running for 3 out of 3 for the championship. I had Gaels for senior, Ballinagh for intermediate and Killeshandra for Junior. Pity I didn't put my money where my mouth is. Any word on whether Gaynor will miss the game for the verbal he gave the ref after being sent off last w'end?

think i tipped
Gaels,
Ourselves
Shercock.

so at best 1 out of 3 for me.

CC1
i know how you feel, we share the feat of not showing up in semi finals,quarter finals aswell.  :(

CC1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 19, 2007, 04:38:44 PMCC1
i know how you feel, we share the feat of not showing up in semi finals,quarter finals aswell.  :(
Am all too aware of Ballyhaise doing the same. Both yourselves and Ballinagh on paper and normally in the league are consistantly good and playing at a good level. Its just the mentality that our players go out with I think... Whatever way you get rid of that I don't know...

Anyway, a nice handy one for us at the weekend... Killygarry!  ;D
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 19, 2007, 01:53:30 AM
Good strength in depth you have there Homer
being able to bring Paul Galligan and Damien McInerney off the bench.
id say id expect you to beat Lavey,but i said the same last year against Drumalee and jinxed yas  :D

We have been one of the very lucky clubs that seem to hold on to there players BallyhaiseMan. Galligan and McInerney were not started as they were not fully recovered from injury. McInerney has been having a torrid time with injury this summer and came back off after only ten minutes.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 19, 2007, 02:31:16 PM

Gaynor's a free man for next weekend the referee didn't mention any verbals in his report, maybe he didn't say anything too bad... "Excuse me Mr. Referee but I cannot agree with that last decision of yours and feel the need to voice my disapproval in this manner"...... hmmmm well maybe not.

Think I tipped
Cavan Gaels
Ballinagh
Shannon Gaels

but like yourself Myles also didn't trouble the bookies with it, so Goan the Leaguers!

Anyway lads I think I've finally solved Cavan's problem of a strong and mobile player, meet Phil O'Reilly.

North Longford

Was in at Gowna and Mullahoran yesterday. Not a particularly good game but Gowna deserved the win. There big players, McCabe, McKeever, Pierson all done well and thought Niall Madden was very good too.
Having seen a lot of crap referees in Longford I actually thought the guy yesterday totally took the biscuit. Inconsistency seemed to be his middle name. Don't know if it was just me or did he do his utmost to bring Mullahoran back into the game. What appeared to be oversteps in the case of a Gowna player on a least 4 or 5 occassions would be a free to a Mullahoran player in the exact same situation. Thought 2 or 3 of the decisions to blow Gowna lads for overcarying was shoking as a blind man could see they were being fouled. One instance with McCabe in particualar was crazy where in the midlle of a crowd and lumps being taken out of him he still manged to play the ball but was blown up for overcarrying anyway. When the dust settled Mcabe actually need treatment for his bout of overcarrying!!!
In the last 10 minutes every time Eddie Reilly got the ball he tried to run through fellas and managed to get a free every time.
Have to say I was very impressed with McCabe, both his performance and his restraint considering the abuse he took every time he caught a ball in the middle of the field. It was nice to see Eddie running 70 yards to wish him the best of luck with the penalty though!!
Really think Eddie gets madder every time I see him play and to be honest despite all the passion and ability he brings to the thing I think he probably would be a liabilty to a county team. He also seems to have to go for a score himself almost all the time. Very poor at bringing other players into the game.

CC1

Quote from: CC1 on September 20, 2007, 10:29:36 PMAnyway, a nice handy one for us at the weekend... Killygarry!  ;D
Another story of a game of two halves for us, played some great stuff in the first half and we were all over Killygarry. Only a couple of soft decisions from the referee let them come in a point behind us at 0-7, 0-6 to Shercock. We started the second half very well and got the first point with what could have been a goal, Killygarry replied with a point to leave one between the teams.

Then Martin Reilly who had been a thorn in our side for the whole game got the goal that more or less turned the game in Killygarry's favour. After that we were just chasing the game which we didn't want to happen because once we were chasing the game it made it easier for them to attack. They duely punished us with their quick breaks up the field and before we knew it they were 6 points up. We battled with them right until the end but in the last two minutes they got 1-2 to give them the 2-14 to 0-8 scoreline, not really a true reflection on the game as a whole (in truth 4-5 points would have been a better reflection I think).

Martin Reilly is a class act, he was the one player that caused us problems. However I think if Liam Og had been playing he wouldn't have had the same effect on the game. I must give our midfield of Michael O'Reilly, Mickey McEntee, 18 and 19 years of age respectively a special mention. They won nearly every ball that came near them and were totally on top for the whole game with the help of Brian Hamilton drifting in and out from the half forward line. If our forwards had been a little sharper we could have put it up to Killygarry in the second half, unfortunately they weren't.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavan4ever

Quote from: North Longford on September 24, 2007, 10:42:37 AM
Really think Eddie gets madder every time I see him play and to be honest despite all the passion and ability he brings to the thing I think he probably would be a liabilty to a county team. He also seems to have to go for a score himself almost all the time. Very poor at bringing other players into the game.

He's not good enough for county team anyway NL agree strongly with what your saying he is very selfish and wants to do it all himself.

Homer

A friend of mine from Mullahoran was telling me of rows in the camp during the week so I promptly took this information to the bookies for wee profit. Incidentally he mentioned most of the tension started from Eddie giving out that the ball was not being played into him enough in training.

The problem with Mullahoran is that the team is divided by two rivalry cliques, the Gunners & Co. and then everybody else (Eddie & Co), and sparks between the two are quite frequent.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on September 24, 2007, 01:41:40 PM

The problem with Mullahoran is that the team is divided by two rivalry cliques, the Gunners & Co. and then everybody else (Eddie & Co), and sparks between the two are quite frequent.

Did anyone see Eddie wrestling with Paul the Gunner trying to get the ball off him when he was about to kick a free?

North Longford

I know one of Eddie's sister fairly well although haven't seen her in a while. Shes a sound lady but even chats with her about football are fairly stirring and indications of the above 2 camps would have been noted as long as 2 years ago

cavan4ever

It's hard to believe that the Intermediate and Junior Finals are on in a couple of days, this thread has gone the same way as the rest of Gaaboard.  There was a thread earlier saying that the lifespan of the board was up and i think it might be right.

So who's to you guys think going to win?  Id like to see Shannon Gaels win the Junior and i can see Lavey putting it up to Ballinagh.

Anyone know of what players are in with the county at the moment?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on September 26, 2007, 11:36:32 AM
It's hard to believe that the Intermediate and Junior Finals are on in a couple of days, this thread has gone the same way as the rest of Gaaboard.  There was a thread earlier saying that the lifespan of the board was up and i think it might be right.

So who's to you guys think going to win?  Id like to see Shannon Gaels win the Junior and i can see Lavey putting it up to Ballinagh.

Anyone know of what players are in with the county at the moment?

i'd like to see my own club Killeshandra win the junior (although I don't play with them anymore) and I reckon they will win it.
I'd like to see Ballinagh win intermediate as they've got some good county potential players that need to be playing at senior level. I think they will finally win it too.
I'd like to see Gowna win Senior to add a bit more competition into it but I reckon the Gaels will win it.

Homer

I agree that the threads been quiet lately, I'd post more myself but theres only really one subject I'd be talking about and theres only so much Ballinagh crap ye can take  ;D.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 26, 2007, 11:45:22 AM
i'd like to see my own club Killeshandra win the junior (although I don't play with them anymore) and I reckon they will win it.
I'd like to see Ballinagh win intermediate as they've got some good county potential players that need to be playing at senior level. I think they will finally win it too.
I'd like to see Gowna win Senior to add a bit more competition into it but I reckon the Gaels will win it.

Would love to see Killeshandra and Gowna do the business also (keep it local), Killeshandra have a young team that would significantly benefit from a higher level of football. Unfortunately I think Gowna will lack a lot of the surprise package thunder that Mullahoran stole on them last year and just can't see them taking the Gaels.

As for the Intermediate....     

BallyhaiseMan

Shannon Gaels
and Ballinagh to win on Sunday.

anyway back to the real stuff  :P  :D
Ballyhaise V Cuchullains Division One league Game on Saturday? predictions   :D  :D  :D  :D