Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

He be back soon enough I think.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 31, 2016, 07:31:22 PM
He be back soon enough I think.

That would be great news. If we got our whole panel back I really think we could make an Ulster final this year and once there who knows.

Westside

That's a good win for the U21s. It's only the Hastings Cup but a 10 point victory over the Rossies any day is a good thing.

David Brady wasn't on the panel, is he injured? Will Ramor's Ulster U21 involvement have any effect on their availability? I see Mickey Lyng, Michael Hannon and Dermot Sheridan are among the backroom team.

Itchy

I'm not too optimistic for the league. I think our new manager is naive if he thinks he can push up on the dubs and out shoot them. I see a hammering on the cards. What a shame we have no forwards of the required calibre. Same for u21s, in Hastings cup they were very ordinary in the forwards - can't see them doing too much despite them being talked up a lot. I go forward in hope more than expectation.

Oh and the New Jersey in rotten!

mrdeeds

I like the new jersey.

The Dubs will run through us if we don't come up with a defensive system in the next week or so. Caoimhin O Reilly seems like a forward worth looking at maybe?

Cian Mackey is home and back training. So is James McEnroe.

rodney trotter

O Reilly probaly wouldn't be involved until the U21 campaign is over. He was involved in the Sigerson yesterday with Maynooth, came on as Sub. McDermott  was with Ul.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUksCsrODRAhVsLsAKHZ6LAkEQqQIIJjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.the42.ie%2Fextra-time-drama-sees-14-man-ul-pip-maynooth-to-sigerson-victory-3204843-Jan2017%2F&usg=AFQjCNEfZTxFh6KnUs1OyjwlmOHN_5ZWoA

Those stripes on the new jersey look awful.

Itchy

It's the friggin stripes, wouldn't be too bad without them. What about a team foot the dubs?

Galligan
Mcloughlin
Dunne
Faulkner
Martin Reilly
Moynagh
Holla
Corr
Clarke
Mcveety
Mckiernan
Gerry smith
Johnston
McDermott
Mackey

2 man ff line, mckiernan 3rd mid, Mackey free role between 2 45s. Wing forwards drop deep and counter

mrdeeds

I'd start Fergal Reilly on form. Maybe swap McKiernan and Clarke. Is Galligan fit to play? Also Mackey just back so hardly has full game in him.

Itchy

We are going to seriously struggle for scores. Has there ever been a team in div 1 with such a weak forward line?

rodney trotter

Aside from Johnston , who got 3-16 in the League  in 2016
Gearoid McKiernan scored 1-21 in the 7 league games last year, plus 3 in the final. He is missing the first few rounds of the league.
Givney scored 2-5.

After that, the scores were low enough among the rest of the panel.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 26, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
Gearoid McKiernan scored 1-21 in the 7 league games last year, plus 3 in the final. He is missing the first few rounds of the league.
Givney scored 2-5.

Johnstone a good div2 forward, not up to this level. We will be relying on scorers from deeper positions.

rodney trotter

Mickey Fitzsimmons or whoever will have Johnston in their pocket. Just showing Cavan were reliant on a few players for scores in Division 2. One of the players is not on the panel this year, and the other is currently injured.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2017, 07:52:18 PM
Givney scored 2-5.

Johnstone a good div2 forward, not up to this level. We will be relying on scorers from deeper positions.

Is he the guy that plays with Man City now?

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on January 26, 2017, 08:23:59 PM
Givney scored 2-5.

No the lad that we signed from Kildare on a free transfer.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2017, 09:47:37 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 26, 2017, 08:23:59 PM
Givney scored 2-5.

No the lad that we signed from Kildare on a free transfer.
Oh Johnston i get who you are on about now, couple of handy frees will be the most we will get from him in division 1