Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue in hope

Went to relegation play off final in killeshandra earlier. It was the worst refereeing performance I have seen in years. Very lucky no player got badly injured.

Itchy

The deplorable state of Cavan club football exposed again today. At least ramor  were somewhat competitive. Sad state of affairs.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2016, 08:39:40 PM
The deplorable state of Cavan club football exposed again today. At least ramor  were somewhat competitive. Sad state of affairs.

Hopefully the restructuring this year and next can make a difference.

five points

A restructuring that the affected clubs fought tooth and nail to block. Bless.

Itchy

So any word on who is and isn't committing this year. Rumours that Mackey and Givney aren't which is a shame if true. Fergal Flanagan another I heard that's not committing. It's strange to hear this talk after us getting a good draw in Ulster and being back in the top division in the league. Maybe some of our players have a real lack of ambition?

mrdeeds

Or maybe they have real life issues that are more important than football.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 05, 2016, 01:33:38 PM
Or maybe they have real life issues that are more important than football.

Maybe.

rodney trotter

Mackey working in London. Flanagan studying for a Masters.

Itchy

I'd be more worried about givney. Mackey, although very talented, is almost a distraction as everything has been going through him and he slows it up. We need a ball winner at Full forward and without that we are screwed.

Duckquay

Givney isn't the answer as a ball winner in the ff line. He's an option for breaking long kickpasses hit in his direction but that's about it. I can count on one hand the amount of ball he won out in front in last year's championship. And that's no fault of his, he isn't suited to playing inside. Keating a few years ago was as good as we've had in a long time for a ball winning inside man.

Itchy

Quote from: Duckquay on November 05, 2016, 09:14:46 PM
Givney isn't the answer as a ball winner in the ff line. He's an option for breaking long kickpasses hit in his direction but that's about it. I can count on one hand the amount of ball he won out in front in last year's championship. And that's no fault of his, he isn't suited to playing inside. Keating a few years ago was as good as we've had in a long time for a ball winning inside man.

That's not true, did you see any of the league games? Anyway, Keating's problem is his decision making which is brutal.

rodney trotter

Niall McKiernan capable of playing full forward, if he sticks at it. On the training panel.

Itchy

What about ray Cullivan and Connor Madden, any sign of them?

Duckquay

I saw all of them apart from the Fermanagh game. I referenced championship though. Not sure on madden but almost certain cullivan isn't surprisingly. He had a good year

Itchy

Maybe Cullivans past of walking of the team when he is not picked is a factor? I'd love to see madden give it a year of commitment to see how he could do but I've heard he has commitment issues.