Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue in hope

Itchy the players agreed to have Johnston back. The guy should be given a chance and judged on the pitch.

Itchy

Quote from: Blue in hope on January 01, 2016, 12:28:25 PM
Itchy the players agreed to have Johnston back. The guy should be given a chance and judged on the pitch.

I'm sceptical but I hope it works out. The ironic thing for me is that a player like Johnston is not what we are missing, the loss of Keating is a much bigger blow because we need a strong target man at full forward and I guess Hyland will now persist with either Argue or Givney

cavan4sam

I know Joe Dillon is only about 5 10 but I'd much prefer to see him used as the ball winner in the ff line.

Itchy

Quote from: cavan4sam on January 01, 2016, 07:52:17 PM
I know Joe Dillon is only about 5 10 but I'd much prefer to see him used as the ball winner in the ff line.

Yes, can can score too but not sure would he cut it yet against the bigger stronger back lines

Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on December 18, 2015, 05:00:53 PM
Eugene might work for some commando unit and his next mission only came in this week.

Eugenes mission may have been cancelled or maybe he got it done early but it appears he is back now either way.

Ollie

Good to see Keating back. He's a dynamic player with many attributes. Although would like to see him at Full Forward. We can then play Argue at Midfield alongside Gearoid. Givney and Mossy are other options too. Any word on Rory Dunne?

Itchy

Quote from: Ollie on January 06, 2016, 03:22:01 PM
Good to see Keating back. He's a dynamic player with many attributes. Although would like to see him at Full Forward. We can then play Argue at Midfield alongside Gearoid. Givney and Mossy are other options too. Any word on Rory Dunne?

Rory Dunne hasn't kicked ball since the London game. He is a long shot this year I think

Ollie

Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2016, 05:23:19 PM

Rory Dunne hasn't kicked ball since the London game. He is a long shot this year I think

Sad to hear that. He's been very solid at full back the last couple of years. A big loss.

Itchy

Quote from: Ollie on January 07, 2016, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2016, 05:23:19 PM

Sad to hear that. He's been very solid at full back the last couple of years. A big loss.

Especially big loss if McEnroe is not committing this year either.

cavan4sam

Those 2 guys would be massive losses to the panel as they are very experienced and also are physical and athletic. The only consolation is that we have a lot of backs who are ready to make the step up and hopefully this will be an opportunity for these guys to stake a claim for a regular place in the team. Was very impressed with the HB line on Sunday.

Also thought that Enda Henry done very well on his debut. Was really good to see Tom Hayes come on and show what he is good at, winning the ball in front of his man, turning and taking him on. Martin Reilly was excellent. It was hard to fault any of the lads that played the whole game as we had to put men behind the ball and make it difficult for Armagh to break us down. Niall McDermott also very good in the first half when he was the sole forward left inside. The 2 young lads at midfield competed well and didn't look out of place either.

Cavan will need to sort out their discipline as ultimately it cost them last year. They lost 2 matches in the league last year after being reduced to 14 men (against Kildare and Down) which cost them promotion to Div 1 and were knocked out of the championship by Roscommon when Mossy Corr was sent off before the start of the second half. 3 straight reds on Sunday is not good enough.

For anyone not able to make the game on Sunday here is a video of it. Missing the first couple of minutes in which both sides had scored a long range free each.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_q2iTmfC6c&feature=youtu.be

Denn Forever

Well done Maggie Farrelly for reffing the Fermanagh - Saint Mary's game last night.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

What do people make of Dunne's tweet? Seems like he may have issues with Hyland.

Can anyone confirm if McEnroe is definitely opting out for the year?

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2016, 08:03:34 PM
What do people make of Dunne's tweet? Seems like he may have issues with Hyland.

Can anyone confirm if McEnroe is definitely opting out for the year?

Shows how stupid he is, now is tweet is headline on hoganstand. Dunne was angry at not getting game time last year but apart from a few minutes against Galway and a half against Offaly, he was very poor and can have no complaints.

mrdeeds

McEnroe working in England I think.

Westside

Dunne would be a good option to have but can't have any complaints about a lack of game time last year.

McEnroe will be a huge loss. Had a fantastic league and was second only to Rory Dunne as our player of the year. Hopefully we see him back in blue at some point.

I wonder was Gerry Smith ever asked into the panel? Would fit right into our counter attacking play. Thought he usually stood out more at underage than McVeety.