Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Tomas Reilly of Killeshandra would be worth another look.

John McCutheon too, if he was able to commit. Maybe Barry Doyle as a newcomer too, plenty of ability.

mrdeeds

Championship up for grabs now.

skeog

cavan gaels must be the most underachieving club in ulster wonderful facilities and huge financial clout

mrdeeds

Quote from: skeog on September 20, 2015, 12:04:58 AM
cavan gaels must be the most underachieving club in ulster wonderful facilities and huge financial clout

Wonderful facilities? You've obviously never being to Terry Coyle Park. As for financial clout lost that during the recession. Probably the poorest supported team in Cavan.

Itchy

Arva into intermediate final :D

With the reds in the junior final all it needs is for Killeshandra to win their semi and all three teams in the parish would be in championship finals which must be some sort of record?

Great to see an open senior championship, Gaels would want to take a look at themselves but great stuff by The stars to win, especially kicking on when tinelly got sent off

rodney trotter

Arva would need to improve for the final based on that performance.

Brendan Murray had a brilliant game for Killygarry and scored probaly the goal of the championship. Killygarry play a nice brand of football. Kingscourt deserving winners over Cavan Gaels. Chesty and Dominic Reilly badly missed for them. Barry Reilly was quality from dead balls.

Blue in hope

Cavans  provisional fixtures for the National League 2016 have been released. They are:

Jan 31st  Tyrone V Cavan
Feb 6th   Cavan V Derry
Feb 27th  Meath V Cavan
March 5th Cavan V Armagh
March 12th Fermanagh V Cavan
March 26th Cavan V Laois
April 2 nd Cavan V Galway

Denn Forever

Quote from: Blue in hope on September 24, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
Cavans  provisional fixtures for the National League 2016 have been released. They are:

Jan 31st  Tyrone V Cavan
Feb 6th   Cavan V Derry
Feb 27th  Meath V Cavan
March 5th Cavan V Armagh
March 12th Fermanagh V Cavan
March 26th Cavan V Laois
April 2 nd Cavan V Galway

Good preparation for thechampionship.  5 home games (we nave layed so often in Brewster Park it's almost like home)
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

comeysfield

Take the positives Last two games at home  tough opener against Tyrone put might be the time to get them

Itchy

Could be worse, some juicy games there and 4 home games for a change

mylestheslasher

A lot of 50:50 games as I see it, you could easily get relegated if not up for it adequately or you could push into promotion contention. As we all know Cavan need forwards. Its critical we get Givney and Keating back in there and try and develop some of the other lads. Since Terry is staying I hope the players give him their full commitment for what is surely his last year.

Two big games at the weekend. Following from a distance you would have to fancy Kingscourt to beat Killygarry and maybe Castlerahan to beat Killeshandra as they wont be ambushed this time - hope I am wrong about the later.

Blue in hope

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 24, 2015, 09:11:30 PM
A lot of 50:50 games as I see it, you could easily get relegated if not up for it adequately or you could push into promotion contention. As we all know Cavan need forwards. Its critical we get Givney and Keating back in there and try and develop some of the other lads. Since Terry is staying I hope the players give him their full commitment for what is surely his last year.

Two big games at the weekend. Following from a distance you would have to fancy Kingscourt to beat Killygarry and maybe Castlerahan to beat Killeshandra as they wont be ambushed this time - hope I am wrong about the later.

From what I have seen I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Killygarry beat Kingscourt, Killeshandra wont be afraid of Castlerahan,They play fast direct football. Wouldn't it be great for Cavan Football to see a novel Killygarry V Killeshandra final.

mrdeeds

Not if you're from Castlerahan and Kingscourt.

mrdeeds

Castlerahan about 10 points the better team last night. Killeshandra have a great goalkeeper. Paul lukie best player on pitch.

mylestheslasher

Had a feeling Rahan would be better prepared  this time, still a great year for Killeshandra and hopefully the experience can drive them on next year. I was a bit surprised seeing Cornafean losing to Templeport.