Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Any word on Hyland staying  on or not?

cavan4sam

Has anyone got a full list of fixtures for the championship this weekend?

Cavan Minors play their All Ireland Quarter Final v Kildare in Navan at 6:30 on Saturday

comeysfield

31-07-2015 (Fri)
Cully's Craft Bakery Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group A
Rd 1
P.J Duke Park   19:45   Kill       V      Munterconnaught

Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship 2015
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   20:00   Arva       V      Shercock    

02-08-2015 (Sun)
Cully's Craft Bakery Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group A
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   13:00   Maghera       V      Corlough

Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship 2015
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   14:30   Killeshandra       V      Castlerahan

Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   18:00   Redhills       V      Drung

Cully's Craft Bakery Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group B
Rd 1
Ballyconnell   18:00   Ballymachugh       V      Shannon Gaels

Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   19:30   Mullahoran       V      Drumalee    

comeysfield

06-08-2015 (Thurs)
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   20:00   Bailieborough       V      Killinkere    

07-08-2015 (Fri)
Rd 1
St. Aidan's Park   20:00   Butlersbridge       V      Drumlane

Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   20:00   Killygarry       V      Crosserlough    

08-08-2015 (Sat)
Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group C
Rd 1
P.J Duke Park   18:00   Knockbride       V      Kildallon

Rd 1
Dolan Park   18:00   Cavan Gaels       V      Cuchulainns    
Our Lady of Lourdes Park   19:30   Lacken       V      Gowna    

Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group A
Rd 2
   18:00   Corlough       V      Kill    

09-08-2015 (Sun)
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   13:00   Swanlinbar       V      Ballyhaise

Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   14:30   Denn       V      Ballinagh

Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group B
Rd 1
Packie Devlin Park   17:00   Templeport       V      Cornafean    
Rd 1
Kingspan Breffni Pk   18:00   Cootehill       V      Lavey

Cully's Craft Bakery Junior Championship 2015 Group A
Rd 2
Lavey GAA   14:00   Maghera       V      Munterconnaught

Prelim Rd B
Kingspan Breffni Pk   19:30   Kingscourt       V      Drumgoon    

cavanmaniac

http://m.bbc.com/sport/northern-ireland/33687135?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hyland staying on it seems.  Not good news in my opinion,  think he has run out of ideas so unless he has big changes planned I think it'll be more of the same next year.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 29, 2015, 01:38:13 AM
http://m.bbc.com/sport/northern-ireland/33687135?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hyland staying on it seems.  Not good news in my opinion,  think he has run out of ideas so unless he has big changes planned I think it'll be more of the same next year.

I probably agree with you but on the other hand there could be worse scenarios when I see some of the names people are putting on there. If Terry does one more year and say Peter Reilly takes over the following year then Id be happy enough with that.

I think Terry needs to freshen things up a little. Could he possibly get Peter Reilly in as a selector to learn the ropes. Could he get someone else him that could work on an improved attacking strategy. At the end of the day the manager is about having a strategy and putting  the correct people in place around you to deliver it.

Finally we need to get the lads that opted out last year back in the panel - Givney & Keating especially. I dont know if there is a problem between them and management or not but for the good of Cavan football they should try and resolve it. Those two players also need to realise they are far from perfect themselves.

Blue in hope

Unfortunately I cant see any of the players who opted out last year coming back. From what I have been told they will e joined by a couple more next year.

rodney trotter

Have you spoken to the players? Means very little unless you have.

Every County loses players. Donegal lost Brick Molloy Leo McLoone Michael Boyle this year, McLoone is back on the panel now. If players can't commit there is not much the manager can do

Blue in hope

I  actually have spoken to players and some family members over the last few days and they were nor to happy.One player told me he was going to take the year out and travel and be ready to commit under new management the following year 

Westside

The talk of players leaving the panel because Hyland is still there just stinks of arrogance to me.. Of course it's their lives and their amateurs so they can do as they please.. but do they really think management is holding them back? Do they think that a going into the last game of Division 2 with a chance of promotion and losing out by a point to the eventual Ulster Champions is underachieving?

As each year goes by I become more convinced that the Cavan management position is one of the most poisoned chalices out there.. There is a complete lack of any realism from a lot of supporters. And it even seems to have seeped through to a few players.

And at the risk of repeating myself.. If Keating and Givney and Tierney are staying away because of Hyland, they need a serious reality check.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on July 29, 2015, 06:02:54 PM
The talk of players leaving the panel because Hyland is still there just stinks of arrogance to me.. Of course it's their lives and their amateurs so they can do as they please.. but do they really think management is holding them back? Do they think that a going into the last game of Division 2 with a chance of promotion and losing out by a point to the eventual Ulster Champions is underachieving?

As each year goes by I become more convinced that the Cavan management position is one of the most poisoned chalices out there.. There is a complete lack of any realism from a lot of supporters. And it even seems to have seeped through to a few players.

And at the risk of repeating myself.. If Keating and Givney and Tierney are staying away because of Hyland, they need a serious reality check.

Here's the thing. I've gone to a lot of games this year and mingled and chatted with the odd lad. The people at the games might be disappointed but I've not heard anyone going on in a ridiculous unrealistic way about the team. What we do have is a bunch of dickheads on forums like hoganstand who quite clearly have a problem with Terry Hyland. Maybe he didn't pick them or one of their buddies or whatever but its clear there is a concerted campaign of attack on Terry. Every defeat is met with reams of criticism like Cavan should never lose a game, which is crazy - not even Dublin or Kerry supporters think that. Win a match and you hear nothing. For whatever reason Terry gets this abuse and it is totally unfair on a man who is 100% Cavan through and through. What will these people think when Terrys replacement picks the same panel I wonder.

Keating and Givney need to man up, suck it up and get back to playing ball and if they want to be pandered to well then they should feck off somewhere else - those days are over in Cavan thankfully. I wish Terry the best next year and hopefully it will be a better year.

whats my name

David givney didn't quit playing with cavan he had a serious ankle ligament injury  last September/October which required surgery and alot of rehabilitation he's only recently back playing with ballymun I think his first game back was last week he said at the start of the year that he wanted a break from football because of the injury it's amazing how stories gather legs in the county he hasn't a problem with terry or cavan at all😂😂

Westside

Myles completely agree. I was down in Galway and Portlaoise and never heard anything close to the criticism that we see online. Some guy on Hoganstand claims Terry has set us back 10 years.. The mind boggles.

That's good to hear what's my name.. I suppose those of us sick of hearing people using Givney and Keatings absences as a stick to beat management with turn it back on the lads which isn't fair either.

five points

Intercounty players are amateurs, not indentured slaves. They volunteer to play for their county. If certain players opt out for whatever reason, their wishes should be respected and they shouldn't be blackmailed into returning against their will.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: five points on July 31, 2015, 10:00:18 AM
Intercounty players are amateurs, not indentured slaves. They volunteer to play for their county. If certain players opt out for whatever reason, their wishes should be respected and they shouldn't be blackmailed into returning against their will.

Blackmailed? I agree with you on guys being amateur and having freedom to opt out but how can anyone be blackmailed?