Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big balla

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 07, 2015, 09:11:07 PM
Another disappointing day for us. Two key moments went against us, firstly the penalty which I felt was pretty harsh but when the ball broke  the referee clearly impeded the Cavan defender who tried to go down on the ball, it breaks to Kildare and in the net. (at the end of the 2nd half when he interfered with a Cavan attack he threw up the ball). That aside the red card for Damien O Reilly was the killer. Damien needs to have a long hard look at himself as this was totally stupid and gave Kildare a chance against the wind. It could be a big red card as it may be the one that gets us relegated. 

A couple of professional fouls by Kildare prevented us getting in for a goal which may have made a game of it.

In fairness to Cavan we tried something different in the forwards but it just didn't work as the ball in was not good enough. McDermott does so much right but then foolishly runs into contact and gets turned over. Martin Reilly doing the same. I really worry for us now, hard to see where the next 3 points are going to come from.
Dont think the ref beat us but the goal was a joke. A clear throw ball. Thr difference today was that Kildare took their scores from distance when they had the wind, Cavan were unable to do the same. Cavan hadnt a clue how to play with the wind, nothing learned from last week. Damien O'Reilly's red might have been a small bit harsh i thought, but if you do stupid shit like that you are leaving yourself open to it. Why did he get involved? I think we might have gotten something out of the game if he hadn't been sent off. Kildare are a good strong side and had the edge over us in the physical side of things. It really highlighted how much of a loss Givney and Keating are. Both are big, strong ball winners and could have made the difference tonight.
I think we are going backwards at the minute and I'm dreading the thoughts of Monaghan. What can the management do to improve things? Who else can they bring in?

Donnellys Hollow

Who's the Cavan Maor Foirne lads? He'll do himself a bad turn one of these days if he's as animated as that all the time.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rodney trotter

Reilly would want to stop getting involved in the niggling stuff. He was sent off against Fermanagh in 2013 after less ten minutes. A big set back when he went off today, .. the delivery of ball into the full forward was poor, Clark hardly touched while he was in there.

Cavan need more physical athletic players but they don't fall from the sky. The 4 u21 winning teams have produced a lot of pacy players but on the small side, need more then that at Senior.

Cribbin and Flynn were good for Kildare, and Niall Kelly early on.

Old yeller

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 07, 2015, 10:41:46 PM
Reilly would want to stop getting involved in the niggling stuff. He was sent off against Fermanagh in 2013 after less ten minutes. A big set back when he went off today, .. the delivery of ball into the full forward was poor, Clark hardly touched while he was in there.

Cavan need more physical athletic players but they don't fall from the sky. The 4 u21 winning teams have produced a lot of pacy players but on the small side, need more then that at Senior.

Cribbin and Flynn were good for Kildare, and Niall Kelly early on.
I think we are in freefall at the minute. 2 points from play from the forward line tonight, not good enough

Denn Forever

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2015, 10:33:48 PM
Who's the Cavan Maor Foirne lads? He'll do himself a bad turn one of these days if he's as animated as that all the time.

Is it Anthony Forde snd wasn't he sent off last year?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Western Blue

We were very much in the match until
1. That stupid team Captain getting sent off. which in turn upset the plan.
2. Kilian Clarke pulling up with an injury, which could keep him out of football for 5 weeks.
The Kildare match was always going to be difficult for us lets be honest when the draw was made.We are looking at results going our way this afternoon but we need to beat Galway next Sunday in Salthill.Clarke will be a huge lost for that game because Argue will be saved for Ballybofey.

Westside

Comfortable survival would have been nice but realistically that was never going to happen.. Galway, Westmeath and Meath. If we can manage to keep 15 on the field for 70 minutes then there's no reason we can't pick up some points there.. The team just need to dig deep. I saw lots of positives from last night.

rodney trotter

Any team can beat each in Division 2, no team is unbeaten now after todays results. Cavan can get a win in Galway if they keep the focus, Tom Flynn out for the rest of the League for them and also missing Paul Conroy plus the Corofin players.

Mackeys fitness will have improved.

Itchy

Anyone know who this dick Martin Tynan is. He has a poisonous Facebook page dedicated to bringing Seanie Johnston back but also doubles as a place to insult current management in a very blinkered and one sided fashion. It seems he also post on Hoganstand under the alias Deanmartin, constantly posting negative crap when Cavan lose. I understand he is a member of Ramor. We have big problem in the county with wankers like that fella, happier when we lose than when we win. I've called him out on hoganstand before but I've just figured who he is now. Why is he so bitter with Terry Hyland?

Old yeller

Quote from: Itchy on March 08, 2015, 06:03:21 PM
Anyone know who this dick Martin Tynan is. He has a poisonous Facebook page dedicated to bringing Seanie Johnston back but also doubles as a place to insult current management in a very blinkered and one sided fashion. It seems he also post on Hoganstand under the alias Deanmartin, constantly posting negative crap when Cavan lose. I understand he is a member of Ramor. We have big problem in the county with w**kers like that fella, happier when we lose than when we win. I've called him out on hoganstand before but I've just figured who he is now. Why is he so bitter with Terry Hyland?
Its hard to know if he is being serious or not, maybe he's a WUM. Embarrassing if he's for real

rodney trotter

He use to play a bit with Ramor, hard to know was he serious or not at that too

Itchy

He is serious. Google him, he's even on record as wanting a death penalty in Ireland - I expect he wants terry Hyland executed too! Guys like him are a cancer eating at our football scene.

Westside

There are a few pricks on Hoganstand like him. That constant message that we have the players to compete at the top level was a cancer for years.. now it's been made worse by the the U21 titles and now encompasses the brand of football we play. I've yet to see a good solid argument against Terry's record given the options available to him, it's usually just assholes with negative IQs who like to rant. Does this go on as much in other counties?

mylestheslasher

That facebook page is sad sad sad. :'(

Looking to next weekend. No Killian probably. No Damien Reilly. Almost certainly no Argue.
Strange Dunne went from being un-dropable and un-substitutional to not even getting on the pitch the last day.
Killian the Gunner is not a football player. His type of aggressive play has a place but he needs to be giving the ball simple. I was also disappointed with Moynagh when he came on, all he did was get turned over. Maybe he is not ready yet and Terry was right to hold him back. I think it will be a huge ask for us to get anything in Galway. McEnroe and Mackey getting back to fitness will be a boost though. I'd be looking at...

Gilsenan
McLoughlin
Dunne
Gunner
Fergal Flanagan
McEnroe

McKiernan
Corr
McVetty
B Reilly
Mackey
McDermott
Martin Reilly
Flanagan (sweeper)

Westside

Brady should never be in the attacking half of the field. He should be deployed to break an attacker's heart and give simple handpasses when he's coming out of defence.

Moynagh was terrible when he came on. I'd go to Galway and go full blanket defence.. Donegal style. If we try to play football against them they have the footballers to beat us well. I'm heading down to make a weekend of it. Anyone else goin?