Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Kildare are mentally frail. Get ahead early and put the pressure on them. Don't see why we can't win.

rodney trotter

Conor Gilsenan (Bailieboro), Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels), Rory Dunne (Redhills), Killian Brady (Mullahoran), Ronan Flanagan (Castlerahan), Fearghal Flanagan (Butlersbridge), Damien O'Reilly (Belturbet), Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), Killian Clarke (Shercock), Paul Smith (Castlerahan), Dara McVeety (Crosserlough), Martin Reilly (Killygarry), Barry Reilly (Kingscourt), Martin Dunne (Cavan Gaels), Niall McDermott (Ballinagh).

McEnrooe musn't be at full fitness yet. He would be starting otherwise.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare look a very disjointed team at the moment and we've picked a full forward line with no natural scorer in it. I'd say the bookies have it about right and would expect Cavan to edge a low scoring game by a few points.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Old yeller

I wonder will the kildare fans be queueing up outside Breifni to get Jelly's autograph like last time?

Donnellys Hollow

We certainly won't be racking up 3-20 like last time anyway.

Westside

Barry Reilly is too light, heavy pitch, strong wind, physical opposition. It'll be attritional, I'd rather see Corr or McEnroe if available. Kildare will be very dangerous and will have to go for broke tonight or else face Division 3 next year. We need to see more from Dunne tonight, I would back Terry to the hilt in his decisions usually but his insistence in persisting with Dunne who isn't performing anywhere near good enough is frustrating.

Itchy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2015, 01:11:41 PM

Will you be bringing your "we love Seanie" posters?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2015, 01:42:09 PM

No need for the digs. Donnellys hollow was against the transfer anyway

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2015, 01:42:09 PM

No but I can bring 18 months worth of post and junk mail from a vacant apartment in Straffan if it's any use to you?

Itchy

Only a bit of banter, rodders. DH - there's probably a few boxes of teabags in the house too that u can drop back to him.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2015, 02:03:13 PM
Only a bit of banter, rodders. DH - there's probably a few boxes of teabags in the house too that u can drop back to him.

I very much doubt that a Cavanman would be leaving unused teabags after him!

Itchy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2015, 02:04:37 PM

Was he not a Kildare man at the time?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2015, 02:31:05 PM

You can take the man out of.........

I'd say he brought his hurl back home with him and used it for firewood!

big balla

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2015, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2015, 02:31:05 PM

You can take the man out of.........

I'd say he brought his hurl back home with him and used it for firewood!
I know what shouldve been done with his hurl! :o
This is a big game for Cavan and Hyland. If he doesn't do something to fix the full forward line it will be hard to keep the faith much longer, we need them scoring. 3 points from play between Dunne and Mcdermot is a poor return. Is Argue fit? I would stick him into the full forward line and let him cause some bother. Saving the U-21s is all well and good but at this stage would we rather win another Ulster U21 or stay in Div 2?

mylestheslasher

Another disappointing day for us. Two key moments went against us, firstly the penalty which I felt was pretty harsh but when the ball broke  the referee clearly impeded the Cavan defender who tried to go down on the ball, it breaks to Kildare and in the net. (at the end of the 2nd half when he interfered with a Cavan attack he threw up the ball). That aside the red card for Damien O Reilly was the killer. Damien needs to have a long hard look at himself as this was totally stupid and gave Kildare a chance against the wind. It could be a big red card as it may be the one that gets us relegated. 

A couple of professional fouls by Kildare prevented us getting in for a goal which may have made a game of it.

In fairness to Cavan we tried something different in the forwards but it just didn't work as the ball in was not good enough. McDermott does so much right but then foolishly runs into contact and gets turned over. Martin Reilly doing the same. I really worry for us now, hard to see where the next 3 points are going to come from.