Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 14, 2014, 06:36:02 PM
Yeah but Tommy is from St Vincents so that's different,

Is Paul Curran taking over Clan na Gaal is Roscommon for free?

Is it though? There is a message in that by the way.

On the latter I doubt it.

rodney trotter

Up to the individual but most would probaly manage their own club for a very little amount if nothing at all, , the way it is now its unrealistic not to expect managers to be paid,

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 14, 2014, 06:44:02 PM
Up to the individual but most would probaly manage their own club for a very little amount if nothing at all, , the way it is now its unrealistic not to expect managers to be paid,

Most of these outside managers aren't worth it.

rodney trotter

True, I suppose if there is nobody up to the standard in the Clubs, they have no option but to look outside.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 14, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
True, I suppose if there is nobody up to the standard in the Clubs, they have no option but to look outside.

Its easy enough to get people up to standard. You invest in coaching in the club rather than investing in outside managers who fleece clubs and win them nothing.

rodney trotter

All clubs do good work under age, It's a different matter at Senior level the commitment requried to manage at Senior level .. especially the way Club football is run in Cavan.

Our own club has a local man for next year ,

mylestheslasher

Are the county team playing any challenge games this christmas? I know they used to play Meath in Oldcastle on 27t or 28th but heard nothing about it. Also heard they played Westmeath but were beaten, anyone know anything about that game?

mrdeeds

They didn't play Westmeath. Played Louth. Bet them well. Turloch Mooney broke and dislocated his ankle. Used to play a tournament in Kells with Meath and Offaly but that doesn't seem to have happened this year.

rodney trotter

That Westmeath rumour was from Hoganstand. They didn't play them.

Played Louth in Darver and won well. Think they played Meath last year a few days after Christmas last year in Oldcastle, could be the same again this year.

mylestheslasher

I should know better than listening to the shite that is written on hoganstand, my bad. Sad news about Mooney, another man who can take a score. Any idea how long he will be out for. Dislocated and broken sounds like a long injury

Westside

Round 3 and Round 4 against Down and Kildare are to be shown on Setanta. Great news for those of us who can't make every game. Let's hope it in no way affects the players.

tommysmith

County board very slow in putting McKenna cup panel on twitter Celt has it this week.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on January 01, 2015, 04:18:43 PM
County board very slow in putting McKenna cup panel on twitter Celt has it this week.

Who is different from last year? I have no Celt this week!

tommysmith

I just had quick look and said I would look at twitter later it was in the shop. Wright from castlerahan and morris from arva are two I think. Apparently Raymond  galligan from lacken is in as a goalkeeper/freetaker.

Bout 10 lads with colleges who were not named.

Itchy

Galligan is a brilliant free taker but has no pace for outfield but a keeper? That's a bit mad or could it be a master stroke?