Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 06, 2014, 03:18:28 PM
I'm referring to the Lotto that he apparently won.

Aidan Elliot was bankrolling the Clubs for years, if they can get outside help that's their business

You might find its the GAAs business Rodders. Also, you shouldn't be sticking peoples names up here like that.

mylestheslasher

Some good news for underage football in the county today. St Pats won the Corn na nog title beating Dungannon by 3 points, first time in 42 years they won it. Also Southern Gaels won their first game in the Ulster minor club championship beating Moortown of Tyrone.

Westside

Good stuff. Pat's very competitive in the last couple of years. Now doing some damage in the MacRory cup would be great. As long as it doesn't affect the county minors of course...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on December 06, 2014, 11:00:53 PM
Good stuff. Pat's very competitive in the last couple of years. Now doing some damage in the MacRory cup would be great. As long as it doesn't affect the county minors of course...

I hear that the relationship between county minors and St Pats should be better this year, lets hope so. We could do with a good year at minor again to keep the underage momentum going.

Blue in hope

rodney trotter
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #14142 on: December 06, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
Or maybe because 5/6 players didn't turn up for the league semi against kingscourt. The lotto story had nothing with Canavan
Itchy

« Reply #14143 on: December 06, 2014, 11:35:26 AM »
Really Rodney, are you sure he didn't win the lotto? Thanks for clearing that up for me. I suppose the foreign aid must have dried up.

rodney trotter

« Reply #14144 on: December 06, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
And why were you sure he ever did win it in the first place? The stories your hearing are eggerated,  it was known what happened , shouldn't really be spouting it on here anyways
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:20:39 PM by rodney trotter »

Rodney what happened was not exaggerated, it was disgraceful as was the cover up which still was going on at AGM yesterday. it was known what happened thanks to some honest people present. Honest is what they are and not what they were called at the AGM. It is no wonder that the club are so disliked in the county that to stand up for what is right  leads a people to be turned on !Canavan I am sure does not want to be associated with this so its no surprise he has moved on.

cavanmaniac

Can someone send me a PM and let me know what all this is about? I'm out of the country...

big balla

Same here, haven't heard any of this story. Someone PM me!

mylestheslasher

Its hardly a big secret. The allegation is that Cavan Gaels held a draw, wanted the winner to be someone local and overlooked the first name out of the hat as they were not local. The allegation is that they did this very openly and in front of witnesses, some of whom were very concerned about it and it leaked out to the general public. I believe  the allegations are now subject to a garda investigation.

Of course these are just allegations and may be completely false.

Westside

Southern Gaels v Crossmaglen into extra time in the Ulster Minor. Had been 3 down at half time, Crossmaglen didn't score in the second half.

Itchy

Draw after extra time too.

Big win for St Joes against Ramor in the U21 final today to.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on December 06, 2014, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 06, 2014, 03:18:28 PM
I'm referring to the Lotto that he apparently won.

Aidan Elliot was bankrolling the Clubs for years, if they can get outside help that's their business

You might find its the GAAs business Rodders. Also, you shouldn't be sticking peoples names up here like that.

Get over yourself.  It was no big secret at the time and he wasn't doing anything wrong -.

My orginal point was about Cavanan  leaving the Gaels  - being annoyed about a few Gaels players not turning up for the league Semi with Kingscourt, as he wanted to do the double, said as much after the Ulster club exit.

You were the one who brought the whole money talk into it and foreign aid - as the reason he left..

Itchy

There's nothing wrong with paying a manager in the GAA? I think you will find that there is Rodney. In fact the business men paying managers is a lot that's wrong with the GAA, even worse when its shite managers like Canavan. Sad that you think there's nothing wrong with that.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2014, 06:18:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with paying a manager in the GAA? I think you will find that there is Rodney. In fact the business men paying managers is a lot that's wrong with the GAA, even worse when its shite managers like Canavan. Sad that you think there's nothing wrong with that.

No, there isn't..

Businessman approach might look above the ethos of the Gaa but if some clubs are lucky to have connections like that then they will obviously use it, in the right way obviously.. whatever way  the gaels used it different this year I dunno.

More or less every Club in Cavan is paying their managr at Senior - that's the way it is.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 14, 2014, 06:28:14 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

No, there isn't..

Businessman approach might look above the ethos of the Gaa but if some clubs are lucky to have connections like that then they will obviously use it, in the right way obviously.. whatever way  the gaels used it different this year I dunno.

More or less every Club in Cavan is paying their managr at Senior - that's the way it is.

Tommy Conroy doesn't get paid a cent and he manages the best club team in Ireland

rodney trotter

Yeah but Tommy is from St Vincents so that's different,

Is Paul Curran taking over Clan na Gaal is Roscommon for free?