Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 01, 2014, 02:46:20 PM
Yeah his discipline is still poor enough, i saw him a few times this year and he wasn't bad but probaly not much of an improvement on whats already on the panel. He over did it with the gym work when he was 19/20, doesn't seem to be as mobile as he once was.

When he broke onto the senior team first he looked a massive prospect, what a shame he didnt live up to it and his tantrums with not making the team were very selfish. We seem very light in the forwards unfortunately.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
Yeah his discipline is still poor enough, i saw him a few times this year and he wasn't bad but probaly not much of an improvement on whats already on the panel. He over did it with the gym work when he was 19/20, doesn't seem to be as mobile as he once was.

When he broke onto the senior team first he looked a massive prospect, what a shame he didnt live up to it and his tantrums with not making the team were very selfish. We seem very light in the forwards unfortunately.

No he didn't he was yet another young player talked up to the last and his down fall was believing the hype.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on December 01, 2014, 09:39:49 PM

No he didn't he was yet another young player talked up to the last and his down fall was believing the hype.

Sorry Tommy but he did, he was playing wing forward and I recall him playing some excellent games in the league that year. I particularly remember him destroying Leighton Glynn in Breffni widely regarded as one of the best half backs in the country at the time. He was talked up at the time for sure because he had potential. He represented his country in compromise rules at U17 I think. I've said it many times on here before, potential and skill without attitude and work rate is worthless and as it turned out Cullivan had a stinker of an attitude and as Rodney said he did totally the wrong training and that ruined him. What you have stated there Tommy is a lazy cliche in my opinion.

rodney trotter

He was an outstanding under age player, played 2 years under age with the International Rules team,  the first year with Mackey and Flanagan and the second year he was Captain. He was on the DCU that won a sigerson as well.

I remember him having a brilliant game against  in Meath in Navan on his first year on the Senior panel in a League, didn't do much after, had a few injuries and walks out.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 01, 2014, 10:22:53 PM

Sorry Tommy but he did, he was playing wing forward and I recall him playing some excellent games in the league that year. I particularly remember him destroying Leighton Glynn in Breffni widely regarded as one of the best half backs in the country at the time. He was talked up at the time for sure because he had potential. He represented his country in compromise rules at U17 I think. I've said it many times on here before, potential and skill without attitude and work rate is worthless and as it turned out Cullivan had a stinker of an attitude and as Rodney said he did totally the wrong training and that ruined him. What you have stated there Tommy is a lazy cliche in my opinion.

If you don't think he believed his own hype that's fine but the fact that he left his own club to play a higher level shows he thinks he is has a high opinion of himself and no loyalty to club and as proven county.  Another lad with head blown of him.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on December 02, 2014, 07:13:19 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 01, 2014, 10:22:53 PM

If you don't think he believed his own hype that's fine but the fact that he left his own club to play a higher level shows he thinks he is has a high opinion of himself and no loyalty to club and as proven county.  Another lad with head blown of him.

We could have crossed wires Tommy. What I am saying is, based on his ability at the time that people were within their rights to talk about him as being a player with great potential. I totally agree he lost his way and that was likely due to his big ego which as you say resulted in him leaving his own club and walking out on the county when he wasn't picked.

Blue in hope

Any word on new club managers for 2015?

Itchy

I hear Canavan is leaving the Gaels following his big lotto win.

rodney trotter

Or maybe because 5/6 players didn't turn up for the league semi against kingscourt. The lotto story had nothing with Canavan

Itchy

Really Rodney, are you sure he didn't win the lotto? Thanks for clearing that up for me. I suppose the foreign aid must have dried up.

rodney trotter

And why were you sure he ever did win it in the first place? The stories your hearing are eggerated,  it was known what happened , shouldn't really be spouting it on here anyways

Itchy

What stories am I hearing Rodney?

rodney trotter

Itchy

Canavan has been on a windfall win or lose, all year. Bankrolled not by the club but by foreign investment. Joke of a club the Gaels.

rodney trotter

I'm referring to the Lotto that he apparently won.

Aidan Elliot was bankrolling the Clubs for years, if they can get outside help that's their business