Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

He writes for a local paper in Mayo, probaly had to give an honest opinion, then sit on the fence,. After some of the errors by Mayo againstkerry , hard to avoid them,

Yeah Forde and mchale would have strong opinions
Doubt Mchale would have any say in selection, Dolan ,Forde and kevin Downes are selectors. Mchale should be a good addition though with his coaching skills,  westmeath were very disappointed they didn't get him.

mylestheslasher

Rodney. Where are you getting your info on McHale? I've been speaking to 4 people from 2 clubs he was involved with. All said he was a gentleman, a great player but not a top coach. I'll spare you the examples they gave me. I hope he succeeds, I really do but I think  this stuff about him being a revolutionary figure in Cavan is a tad over the top. Mayo also let him go for whatever reason, if he was as good as some think surely those things could have been overcome.That said I wish him well.

rodney trotter

The info on Mchale? A few newpaper articles at the time of those clubs being successful Also a few posters from Mayo on Hoganstand cavan page were full of praise

I thought you said it was just one club in the west,  either way he is just the coach at Cavan and not manager where he didn't seem to have success at those clu you are referring too

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 25, 2014, 04:28:50 PM
The info on Mchale? A few newpaper articles at the time of those clubs being successful Also a few posters from Mayo on Hoganstand cavan page were full of praise

I thought you said it was just one club in the west,  either way he is just the coach at Cavan and not manager where he didn't seem to have success at those clu you are referring too

At time of first post it was one club, now its two.

Westside

I see Cavan are in the over 40s Shield Final against Tyrone.. Any former Cavan players on the team?

mrdeeds

Cavan junior b semi final friday night referee played 28 mins. Two managers showed him that two minutes left but ref refused to play last two minutes and called a draw. Disgrace.

comeysfield

who was in the semi and who was the ref

mrdeeds

Kingscourt and Ramor. Raymond Kelly referee. Replay probably tomorrow and final Saturday.

S.Poacher2012

GAA Coaching Clinic

Date: Saturday 15th November 2014

Venue: St Columban's College Kilkeel

Cost: £10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information booklet)

** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columbans**

AGENDA:

10am: Welcome

10.10am: Aidan O' Rourke (Development Manager Queens Gaa)

"Building elements of a game-plan into training sessions"

- Clearly defined game-plan goals

- Fundamentals of play with and without the ball

- Transitions during games

**Practical Session Outdoor**

11.45am: Tea/Coffee/Snack

12.00pm: Conor Laverty (Trinity College Gaa Development Officer)

"Developing Attacking Play in your team"

**Practical Session Outdoor**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919 or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

mylestheslasher

Good luck to both Arva and Cootehill today 2 wins would be fantastic and a big boost for Cavan club football.

tommysmith

The great work continues at under age.

There was  coaching the past week for children 8-12 at the 3G .

It's just a pity that nobody told the clubs/schools. The first day was cancelled and the second had a record 13 attend.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on November 02, 2014, 11:26:48 AM
The great work continues at under age.

There was  coaching the past week for children 8-12 at the 3G .

It's just a pity that nobody told the clubs/schools. The first day was cancelled and the second had a record 13 attend.

Who is in charge of organising this?

Westside

Cootehill 3 up with five minutes to go and lost by a point. Let's hope Arvagh can do better.

Itchy

mylestheslasher

Its depressing how poorly our club teams do in Ulster, it really is. I thought these two could go well.