Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

We hit a wall today. Change is required or we may waste the underage talent we have produced. Today was a throw back to the bad old days. Gutted with the way that game went.

Westside

Avoiding Hoganstand, avoiding match reports, avoiding post match interviews posted by County Board on twitter. Absolutely gutted, and gutted for the team.

cavanmaniac

I think a lot of us saw a defeat coming here. For me, the whole thing has been flat since the league final and we're in a worrying place right now. The manner of this defeat suggests that our worries are not just tactical and that there's now the all-too-familiar malaise of player apathy in there as well?

Denn Forever

At the start of the year the most important thing was promotion to Div 2. Achieved.  The league final showed us that teams knew how to play us.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

comeysfield

Very poor just about sums it up. Mid field non-existent not sure how some lads stays on the field. Not trying to name names here as it is not really fair.  Then  playing 3 forwards in defense means that it just shows us up for what we are.  Not sure they are forwards anymore as they are not allowed shoot anyway. I think we now have a system in Cavan where we do not let lads play football at all. We do not even let them play football with the clubs. It will need a bit of thought for us to turn this around and stay in Division 2. To me it just started to look like lads going through the motions in that second half. God knows we do not want to go back there. Hopefully lads will get a good rest from the county now. Well give it two weeks and club championship time.   

Old yeller

It'd make ya sick to look at it. We dont have to be playing like Dublin, but at this stage we are playing by far the worst style of football in the country. Something needs to change, we have gone backwards this year and as far as I can see it is because we have been playing in an even more negative fashion than last year. The u21 semi was the worst ive seen all year, lads afraid to shoot. It has to stop soon because they wont know any other way. Its giving a proud county like Cavan a terrible name too.

rodney trotter

And still lost that game by 1 point to Dublin, looked what happened Roscommon when they naively went man to man with Dublin in the All Ireland final.

Good U16 team again this year, been impressive in the Gerry Reilly tournament, play Dublin on Sunday 7.30 Oldcastle in a repeat of last years final. Dublin no doubt will be strong again.

comeysfield

Well Championship starts off this weekend so

Gaels or Castlerahan for senior ? 

Cootehill or will this be the year Ballyhaise finally get a cure of the yips

Junior should be Arva but then it should have been Arva last year as well

rodney trotter

Castlerahan have a good panel but missing Ronan Flanagan and Cian Mackey will probaly cost them. Mackey is suppose to be out for 3 months. Kingscourt have Barry Tully back this year after being in London last year, and Christy McGowan ex Leitrim player now playing for them.
Ramor have lots of talent but yet to make a real impact in the Senior Championship,
Hard to see Ballinagh retaining the Senior title. Gaels will want to impress under Canavan, they have injuries too.

Ballyhaise were going well in the League but Tierney is out for a while i think

Arva lost Bouhier to the States for the summer so he will be a miss, probaly should have enough until he comes back. Cornafean will be thereabouts, Ballymacugh too.

Boogie

Where are you getting this info that Mackey is out for 3 months? I was told he has 4 more weeks to go plus the 3 weeks that have passed since he stopped with Cavan so 7 weeks out in total. If they can get past the first round proper they will have him and flanagan back which would be a massive help

comeysfield

Did the U16 game against Dublin happen yet

Denn Forever

Quote from: comeysfield on July 24, 2014, 09:54:44 AM
Did the U16 game against Dublin happen yet

On Sunday in Millbrook. Details on HS.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Quote from: Boogie on July 23, 2014, 08:44:10 PM
Where are you getting this info that Mackey is out for 3 months? I was told he has 4 more weeks to go plus the 3 weeks that have passed since he stopped with Cavan so 7 weeks out in total. If they can get past the first round proper they will have him and flanagan back which would be a massive help

I saw someone mention it on boards.ie. Although probaly shouldnt read much what they say on there.
They put up a nice score last week in the Breffni League final.

Gerry Reilly final details http://www.hoganstand.com/cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=221145

Westside

Promising stuff from the U16s, have hammered everyone in the Gerry Reilly tournament and gave the Dubs a bit of a pasting this evening 1-16 to 1-08 to win the Cup. There's obviously a half decent pool of talent there, our next minor manager appointment is very important.

Zulu

Lads, can any of you tell who the management team are for the Cavan junior football team?