Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tommysmith on March 26, 2014, 09:11:46 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 26, 2014, 09:02:15 PM
Any truth to the rumours or all made up nonsense?

Givneys cousin says it's made up an Rodney thinks otherwise.

It's hard to know what's going on.

If Givney is not on panel Saturday night it will tell a story.

Givneys cousin a better source. Cavan have promotion secured players will be rested Saturday night. 

mylestheslasher

So U21 game against Monaghan has been moved to Armagh instead of Enniskillen. Apparently Monaghan wanted it changed. Means I cannot attend now anyway.

rodney trotter

Monaghan must be wary of cavans good record under age in Brewster. We beat Down last year in Armagh so no fear

Westside

Why drag the game to the Gaelic Grounds? What Monaghan want shouldn't come into it really, the ground should be the most accessible neutral ground for both sets of supporters, would that not be Brewster?

rodney trotter

Enniskillen was the obvious venue, have to drive through Monaghan to get to Armagh, but that's the way it is. Have to beat up there - Athletic grounds..

comeysfield

The Drive home will be great keep the Faith

comeysfield

Lovely drive home last night. Absolute dire dire stuff but we were stronger maybe should be a little more positive. A win is a win. Fortunate goal  made the difference. Final in Brewster now I assume

rodney trotter

The Monaghan keeper made a couple of great saves in the first half and the corner back Ryan Wylie made a good block on a Tom Hayes shot so Cavan were creating  goal chances. It was a lucky goal by Argue but probaly deserved. Monaghan didnt create any goal chances, solid defending by the Cavan defence yet again. Tough conditions

Donegal will be seeking revenge from last years final, a few surviors from that team still available, like Paddy McBrearty,
Martin O Reilly, Ryan McHugh, Darrach O Connor, Willie Gillespie, Eoin McHugh.

Conor Madden pulled the hamstring after only coming on as a sub which was disappointing.

tommysmith

Handy enough spins for next year.

Kildare, Westmeath, Meath, Down, Laois, Galway,  Roscommon

rodney trotter

tierworker blue

Unbelievable stuff in Armagh tonight...I don't even remember the journey back to Dublin! (it felt like it only took 15 mins!) What a team...what a comeback...unbelievable stuff!
As a person who has been going to 90% of Cavan matches, for 35ish years now (ok...being brought, for the first few years!) it is an incredible feeling to have won our fourth Ulster title on the trot, especially in such a dramatic way. To say that the atmosphere was electric, is the understatement of the decade, and I havn't experienced the likes of it in a long long time!
When Michael got the 'insurance' point, after Liam's goal, I nearly burst out crying (or so my Mrs. beside me said anyway!) such was the raw emotion. We've been through some tough times over the years folks, and many of us have stuck with it, through thin and thinner, but over the last while, it has been great to finally hold the head high, and be proud of the lads...they are a credit to the county!
I have always worn the blue jersey with pride, no matter what the circumstances. Whether it was on the train back from a drubbing in Cork, soaked to the skin on the terrace in Aughrim, or watching Kildare (and one of our own) wallop us in our back garden, the colours were on show for all to see nonetheless. What's different now, is that it is with an extra pep in our step we throw on the auld Kingspan top, and head out the door!
For years we bemoaned a lack of direction, and betimes effort, but we now have that in spades! Gone are the days when we bowed over to any and everyone without as much as a whimper. Gone are the days when players rolled up to Casement in a car, bleary eyed, and asked the likes of me how they'd get in! Gone are those days, and good riddance...may we never see them again.
Keep up the good work lads...we're behind ye all the way.
To rehash something I posted on a different site around ten years ago, but which has taken until now to bear fruit...the future is indeed blue! An Cabhan Abu!

Old yeller

Four in a row, what an achievement! The character shown by the players was unbelievable.  At one stage we looked beaten, but they never gave up. As Tierworker Blue said, the emotions were running very high. This lads have no fear, and rightly so. The last team to win 4 in a row was Tyrone, winning their 4th in 2003. It definitely bodes well for the future. We need to take it to the next level now, get back to Croker and win the bloody thing!

comeysfield

It is amazing stuff that we are where we are. The thing is we now are expecting to win though I am not sure about the Dubs games. The only cautionary bit I thought it amazing that we do not have a free taker at U21 that can kick a ball over from 35 Yards out. Also we had nobody to take a left sided kick surely the dubs will push us that side. Also the number of hits and tackles going in lads will be in bits after that. McBrearty if I was from Donegal to me just did not seem all that interested at times. Joe Dillion even though he was getting the same abuse just kept showing and showing so that in itself takes Heart. It was a real display of courage and if you keep going you get the rewards

BigMac

Where is the sense in bringing Dublin and Cavan to Portlaoise? This game should have been in Navan or at worst Mullingar!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BigMac on April 11, 2014, 11:18:23 AM
Where is the sense in bringing Dublin and Cavan to Portlaoise? This game should have been in Navan or at worst Mullingar!

Its a double header so you have to satisfy Cork and Roscommon too. Pain in the hole for me to go to Portlaoise.