Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Winning Division 3 title, obviously.  Would be great to have a cup along with promotion. And thats what the player's and management will want too. Keating didn't start today, was a bit surprised to have seen his name on the team sheet. But he will be back for the League final,  Givney, Alan Clarke, too. Great to have finally gotten out of Divison 3 . Wouldn't be thinking of the championship yet, will see how Cavan get on in the League final against the free scoring rossies... The final 2 games in the league would give lads coming back from injury and squad players a chance to impress

Itchy

I heard at the match Keating had the flu.

Old yeller

Absolutely fantastic day for Cavan football. This is exactly what we all were asking for at the beginning ofvthe year. To win the cup now would be brilliant. Roscommon are putting up big scores but they are also conceding a lot too

mylestheslasher

Thought the performance was quite poor but then again when you play 5 games in a tough division you are bound to have some tough and tight games. Cavan of the past would have folded and lost that game and maybe the Sligo one too. The winning of the game yesterday was from the bench. I thought McKeever was class when he came on, he upped the pace of the attack and just brought an urgency and drive that was missing. He might be an important player of the bench this year if Terry feels he hasnt 70 mins in him. I also thought Lyng did well when he came on, winning some real dirty ball and putting in some nice balls while he clearly is short on fitness he still had time to do a rugby tackle Brian O Driscoll would have been proud off. Also glad to see Tierney out winning ball and kicking a few nice points. Interesting to see Paul O Connor on the bench too. We need some more forwards to be ready to step in.

So our no 1 objective for this year has been achieved. Personally I couldn't care less about winning the Div 3 league title (although of course it would be nice to do), from here on it I'd like to see us focused on one thing only - beating Armagh in the championship.

rodney trotter

Its bizarre that people wouldn't care about winning the league. Surely winning the league would be a great confidence boost ahead of the championship. Winning the final 2 league games and hopefully the final would be good momentum ahead of the championship and keeps the team focused by winning

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 17, 2014, 08:07:11 PM
Its bizarre that people wouldn't care about winning the peague. Surely winning the league would be a great confidence boost ahead of the championship. Winning the final 2 league games and hopefully the final would be good momentum ahead of the championship and keeps the team focused by winning

I don't care about it in the same way I don't care about the U21's winning the Hastings cup. It could be a confidence boost or it could make a team thing they are invincible. I'm just saying next priority to me is doing well in Ulster and if I were manager all my efforts from here on in would be towards that. Doesn't mean I wouldn't go out to win the matches just that I'd be working towards something that is many weeks away. Don't see that as bizarre.

rodney trotter

Fair enough.. it would be a long way to start thinking of the Armagh game in late May right now, when there is still 2 rounds of the league and final to play. But just my opinion

Westside

It would be good to win but the most important thing about the League was to be playing in the higher Division next year. Winning the Cup would be nice but it's not the be all and end all, beating Armagh is the most important thing now for sure.

rodney trotter

Monaghan after winning the Divison 3 title last year went onto win Ulster. Teams that perform well in leagues generally perform well in the championship,  doesn't mean Cavan are going to win Ulster this year, but would be a great boost no doubt

Itchy

Our minors gave Armagh a pasting today 3.8 to 0.6. We were 3.6 to 0.1 up at half time. Ryan Connolly hit 2.2 in the first half. Playing down next weekend.

rodney trotter

3-7 to 0-5 was the score, very poor conditions. Good minor team this year although the Cavan team today was experimental. The side last year was very young, with 3 u16s involved. Down will be a tougher test

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Blue in hope

Hear Givney has been dropped  from the Cavan panel due to disciplinary reasons.

rodney trotter

Yeah, a loss , but no player is bigger then the team,

Western Blue

Are both players off the Panel for the remaining 3 games or are they gone for the season?