Winners of Drung/Drumlane V Winners of Laragh/Killinkere

Drumgoon V Lavey

Ballinagh V Cootehill

Ballyhaise V Qualifier           

HOTEL KILMORE JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS

Maghera V Corlough                                                      TEAM A

Kildallon V Mountnugent                                               TEAM B

Templeport V Killeshandra                                            TEAM C

Team A V Team B                                                         Quarter Final Place

Losers of Team A/Team B V Team C                            Quarter Final Place

HOTEL KILMORE JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTER FINALS

Shannon Gaels V Winner of Team A/Team B

Arva V Shercock

Cornafean V Butlersbridge

Munterconnacht V Losers of Team A/Team B V Team C

cavanmaniac

Catlerahan C'Lough was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Absolutely dreadful stuff. Typical of club football in Cavan, tactically obsessed nonsense with the basics of the game like kicking and scoring sadly lacking.

Lough equalised deep in injury time but were full value for the draw. They hadn't as much of the ball for alot of the match but took their scoring opportunities well whereas Castlerahan squandered alot, Mackey in the corner shooting about five identical wides from 25 yards when in space and nobody near him for a few of those.

Castlerahan throw the ball about alot, some daft possession-type tactic, teams just push up on them and put them in a load of trouble close to their own goals. This approach demands pinpoint accuracy with handpasses and good kick deliveries out from defence into space, but no Castlerhan men with exception of Flanagan seemed able to do this, or often they had no man waiting outside anyway as Lough had it all bottled up, even with one man sent off.

Crosserlough are much more direct and shift the ball up the field alot quicker. Philip Smith caught a great ball and drilled it over the bar in the second half, Johnny Crowe kicked two huge place balls from the hand. Brian Crowe was the ref, did a decent job, Lough's Mark Rehill got the line - straight red - for an elbow but I didn't see it, but I'd say was a better ref for Castlerahan as the lighter team. A change of ref will favour Crosserlough for the replay who have the better approach to win the replay.

Mullahoran as usual seem to be saving their big ammunition for the championship while Gowna had the Gaels beat at half time but seemingly collapsed after the break and drew it. Anyone at it to offer a report?

Homer

We scraped by Bailieborough on Friday evening 1-8 to 1-6. Some decent football played in the first half but the second half was an awful scrappy affair.

Gaynor and David Rooney (Bailieborough), were sent off within 5 minutes of each other. I didn't see either incident thanks to my crap position at the match but as always there was uproar from the crowd in both cases.

Podge, Terry Smith and Niall McDermott were probably our best players. Niall is an excellent prospect considering he is underage for minor again next year. Bailieborough had big games from Sean Cooney, Adrian Lambe and Neil Donnellan.

cavanmaniac

Adrian Lambe? Last seen nicking a last-minute place at no.14 on the Cavan team that lost to Down in the Ulster semi in 1996, only to bomb spectacularly and never be seen again. He must be a big age for football now surely? Evidently still a handful though.

Is Podge going to throw his lot in with Cavan seniors next year do you think?

Hollow Man

Speaking of Lambe, how many other veterans of the Cavan panel of '97 are still playing club football?

Jason
Larry
Peter
Forde
McCabe
Terry Farrelly
Lambe
Mickey Graham

Actually there are rakes of them

Homer

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 30, 2007, 02:34:32 PM
Adrian Lambe? Last seen nicking a last-minute place at no.14 on the Cavan team that lost to Down in the Ulster semi in 1996, only to bomb spectacularly and never be seen again. He must be a big age for football now surely? Evidently still a handful though.

Lambe's a right age alright but he hasn't lost the strength and still knows how to throw himself about.

Haven't been speaking to him maniac but I'm sure he will. I think he took the year out because he always knew he would be heading stateside come summer.

cavanmaniac

Very responsible of him. Tell him have a word with the Chicago deserters when they come home!

SuperHans

Lads had a great weekend down in Cavan
Stayed in  B &B near Butlersbridge. Drank in Cruiscin lan, good wee bar then later after the game in McMahons then the Imperial. Good auld steam. I wouldnt mind another qualifer down there in future. Breffni was in good nick too.Id rather have it than Clones

BallyhaiseMan

we were awful against Swad,They ran straight through us in the first 10 minutes
went 5 down albeit playing into a stiff breeze,managed to get on top in the 2nd half but couldnt put them away.
switch with Barry Kelly and Brendan Lyons done the trick.Fergal Slowey outstanding as usual.Eamon Costello and Collie Reily also very good.
Swad showed they are better than their bottom place in Division Two.Would fancy them to win at least a game in qualifiers.
Good to see Michael Rooney back after injury,we could do with Baz Lynch and Sean McCormack aswell.
Mark Cunningham for swad is some prospect.
Far more football in him than either brother im afraid but typically the others are six footers and he doesnt look like reaching that mark anytime soon.

cavanmaniac

You mention Fergal Slowey alot in your reports BHMan. Either he's some footballer or you're Fergal Slowey yourself ;D

Seriously, was he ever tried for the county, I think you may have mentioned him before as county material...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 30, 2007, 05:11:04 PM
You mention Fergal Slowey alot in your reports BHMan. Either he's some footballer or you're Fergal Slowey yourself ;D

Seriously, was he ever tried for the county, I think you may have mentioned him before as county material...

no im not Fergal slowey CM  :D
He is some footballer,only thing against him is his size at around 5'8.

CC1

Did you make it down to the Shercock v Killeshandra game BHM? Just saw a post on hoganstand that is winding me up like a feckin jack-in-the-box and was just wondering what your thoughts were on the game...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: CC1 on July 30, 2007, 05:21:58 PM
Did you make it down to the Shercock v Killeshandra game BHM? Just saw a post on hoganstand that is winding me up like a feckin jack-in-the-box and was just wondering what your thoughts were on the game...

didnt make it down im afraid CC1

but i was told by a fair few of the lads who were there watching on the hill that Shercock were well deserved their victory.

Ignore what the Hoganstand cretins say.

CC1

Sound man. At least I can stop punching the monitor now... ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

anglocelt39

The mists of time can play tricks with the memory Maniac. Lambo was one of five Shamrocks men to play in the 95 Final Against Tyrone (Pod, Gerry Sheridan, John Donnellan and Aidan Connolly were the others). Adrian was also a panel member in the 97 campaign all the way through to Croker but didn't see action. Saw a fair bit of action in the NFL that year (Division 1 vintage as I recall). Once marty disappeared I think Adrian went off the scene. Good ball player and not a bit afraid to stand up for himself either, a comment that could also apply to all the above mentioned clubmates. We could do with a lad like him winning ball in the FF line now.

While I'm on the point of useless reminiscing I think Donnellan missed the 97 campaign through injury-thinking of Croke park and the Ramor mans travails in the full back line that day we could have used him.

Anyway, that was then
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds