Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: comeysfield on December 13, 2013, 01:33:43 PM
Just for the Record if nothing else the County Board spend 500K on all Teams (not just the senior county team)

Not bad going see as Mayo spend over 600 K on their senior men's footballers alone!!!!

mylestheslasher

We still made a 20k profit. I think the county board are doing a good job with finances considering the extended runs we had at senior and U21 and all the efforts that are been put in by all our teams. Well done I say!

Itchy

There's a poll on sean Johnston over on hoganstand. I see 42% say he has burned his bridges, 33% say he should be brought back and 25% say he is not needed. Seems the man that makes the decisions agrees with the public.

mylestheslasher

So who is missing?

Ronan Flanagan
All the U21's
Gearoid McKiernan
Oisin Minagh

Anyone else?

Good to see Smith and Lyng back. Smith could be the guy to kill Mackey's shoes one day.

Westside

Jack Brady, Jason McLoughlin, Podge O'Reilly all missing for one reason or another..

Itchy

I think I recall jack Brady saying in twitter he had an operation. Mcloughlin was only a sub for club in u21 so presume he also injury. Podge I'm sorry to say may just not be in the managers plans.

BallyhaiseMan

No Podge or John McCutcheon(Is he injured???) is very suprising.

Westside

McLoughlin is definitely injured, didn't even come on against Assan in the U21 Semi-Final. Jack had been delaying an operation all through the last year I think. Podge is a good reliable lad I'd be sorry to see him go from the panel.

What position does Tinnelly play for Kingscourt?

Itchy

We all like Podge but he rarely featured when the pitches got hard. Its a tough job being manager but you have to cull the panel. Terry doesn't fancy mccutcheon much either again I think its his lack of pace.

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 15, 2013, 11:57:20 AM
So who is missing?

Ronan Flanagan
All the U21's
Gearoid McKiernan
Oisin Minagh

Anyone else?

Good to see Smith and Lyng back. Smith could be the guy to kill Mackey's shoes one day.

Thomas Corr?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

scoopmine

Tinnelly plays for Kingscourt mostly in the half forward line. No Barry Reilly?  Good to see Smith back. Think Mccutcheon is very hard done by.

tommysmith

Canalman

Listened last night to Talking History on Newstalk where the author of the 1947 Final book was on. Absolutely hilarious at the beginning as the presenter hadn't a clue about the GAA and asked the author I think if it was Cavan's only AI win.

well worth a visit to the podcast for any Cavan posters here.

beer baron

John decided to opt out as he has a long term hip injury that he's been struggling to shake off.