Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue in hope

There was a lot of debate in the ground when the Ref moved a 45 in to a 14m free. Are 45s allowed to be brought forward?

Could there have been a foul off the ball?

Speaking to a ref this morning who told me that a 45 is given for a ball crossing the line of an opponent. If a foul is committed of the ball before the ball is struck the ref should book the player but he can not move it forward. If the ball has been struck he can award a free kick from where the ball landed or where the offence took place. The ball in this case had not been struck so it should not have been moved. He said 45s and kickouts can not be moved forward.

anglocelt39

With christmas on the way people might be looking forward to a break from the football and a chance to buy a few presents. I've finished reading The Fairytale in New York by Paul Fitz and would strongly recommend it to people as a read over the silly season. Some story, some amount of research went into it and very well written. Hope Cavan give him a reason to put pen to paper again at some stage in the not too distant future.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Itchy

Quote from: anglocelt39 on December 09, 2013, 09:19:49 PM
With christmas on the way people might be looking forward to a break from the football and a chance to buy a few presents. I've finished reading The Fairytale in New York by Paul Fitz and would strongly recommend it to people as a read over the silly season. Some story, some amount of research went into it and very well written. Hope Cavan give him a reason to put pen to paper again at some stage in the not too distant future.

Read it myself, very enjoyable.

gortnaleck

Really enjoyed it,read it over a weekend.

FermGael

Canavan the new manager of Cavan gaels
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mylestheslasher

Quote from: gortnaleck on December 10, 2013, 02:33:15 PM
Really enjoyed it,read it over a weekend.

Its good isn't it. Funny and sad at the same time - sad that we have allowed that great tradition of competing at the top to slip so low. Thankfully there is some light at the end of the tunnel now.

rodney trotter

Best of luck to Ronan Flanagan in his recovery. Going to have a groin op, only to hear it was a lot more serious news.

Blue in hope

Peter Canavan manager and Ciaran Donnelly no 2 On a two year Cavan Gaels last two years must be hurting them!

Westside

What's wrong with Ronan Flanagan lads?

Interesting news about Canavan.. Will generate interest but I still think he has yet to prove he is anything other than an ordinary manager.

rodney trotter

He has testicular cancer.

Canavan was apparently on huge money with Fermanagh , one of the reasons he was let go.

Itchy

Best of luck to Ronan on his recovery and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that. Hope to see him back in the Cavan jersey soon.

Westside

Ah God.. The poor lad. Well please God he'll make a full recovery. Played a great year for Cavan last year I'm sure we'll see him back soon.

Denn Forever

Frightening really how much is spent  on a County's preparation. At least we didn't bankrupt ourselves.

From HS

Cavan splashed out €503,351 on their county footballers this year.

Delegates at tonight's annual convention in the Kilmore Hotel will hear how expenditure on county teams is up nearly €13,000 from €490,370 in 2012 to €503,351 this year. The rise can be attributed to the Breffni County's extended championship run which saw them qualify for the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals for the first time.

Despite the bigger outlay in team expenses, the board still posted a profit of €20,686, down from €38,158 last year.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Well done to Donal Keoghan on retaining his central council seat last night.

comeysfield

Just for the Record if nothing else the County Board spend 500K on all Teams (not just the senior county team)