Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

That's wrong info, Blue in hope, Lacken were already in a Relegation play off with Cuchullians  which is due to be played next weekend. That was just a meaningless fixture which meant nothing for either Lacken or Cavan Gaels, as they are in the League Semis and Lacken were already in a Relegation play off. Lacken were prepared to play the game and were togged out, they hadn't the numbers. Obviously more concerned about a League Semi then a match that meant nothing.

Two go down in each division, Denn already down, Lacken & Cuchullians to play off. Same way as Crosserlough had a play off a few weeks ago against Belturbet.

Blue in hope

Rodney you are wrong according to the league table on the Cavan GAA web site.
Cuchullians have played 18 games and have 12 pts. Lacken have played 17 games and have 11pts. With two points for a win Lacken beating the Gaels would put Lacken on 13pts . This would send Cuchullians down with Denn. Only a draw would put it to a play off.
That is twice in a couple of weeks that the Gaels have not fulfilled a fixture.

rodney trotter

It was known for a few weeks that Lacken would be playing Cuchullians in a League play off. Whatever the table says doesn't mean anything. Botton team goes down and second and third bottom team go into a Relegation play off the same way as Crosserlough did against Belturbet. Crosserlough were ahead of Belturbet in the League

Denn Forever

Well done Kilishandra.

Ulster club IFC: Killeshandra into last four
http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=203854
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

packiedevlin

Good performance by Killeshandra yesterday, its probably as good a performance they've had this year. McKiernan again very good, his frees were excellent including another from the sideline similar to the intermediate final. There will be much tougher tests ahead though. I think its crazy that teams have to play semi finals and finals in the league, the top 2 are promoted, that should be it. These games are a waste especially for teams 3rd and 4th who cant get promoted anyway!
If Killeshandra were to make it to an Ulster final and a league final that's 5 games still left to play this side of Christmas!!

Hard luck to Kill, they weren't just good enough yesterday.

rodney trotter

Probaly the reason for Semi finals in the League is to give teams something to play for and keep it competitive.

Interesting that both Ballyhaise and Redhills both won in the Division 1b Semi's on Saturday, neither team was promoted. The two promoted teams Gowna and Drumgoon beaten.

Westside

St. Pats Cavan beat Armagh in the MacRory Cup today. Ryan Connolly scored 1-11 out of 2-13 for Cavan. Anyone know where I could see a team lineout for the Cavan team? Be very interested to see what sort of team they have as I hear there was a lot being invested in that grade this year in St. Pats.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on November 06, 2013, 07:02:17 PM
St. Pats Cavan beat Armagh in the MacRory Cup today. Ryan Connolly scored 1-11 out of 2-13 for Cavan. Anyone know where I could see a team lineout for the Cavan team? Be very interested to see what sort of team they have as I hear there was a lot being invested in that grade this year in St. Pats.

Terry should be getting him in on the county panel for a look.

rodney trotter

Westside

He looks very athletic. Great burst of pace and a fantastic left foot. Another year left at Minor. 1-11 is a fantastic tally. Is this Pat's first year in the MacRory Cup?

rodney trotter

They have have been playing in the B competition for the past few years, McLarnon Cup, weren't strong enough for McCrory until this year, Took some bad beatings in the past due to the age difference  the Northern sides have  .
Played in Leinster Colleges A for 2 years as they were able to compete at that Level in 04/06.

Strong side this year, I think a few lads did transition year so  that they would be eligible. Is Greg McGovern from Swad in too?

Westside

Think so yes. And Niall Farrell from Templeport. Those are the only two I know that are now with St. Pats. Two very physical lads, they are obviously attempting to bridge the gap with regards to the development advantage of the older lads in Northern Colleges.

rodney trotter

Yeah, its the only way they would be able to compete . Be great for Cavan football to see them do well

The Rannafast team are playing Colemans newry nest week in the Semi Final. Be great if they could get retain that Cup.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on November 06, 2013, 09:23:10 PM
Think so yes. And Niall Farrell from Templeport. Those are the only two I know that are now with St. Pats. Two very physical lads, they are obviously attempting to bridge the gap with regards to the development advantage of the older lads in Northern Colleges.

Have lads gone to St Pat's this year to play football?

rodney trotter

More or less. No harm it in. They will obviously be students too. McCrory is highest standard of schools football