Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 18, 2013, 09:21:13 PM
Where are you hearing this? Over 20,000 tickets had been sold earlier in the week

Really i heard today that only half that was sold which i was surprised at.

mylestheslasher

Well done to the Leaguers today. Huge result for the club. They put in a massive 2nd half to pip Shercock right at the end. I was very impressed with Shercock, for a long time they looked the likely winners and will rue a couple of bad misses near the end of the 2nd half. However Killeshandras main men came to the fore when it mattered, Dec McKiernan kicking an outrageous free to put us in front as well as starting to win the dirty ball in the middle and Colm Duffy, Dara Tighe and Conor Smith began to dominate their individual battles.

CC1

Sickened... :( Well done leaguers...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on October 20, 2013, 10:53:32 PM

Missed goals chances when maybe points would have been better and some stupid fouling near the end was the reason that Killeshandra have the cup and Shercock don't.  I think some Shercock players lost there nerve with the finishing line approaching.

CC1

Quote from: tommysmith on October 21, 2013, 08:18:58 AM

Missed goals chances when maybe points would have been better and some stupid fouling near the end was the reason that Killeshandra have the cup and Shercock don't.  I think some Shercock players lost there nerve with the finishing line approaching.
Possibly so, still can't fault anybody for the effort they put in. Declan's free taking was the difference. Savage score on the outside of his boot near the end. Worthy of winning any match.

Congrats Myles, hope the bars have plenty of supplies over in Killeshandra to do you the week...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

rodney trotter

Well done to Killeshandra yesterday , it could have been a treble of local Clubs winning Senior - Intermediate -Junior, if Arva hadn't of thrown away the lead in the Junior Final. But they are a young side and will bounce back.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: CC1 on October 21, 2013, 01:11:37 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 21, 2013, 08:18:58 AM

Possibly so, still can't fault anybody for the effort they put in. Declan's free taking was the difference. Savage score on the outside of his boot near the end. Worthy of winning any match.

Congrats Myles, hope the bars have plenty of supplies over in Killeshandra to do you the week...

Forgot you were Shercock CC1. Hard luck, ye had a much more organised look about ye for most of that match and also looked a stronger team than us. Lacked a killer instinct up front and panic set in when ye had the half chances for goals that should have been tipped over. Declan and Killian Clarke and Shankey had a great battle and I think Declan won it in the 2nd half when it was really in the melting pot. Unfortunately for me I couldnt stay around on the session after which was a pain but I'm delighted for the lads anyway. I think Shercock are one for the future though.

packiedevlin

I would have to agree with Myles in that Shercock panicked near the end with those 3 goal chances, if they had have taken points instead I dont think Killeshandra would have come back. Joe Masterson made a great save for one of those chances, I wonder will he get a call in for the U21s next year? Also, I think man of the match Colm Duffy deserves a trial at least with the county, hes been very consistent this year. The corner forward Clerkin was very good, he gave Conor Smith a roasting and had to be taken off him. Was he on the county minor panel this year? I think hes only 18.

rodney trotter

Is Colm Duffy not around 29? Be a late developer for a player that has never played Senior County before. Worth a run in the McKenna Cup I suppose. Thomas Reilly would be worth another run I think, plenty of ability.

packiedevlin

Yep he's 29 but as you say no harm giving him a run in the McKenna cup. Agree Reilly has plenty of ability but I doubt his work rate, hes good going forward but doesnt do the defensive work, even when playing in midfield.

rodney trotter

Yeah, I'd probably agree. Killeshandra have a home game against the Antrim Champions in Ulster Club. No easy games in Ulster , but good to have a home draw.

If Ballinagh settle down from the partying I think they can get past Roslea, who are missing their 2 best forwards. Sean and Seamus Quigley through suspension.

Blue in hope

Joe O Connor gone as manager of Cavan Gaels not seeing out the league campagin. Same thing happened Michael Graham last year gone before season ended. In 2011 Darren Chapman was gone after winning county title,there one year,in 2010 Gareth Coyle removed mid year to be replaced by Damien Cassidy who was gone after final loss to Kingscourt. In 2009 Mick O Dowd got shafted after the players lost discipline against St Galls in Ulster having four men sent off.

They will have some job to find anyone to take them over in 2014. The players have to much power!

mylestheslasher

Sure maybe Seanie could be player manager.

Blue in hope

I hear Seanie is going to manage the U-16s next year.

tommysmith

He may have stayed if he wasn't assaulted by one of his players.