Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comeysfield

Gaels were in 100% cruise control against Castlerahan last night in the park. A little cynical maybe with Mackey in the first half. It will be very interesting to see how black cards change football next year. Anyways looking at the Gaels team sheet where right down to number 30 they have very credible senior footballers then it is going to be a Gaels championship

rodney trotter

It was a disappointing performance by Castlerahan. Similar to the Semi final last year against Kingscourt. Games are not won by team sheets, but the Gaels will be clear favourites against Ballinagh after last nights performance.

tommysmith

Gaels are red hot favorites now, serious panel of players they have now when they are all available.

Anyone on the main terrace notice Johnston getting into a pretty heated argument with the Gaels secretary near the end of the game. He had to be dragged away from him by one of the management team, but in fairness to the secretary he didn't seem interested in what Johnston had to say nor did Eamon Reilly who was trying to talk to the secretary at the time.

Another thing i noticed was that all the Gaels lads who were subbed got applauded off the field by the subs bench except Johnston.  I wonder how welcome he is in the club.

Itchy

He isn't even turning up to the Gaels training so maybe that is why the lads on the bench are not so welcoming.

mylestheslasher

Looks like the Gaels will be rewarded for lack of loyalty to their own squad players. Cant see it happen but I hope Ballinagh beat them.

i was at the Killeshandra v Ballyhaise game on Saturday. Leaguers deserved their win and can thank a very good performance in their FB line and also a master display in midfield from Dec McKiernan. i thought Kevin Tierney was woeful for Ballyhaise. Now maybe he is injured but he showed no hunger for the game and was just jogging around the fringes easily marshalled by Daragh Tighe. Big difference between him and say McVeety for Crosserlough in the 2nd game where he bust his hole for his team.
Alas the 2nd game was very poor stuff indeed. The second half in particular was dire. 

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 01, 2013, 01:42:17 PM

Alas the 2nd game was very poor stuff indeed. The second half in particular was dire.

Crosserlough could not get out of Intermediate so i don't think they have much business in Senior anyway.  They played nobody of note and got to a Semi Final.  Ballinagh are better than them but not a whole pile.

Gaels will win final handy enough.

rodney trotter

Whatever about Johnston not training with the Gaels? (He was injured for a while so couldn't train), he kicked some great scores last Sunday. Cavan don't have many natural inside players bar Dunne and I can see Johnston back on the panel next year if he continues in that type of form.

mylestheslasher

Injured my hole.

If he is back on the Cavan panel I for one would have a very hard time to go watch them play. There is no way back for that lad in my opinion and I can't think why any sane manager would take a risk of disrupting what is very clearly a happy camp by re-introducing a fella who was well known to be a problem in the camp and I don't care how good he is (btw - he is not half as good as many think he is, hence he cant even make a Kildare team that wouldnt score in a brothel). For what it is worth I dont think Terry Hyland has any inclination to bring him back.

Cavan should stick with the lads that did the business last year and add a few of the U21's from last year and anyone else showing a bit of form for their clubs.

rodney trotter

He didn't bomb Afganistan. If he is willing to work hard and play for the team he would be a good addition to the panel. But he might not be called back so who know's.  Barry McKiernan is worth a look, had a great season with Crosserlough.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 02, 2013, 05:17:05 PM
He didn't bomb Afganistan. If he is willing to work hard and play for the team he would be a good addition to the panel. But he might not be called back so who know's.  Barry McKiernan is worth a look, had a great season with Crosserlough.

Hopefully he wont be back, i think Hyland has more cop on than to bring him back anyway.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on October 02, 2013, 06:30:51 PM

Hopefully he wont be back, i think Hyland has more cop on than to bring him back anyway.

If a player is producing at Club level he would have to be considered like anyone else id say. Fermanagh took Gallagher back after he played with Cavan.

A good manager can deal with a disruptive player. Few others that impressed for me were Philip Tinnelly - Kingscourt,
Barry Doyle - Cornafean , Niall McKiernan - Lacken, Colin Lynch - Crosserlough, Tomas Reilly - Killeshandra

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 02, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

If a player is producing at Club level he would have to be considered like anyone else id say. Fermanagh took Gallagher back after he played with Cavan.

And then he walked out on them again.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on October 02, 2013, 08:21:19 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 02, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

And then he walked out on them again.

Along with about 10 other players. They wouldn't play under John O Neill. Gallagher played under Malachy O Rourke, left went O Neill was appointed.

Westside

For years you've been getting off with fairly dodge looking birds, in fact you've went home with a few real moonpigs. You did pull a bird once that looked like a real stunner when she was dolled up but she treated you like shit and eventually you grew a pair of balls and told her where to go, more in hope that she'd cop herself on and treat you better because she did claim to love you. She moved away and started scoring some gym monkey instead and pretended you didn't exist. In fact one night she was back in town and made a point of going into the bar you frequent and wearing the face of this guy in front of you.

So you get your shit together, you get some new clothes, get a hairdo, work on your chat up lines and suddenly find yourself with a really good looking bird, she's dead sound and there's none of the usual bullshit with her, she's not expecting you to do the chasing, the type of girl you've been looking for. You really think this could be going somewhere, you're hitting it off and you've been out on a few really good dates lately. The ex-stunner walks into the bar one night, still looks pretty well but you're now noticing just how much make she wears. Things didn't work out between her and the gym monkey, he realised when he had her that he didn't really want her, you know that's the only reason she's back in town. You know for a fact that your new girl severely dislikes her and if she see you going over to her it's going to piss her off, might even ruin your chances.

What would you do?

whats my name

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 02, 2013, 05:08:59 PM
Injured my hole.

If he is back on the Cavan panel I for one would have a very hard time to go watch them play. There is no way back for that lad in my opinion and I can't think why any sane manager would take a risk of disrupting what is very clearly a happy camp by re-introducing a fella who was well known to be a problem in the camp and I don't care how good he is (btw - he is not half as good as many think he is, hence he cant even make a Kildare team that wouldnt score in a brothel). For what it is worth I dont think Terry Hyland has any inclination to bring him back.

Cavan should stick with the lads that did the business last year and add a few of the U21's from last year and anyone else showing a bit of form for their clubs.
Well said Myles. look at mackey for example dropped the same time as jelly, he didn't think he was better then cavan an go looking for a transfer to another county he put his head down got is act together and worked hard and could be nominated for an all star this year for his efforts. why didn't jelly do the same instead he threw the toys out of the pram and took the huff no one player should think hes better then the county.