Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Gnevin on July 25, 2007, 08:58:08 AM
What does "I've admitted by spelling is cat" mean exactly?

Cats can spell? Allow me while I paws fur a minute to digest that. That's some tail altogether.

CC1

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 24, 2007, 11:41:01 AMAnyhow, reckon my old team Killeshandra will beat ye at the weekend. They are going very well this year and seem to be peaking at the right time. It will be a tight one though.
We'll just have to see this weekend, mts... ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Maximus Marillius

Looking at placing a bet on the Cavan club championship, I am considering Castlerahan, is it worth my while or am I throwing my money away?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on July 25, 2007, 12:59:33 PM
Looking at placing a bet on the Cavan club championship, I am considering Castlerahan, is it worth my while or am I throwing my money away?

Keep your money in your pocket. 

BallyhaiseMan

they are an outside bet Max,then again every team other than Mullahoran and the Gaels are,migth be worth a punt if you've money to lose,but i just cant see them winning it,They have a tought first round tie against the now Rory Gallagher less Crosserlough.

i dont think the senior championship is going anywhere except to Cavan Gaels im afraid,They are more focused this year it seems than any year i remember.Malachy O Rourke has done a good job there.

cavanmaniac

They're a half decent little team but judging by the U21 final last year, a team supplying alot of seniors judging by reports, they are too light and too fond of shortpassing so are easily bottled up by a physical team. They'll be better than most but no match for the big guns. Someone said the Gaels gave them a proper trimming recently. Hard to see the title ending up anywhere other than with the Gaels to be honest.

ExiledGael

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 25, 2007, 02:08:06 PM

they are an outside bet Max,then again every team other than Mullahoran and the Gaels are,migth be worth a punt if you've money to lose,but i just cant see them winning it,They have a tought first round tie against the now Rory Gallagher less Crosserlough.

i dont think the senior championship is going anywhere except to Cavan Gaels im afraid,They are more focused this year it seems than any year i remember.Malachy O Rourke has done a good job there.

Seems to be talk of him leaving for Fermanagh job?
Was he a success in Cavan?

lynchbhoy

was wondering when that would get out..

still , I believe he is eligible and willing to play for Cavan again next year.
IMO I didnt think he was really wanted or appreciated in Cavan.....

Homer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2007, 11:31:25 AM

was wondering when that would get out..

still , I believe he is eligible and willing to play for Cavan again next year.

It's been out a while Lynchbhoy,

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=53.msg122558#msg122558

And I'm 100% sure he isn't eligible to play with Cavan next year.

Hollow Man

Quotestill , I believe he is eligible and willing to play for Cavan again next year.

He's not eligible.

He wasn't "appreciated" - what a joke. He was useless, slowest forward I've seen this year and afraid to shoot when the pressure came on (in Croker v Ros for example, he was offloading 20 yards out instead of having a go).

Crosserlough are furious. He didn't train with them once and only turned up with his gear for three matches. Poor Rory, he wasn't appreciated.

Apparently he scored 1-12 in ten games for Cavan, about 1-3 of which came from play.

lynchbhoy

Havent heard much from the player himself, but as I was watching with interest, I just didnt see that he was accepted too readily - but thats human nature.

As for calling him fat and useless - well people are entitled to their opinions, but he has a proven track record in the ulster championship, and has proven himself in Dublin club league and championship - and its not as if Cavan have too many supreme scoring forwards in their ranks, or even players that would be better than Rory.

Obv in my opinion, but I cant apologise for thinking your opinion on this,  is old school bog warrior outsider hater type of stuff.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 20, 2007, 05:35:23 PM
one has to a the question why cavan entertained him at all? i suppose it had the potential to work out, but when any man plays for his own county's rivals and was training with cavan only a few miles from the fermanagh/cavan border you'd have to ask questions.

After a falling out with Fermanagh, th players want him back , but a couple of the current backroom staff refuse to allow him to return.
Gallagher and a large proportion of the squad want him to. My source is a brother of one of the Fermanager team stars.

Crosserlough were picked for him to join, it was known by the club when he joined that this was a marraige of convenience, a 'phantom' job was given (to get his transfer into Cavan) - he was never really going to feature much with the club, alsthough that the plan to transfer immediately back to St Brigids once Cavan were out was a not public knowledge beforehand.

However, and this wont surprise Cavan folk - donal keoghan is not exactly telling the truth.
He knew this was the plan when Gallagher signed up.

Thansk for the info homer - I can see why Gallagher is being critiscised, but its not all just him. The county board/cavan mgt agreed this before he joined Cavan from what I am being told.

cavan4ever

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2007, 12:47:12 PM

Thansk for the info homer - I can see why Gallagher is being critiscised, but its not all just him. The county board/cavan mgt agreed this before he joined Cavan from what I am being told.

He is  been critiscised because he was useless and didn't look interested when he was playing. He was afraid to go down on the ball and afraid to shoot.  I don't think anybody is too bothered that he is gone .

CC1

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2007, 12:35:49 PMand its not as if Cavan have too many supreme scoring forwards in their ranks, or even players that would be better than Rory.
I think many people would beg to differ with you on that. I could name at least 8 forwards in the county that are better than Rory at this moment in time.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

mylestheslasher

Have to agree with the Cavan posters. Gallagher showed us sweet FA in his time here. I was expecting a lot from a man with something to prove. Instead we got a player who showed no balls or fight or passion for one minute for Cavan. All he did this year was take the place of another Cavan man who might not have the same skill level but would certainly give 100% for Cavan. I won't miss him and Fermanagh aren't either.