Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comeysfield

Some turnaround Cavan with 4 Donegal 0 but I suppose they did have Sam for a year which has to be a wee bit of consolation

tommysmith

Can SJ play this week for the Gaels ?

anglocelt39

Quote from: tommysmith on September 07, 2013, 01:03:11 PM

Saw the Celt there today and they're talking about Nico Walsh being home on holidays this week and possibly togging out for the Gaels...................Maloney Derham was togged out for a recent game wasn't he away in USA for a while, would be a lad to push into the County panel possibly if he was around and committed.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: tommysmith on September 07, 2013, 01:03:11 PM

Is the draw made for the next round in Cavan SFC Yet?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Celt_Man

The Pairings were made last week...

Mullahoran v Cavan Gaels
Lacken or Killygarry v Ballinagh
Ramor v Castlerahan
Crosserlough v Lavey
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

rodney trotter

Castlerahan - Ramor has the makings of a good game on Sunday. Both teams play fluent football.

comeysfield

Castlerahan do a lot of things but in the Gaels game they were far from Fluent, very very defensive outfit. Will be interesting to see how Ramor setup against them. This is a great draw for the Gaels as it will see one of the contenders out at this stage

rodney trotter

Cavan Gaels will be worrying about getting past Mullahoran, rather than thinking about a potential big team being knocked out. Mullahoran will put up a better test then Kinsgscourt did last week. Very poor performance. Barry Reilly and Clarke were poor for County players.
Castlerahan were set up defensive against the Gaels but used Mackey and Oisin O Connell very well in the half forward line. Ramor would probably be more direcet but Casterahan are well capable of playing good football.

Westside

Sounds like Bboro v Cootehill was a shootout between Argue and Tom Hayes. Great to see our young county lads starring at club level.

mylestheslasher

I think most of Argues scores were from frees today. Hayes hit 2-4 I think and won the penalty for the other goal. I havent seen that much of Hayes apart from the  couple of minor championship games. He strikes me as having a big work rate but hitting scores like that suggest something more. What do the rest of ye think, has he the "x" factor to be a really top inter county forward?

Crosserlough beat Lavey by 3 and Lacken beat Killygarry in their replay after extra time. Ballyhaise currently putting poor Swad to the sword.

The senior championship finally looks to have some serious competition in it and surely 4/5 teams in it still have a decent chance to win it out. I will be very interested to see how Ramor v C'Rahan and Mullaghoran v Cavan Gaels go.

rodney trotter

5 out of Argues 6pts were free's yesterday. Hayes is a good footballer but still 18, better to see how he develops with the u21's.. Good potential all the same
  Lacken play Ballinagh next Saturday in the quarter finals in Mullahoran, Should be a good local darby.

tommysmith

Looks like Intermediate will be either Cootehill or Ballyhaise .

rodney trotter

Castlerahan got past Ramor by 4 bit of a shock but not much. Very stop start game, Maggie Farrelly blew the whistle a bit much I thought. Mackey had a great game yet again, Barkey was in his face for the most of the game but he didn't let it affect him. Ronan Flanagan and Cian McEnroe also had good games. McEnroe should be a key player next year with the u21's.

Arva were deserving winners earlier on today. Play a nice brand of football. Bouchier and Ellis were impressive along with Gavin Doyle at midfield. Barry Doyle and Cormac Ceoghan were best for Cornafean.
Shannon Gaels - Kill was a dire game (Strong wind being a big factor, wasn't as bad for second game). Sean Gaffney was probably the stand out player. Led the comeback in the second half and kicked a few great free's.

packiedevlin

Killeshandra v Drung was an awful game which wasn't helped by a terrible wind. Drung handled it much better and only for 2 monster frees from McKiernan, Killeshandra would have lost and deservedly so. Does anyone know why there was no extra time yesterday when in the senior championship last week between Lacken and Killygarry there was?

rodney trotter

Because the Lacken - Killygarry game wasn't a Quarter Final I'd imagine. It went to extra time on Saturday too. Had to speed it up with other teams already in the Quarter finals or having played the Quarter final game. Lacken have played 6 weeks in a row. Ballinagh game will be the 7th.