Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: CC1 on July 23, 2007, 05:44:15 PM
Tommy Lyons is one referee that has had a grudge against us for years, because of something that happened years and years ago between himself and one of the local "characters" to say the least. We have only won one game in the last ten years with him in charge (last year against Shannon Gaels). Should tell its own story...  :-\

Looking forward to the championship myself, Killeshandra at the weekend in BHM's back garden. Should be one of the ties of the weekend as there is history between alot of the younger lads on both sides. Both teams are packed full of u21's and that should make it a lively encounter. We lost by two points in New Inns with out our three main full forwards, Ollie Ward (ankle), Paddy McPhillips (rested) and Shane McPhillips (ribs). They are needed big time if we are to beat Killeshandra.

I just remembered a Tommy Lyons special. Throwing  the ball up between two players, missing them and hitting some guy standing behind. Anyhow, reckon my old team Killeshandra will beat ye at the weekend. They are going very well this year and seem to be peaking at the right time. It will be a tight one though.

BallyhaiseMan

From what im hearing Cullivan will be out for around 6 months  :(

Devastating news for the club and the young man himself.

cavan4ever

CROABH CHOMÓRTAS 2007

Thursday, 26th July 2007 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship
Cootehill V Redhills
Venue:  Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee:  Martin Brady - Ballinagh
Linesmen:  James Clarke & Martin Sexton

Friday, 27th July 2007 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship
Drumalee V Ramor
Venue:  Lavey
Referee:  Raymond Kelly

Ballinagh V Bailieboro
Venue:  Stradone
Referee:  Martin Sexton
Drung V Drumlane
Referee:  Oliver O'Reilly
Linesmen:  Felim O'Reilly & Margaret Farrelly

Hotel Kilmore Junior Championship
Arva V Maghera
Venue:  Ballymachugh
Referee:  Thomas Doonan
Butlersbridge V Mountnugent
Venue:  Killygarry
Referee:  Tony McDonald

Saturday, 28th July 2007 @ 7.30pm
Knockbride V Killygarry
Venue:  Ramor
Referee:  Seamus O'Connor

Ballymachugh V Lavey
Venue:  Crosserlough
Referee:  Gerry Sheridan

Shercock V Killeshandra
Venue: Ballyhaise
Referee:  Brian Seagrave
Munterconnacht V Templeport
Venue:  Lacken
Referee:  Mickey Lee

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 12.30pm
Lacken V Belturbet
Venue:  Cornafean
Referee:  Packie Smith
Linesmen:  Ollie Donohoe & Ronan Bannon 

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 2pm
Corlough V Cornafean
Venue:  Kildallon
Referee:  John Emmo

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 2.15pm
Mullahoran V Denn
Referee:  Jimmy Galligan - Killygarry
Linesmen:  Daniel Luby & Harry Conaty

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 3pm
Kingscourt V Cuchullains
Venue:  Bailieboro
Referee:  Darren Ward

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 3.45pm
Castlerahan V Crosserlough
Referee:  Brian Crowe
Linesmen:  Mickey Lee & Damien Brady

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 7.30pm
Gowna V Cavan Gaels
Referee:  Jimmy Galligan - Lacken
Linesmen:  Oliver Henry & Tony McDonald

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 3pm
Drumgoon V Kill
Venue:  Cootehill
Referee:  Kieran McGovern
Laragh V Killinkere
Venue:  Drumalee
Referee:  M.G. Brady

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 4pm
Ballyhaise V Swanlinbar
Venue:  Drumlane
Referee:  Martin Brady - Lacken

Sunday, 29th July 2007 @ 5pm
Kildallon V Shannon Gaels
Venue:  Templeport
Referee:  Michael Lyons

Suspensions:
Stephen Colwell, Ballyhaise, rest of the game 29/06/2007.
Tomas Rogers, Kingscourt, rest of the game 29/06/2007.
Joe Crowe, Lacken, rest of the game 22/06/2007.
Paddy McNamee, Cuchullains, 8 weeks effective from 22/06/2007.
Patrick Brady, Gowna, 4 weeks plus next game in competition effective from 08/07/2007.
Philip Yore, Maghera, 8 weeks effective from 29/06/2007.
Michael Shanaghey, Lacken 4 weeks plus next game in competition effective from 04/07/2007.

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 23, 2007, 04:28:49 PM
have you every came across such an absolute tool of a referee as him on Saturday night? an absolute loony.

As the last two pages of this thread shows BallyhaiseMan we come across them far too often. Our secretary takes stats at our matches just for reference after games and he counted us being pulled up 9 times for over-carrying after averaging 2-3 so far this season. I know a lot of the lads were watching the Dubs in the Leinster final but come on!

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 24, 2007, 11:53:22 AM

Bad news for Ballyhaise and Ray alright. I presume that injury occurred on the way into the tackle with McDermott rather than a result of it BhaiseMan? Also is this a re-occurrence of the injury earlier this year.

Damien McInerney strained his hamstring again moments after being introduced on Saturday and also looks set to miss the championship. On the other hand Gaynor and Niall O'Reilly were out last weekend due to dead legs and should be fit to play against Bailieboro. I believe Podge is also flying home on Thursday night and he may yet play some part in the tie.

I see we have Martin Sexton refereeing on Friday night. Don't know much about him, anybody know what he's like?

BallyhaiseMan

Yes Homer
he shipped two tackles and got caught at a very bad angle when the third tackle in quick sucession hit.

Its a much worse injury than the one earlier in the year.

Dont think you will have any problems with Baileborough,They are facing likely relegation to Division 3.

shotstopper1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 24, 2007, 11:53:22 AM

Cullivan's initially injured his knee playing for DCU and then aggravated it again in the Ballyhaise v Denn game.Seems he never got it looked at properly.On Sat evening he hurted the knee after climbing on McDermotts (I think,maybe T Smiths) back to catch a ball,his studs got caught in the jersey and he landed awkwardly.He should've went off then,but instead stayed on only to suffer further damage in the tackle with McDermott.Heard that the father was was supposed to bring him to the hospital after the game but didn't, and then he had to go in later that night as the pain was severe.As footbalmad said unfortunately looks like he could be heading the John Tierney way, a great pity indeed.

cavanmaniac

**Groans**

Not another one for the scrapheap, surely? It seems that all half decent youngsters in Cavan either get injured, get burned out through overuse or if they come through the early portion of the careers unscathed against the odds, simply don't have the commitment.

I'm full of the joys today. ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on July 23, 2007, 04:33:30 PM
Oliver Og Reilly is the worst. most ignorant ref I have ever come across.

reffed us in a league match against Shercock a couple of yearts ago, I jogged past and asked him "what's the score", to which he growled

"Are ya blind? Can ya not see the fukin score board". I mean that's a joke. He destroyed that match, giving us everything early on (we went seven or eigth up) and then doing the opposite at the end, including giving a last minute free for a lift ball by Adrian Fitz which was about a foot off the ground! Of corse, Jody Clakre tapped over the equaliser

If he was just ignorant it wouldn't be as bad (like Pappy "Shut your fuckin mouth" Woods!), but he's a terrible, vindictive excuse for a ref.

See he reffed a couple of games in the Ulster MFC this year - times are bad, that's for sure...
Yearts= Years?
eigth= eight ?
corse = course?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Gnevin on July 25, 2007, 08:49:39 AM
Yearts= Years?
eigth= eight ?
corse = course?

Whats your problem?

Gnevin

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 25, 2007, 08:54:34 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 25, 2007, 08:49:39 AM
Yearts= Years?
eigth= eight ?
corse = course?

Whats your problem?
Bottom brick has found it very useful to point out my spelling errors I'm just returning the favour.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cavan4ever

The pair of use should go back to school and learn your spellings then.

Gnevin

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 25, 2007, 08:58:08 AM
Jesus their is a lot of Muppets on high horses from cavan , at least I've admitted by spelling is cat.
:o

cavan4ever

CavanCola

Quote from: Gnevin on July 25, 2007, 09:00:15 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 25, 2007, 08:58:08 AM
Jesus their is a lot of Muppets on high horses from cavan , at least I've admitted by spelling is cat.
:o

What does "I've admitted by spelling is cat" mean exactly?
I think you need some grammar lessons as well.

Your on the Caaavan message thread now, so ya are. We'll educate ya.  ;D

mylestheslasher

Gnevin is a hero member, 1300+ posts. One hint, you might consider changing your signature to "Quantity over Quality". Seriously Cavan lads, lets not entertain these two clowns anymore and stick to talking about Cavan GAA matters.