Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

It was an expensive trip for him.

rodney trotter

Arva beating Kildallan 1-12 to 1-8 in jfc.. Shercock beat Drung earlier 1.13 to 1.8 in intermediate.
Ramor - Drumgoon this evening. Conor Moynagh out for the rest of the year, rushed back to early from his latest injury. Co U21's would need him fully fit next year,

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2013, 03:38:16 PM
Arva beating Kildallan 1-12 to 1-8 in jfc.. Shercock beat Drung earlier 1.13 to 1.8 in intermediate.
Ramor - Drumgoon this evening. Conor Moynagh out for the rest of the year, rushed back to early from his latest injury. Co U21's would need him fully fit next year,

He does be under serious pressure from Drumgoon management to play its not fair on the lad.

Westside

Well for Moynagh's sake I'd rather see him miss out now than miss his last year at U21 when he will probably captain the side and they will have high hopes of defending their crown.

As for Gilsenan, I wouldn't mind it too much. He had just played an U21 Campaign and I wouldn't think it's as important fitness wise when he's the keeper. I'm sure with O'Meara in the wings the management wouldn't be long dropping him if they thought he was taking the piss.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on August 11, 2013, 04:02:21 PM
Well for Moynagh's sake I'd rather see him miss out now than miss his last year at U21 when he will probably captain the side and they will have high hopes of defending their crown.

As for Gilsenan, I wouldn't mind it too much. He had just played an U21 Campaign and I wouldn't think it's as important fitness wise when he's the keeper. I'm sure with O'Meara in the wings the management wouldn't be long dropping him if they thought he was taking the piss.

So it should have been ok for another keeper not go on a bonding weekend( was it even a weekend i think they went on a thursday) as he had to go to work.

rodney trotter

They went Thursday & Friday as there was club games at the weekend. They would have known about the trip a while in advance asaik .. With the extra amount of club games this year, and Co Players excluded from 6 games, they couldn't afford to be missing another round of Club fixtures by going at the weekend.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2013, 04:42:52 PM
They went Thursday & Friday as there was club games at the weekend. They would have known about the trip a while in advance asaik .. With the extra amount of club games this year, and Co Players excluded from 6 games, they couldn't afford to be missing another round of Club fixtures by going at the weekend.

How is this relevant Rodney?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on August 11, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

Because your banging on about James Reilly having work, when there was other players working too, who took the time off.  It wasn't like they were told the day before.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 11, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

Because your banging on about James Reilly having work, when there was other players working too, who took the time off.  It wasn't like they were told the day before.

Not everyone can get time off work especially one they had just started.

It looks like the GAA intercounty scene is just suited to students and the unemployed/9-5 workers at this stage.

rodney trotter

Suppose they wanted players who were able for full commitment at training and also to go on bonding tours. Reilly was unfortunate in his line of work having longer hours. But that's the way it is. 

tommysmith

The big problem we have now is what these lads are going to do when they finish college.

Anyone heading into Ramor and Drumgoon later?

tommysmith

Ok anglocelt39 i tried to sort this out by PM but you insist on not using the PM and want me to say what i have to say here.

Quotego away now Tommy its enough to be reading your posts on the main thread. If you want to have personal debates with me do it on there, you have no trouble having personal conversations with Rodney on the main board sure maybe I can accommodate you as well, if you wish.

Why do you insist on following me around the GAABOARD.com?. 

Do you have some sort of obsession with me, do you want me to send you a few underwear pictures?

Some examples

QuoteAnyone observing the Cavan thread will be used to a lot of stuff which Tommy "knows" about team selections, injuries  and player departures to the USA which tend to be proved nonsensical with the passage of time, probably best to treat anything he posts with a lot of scepticism at the very least.

QuoteTommy, just a few ideas:

it's about five years now since Bebo went out of business, time to get over it.

QuoteEver think of taking a touch typing course since you don't seem capable of posting more than 10 words at a time. God knows you might be actually be able to do something useful like post a match report.

Remind me again about those lads on the county panel that were heading stateside the week after the Armagh game, my heads wrecked on that one.

QuoteNothing unusual for you Tommy. Are you trying to set a record for the number of times you make a tit of yourself in one day ::)

QuoteNot sure until I get the inside story from yourself Tommy ;D

QuoteGlad to do that Tommy when you fill me in on the few lads who were heading stateside after the Armagh match. ;)

QuoteThankfully we can ignore most of what you post given the nonsense you have posted about Tommy Corr, Turloch Mooney and Terry Hyland over the last few weeks.

QuoteTommy didn't someone once suggest on here that you were Miley's lovechild?? Might have been related to a few things including your pointed reluctance to disclose your club affiliations. Anyway I'm sure we all look forward to this new thread you will eventually start to disclose the startling inside facts about Cavan GAA's inner workings.

Gowan da blues.

QuoteIs that the same bloke who knew that Mossy Corr was heading stateside?

Now i don't bother usually bother wasting my time with this poster as from what i can make out he does not go to either club or county games but i have decided to call him out to explain his obsession with me as its getting quiet boring at this stage.

tommysmith

Despite not wanting to discuss things on PM he has just sent me one  :o

Waiting for the 1000 word essay now in reply.

anglocelt39

thats some effort in fairness Tommy, a bit more work gone into it than some of your copy and paste jobs from earlier this week
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

So you are not going to explain the obsession.

That's fine please go away and leave me alone.