Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Tommy stuck up a picture of same lads pissing in a garden and wanted to know who the "scumbags" were. He has since took it down. What the f**k is wrong with you today Tommy, are you still on the sauce or something?

BallyhaiseMan

Lads,what the f**k are ye on about with those last few posts? Without knowing any details,it looks like a dodgy topic of conversation.
The criticism on Givney is a bit unfair in my opinion, He hasn't had what you would call a dominant game this year at centre field and has made mistakes ,but he has been  a very good contributor in every game with a couple of points,lots of good passes and a few great catches in the middle.
Personally if Gearoid comes back and is 100% and Michael Argue keeps progressing as we think he can,i would love to see Givney put in the full forward line alongside Keating( our version of the twin towers),launch her in and let Dunne play off them. If we are in trouble at centre field,he can always come out and give us another option.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on August 05, 2013, 09:25:45 PM
Tommy stuck up a picture of same lads pissing in a garden and wanted to know who the "scumbags" were. He has since took it down. What the f**k is wrong with you today Tommy, are you still on the sauce or something?

But its ok it was his own house, lucky the bus he was on stopped outside it to let him and his mates have a piss.

On is since Friday lad, work tomorrow  :o

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on August 05, 2013, 09:29:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 05, 2013, 09:25:45 PM

On is since Friday lad, work tomorrow  :o

F**k sake lad, championship is more than likely one week away for all clubs and you're on a 4 day bender.  ;D

CC1

Tommy, you are completely out of order. I know David from football and met him outside of it too and he's a great lad, hard working and totally dedicated to playing football for Cavan. He has always conducted himself well and how he celebrates victory is absolutely none of your concern.

Keep your classless, intrusive opinions to yourself the next time around. Your post was straight from the gutter.

As for everybody criticising him, have a word with yourselves and sort out your memory loss. He has been excellent this year and if you have a look at his performance against Armagh for example you see why he is so important to Cavan. He created half of Cavans scores that day.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on August 05, 2013, 09:34:07 PM
Tommy, you are completely out of order. I know David from football and met him outside of it too and he's a great lad, hard working and totally dedicated to playing football for Cavan. He has always conducted himself well and how he celebrates victory is absolutely none of your concern.

What have i done wrong, and where did i say anything about how he celebrates victory?

CC1

Quote from: tommysmith on August 05, 2013, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: CC1 on August 05, 2013, 09:34:07 PM

What have i done wrong, and where did i say anything about how he celebrates victory?
You shouldn't need me to tell you.

tommysmith

rodney trotter

I don't think the criticism of David Givney's football ability was over the top tbh, I'd rate him highly. He has had a good championship, just maybe didn't see more of him. Its a discussion board after all, if we were all agreeing with each other it would be boring.

CC1

Quote from: tommysmith on August 05, 2013, 04:00:36 PM
Please do
Less posing and trying to look good and concentrate on the game would help also.
You attacked the man and not the ball by having a go at his physical appearance rather than what we are here to talk about... Football.

We are talking about amateur sports people here, and I do not welcome gutter posts like the one I've quoted above.

Itchy

I think Givney has the ability and potential to be one of Ireland's best midfielders. I also think someone coming on here and saying he concentrates on looking good instead if in his football is insulting and totally over the top. A poster of him celebrating a win was given as an example.

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on August 05, 2013, 09:51:54 PM
Please do
Less posing and trying to look good and concentrate on the game would help also.
You attacked the man and not the ball by having a go at his physical appearance rather than what we are here to talk about... Football.

We are talking about amateur sports people here, and I do not welcome gutter posts like the one I've quoted above.

Would you cop yourself on i said that as bait so i could post the picture of him and of course the bait was took.  As i have said earlier it was a bit of craic lad.

tommysmith

And we had already moved on to the next issue from yesterday and it has also been dealt with.

Please keep up lads.

CC1

Quote from: tommysmith on August 05, 2013, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: CC1 on August 05, 2013, 09:51:54 PM
Please do

Would you cop yourself on i said that as bait so i could post the picture of him and of course the bait was took.  As i have said earlier it was a bit of craic lad.
I don't care what you think it is. To me, that kind of carry on, on a public forum is unacceptable. Especially as the lad isn't present (at least I don't think he is) to defend himself and throw "the banter" back.

tommysmith

Is it ok to call you butter fingers?