Corr
Givney
F Flanagan
McDermott
Gunner/Mcvitty
Dunne
Keating
Mackey

Obviously not lining out like this. Dunne & Keating left up front. McDermott link man. Everyone else deep. Extra defender so jack & m Reilly miss out.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
Well I think it will be this...
O Mara
Mcloughlin
Dunne
K Clarke
R Flanagan
A Clarke
D Reilly
Corr
Givney
F Flanagan
McDermott
Gunner/Mcvitty
Dunne
Keating
Mackey

Obviously not lining out like this. Dunne & Keating left up front. McDermott link man. Everyone else deep. Extra defender so jack & m Reilly miss out.

I would hope if it was like that it would be McVitty as he would give a bit of cut on counter attacks.

rodney trotter

They have a good midfield in Johnny Buckley and Anthony Maher, faded out a bit against Cork - when they probably felt the game was won. They are not in the older age bracket like some of the other Kerry players, and whatever chance Cavan have, they need to be doing well at midfield.. Galvin is a great player to win breaks too.

Itchy

Actually where I put "gunner/mcvitty" I should have put McEnroe, assuming he is fit (he looked wrecked the last day). We've good options on the bench then. Second thoughts maybe I'm being too defensive!

Westside

This game is being built up to such a massive occasion..

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0108131541-cavan-v-kerry-a-journey-of-hope/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Brilliant piece hear, getting all emotional!

Terry's biggest challenge for Sunday might not be how to approach Kerry's 15 players but how to get our lads to play the game and not the occasion.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on August 01, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
This game is being built up to such a massive occasion..

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0108131541-cavan-v-kerry-a-journey-of-hope/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Brilliant piece hear, getting all emotional!

Terry's biggest challenge for Sunday might not be how to approach Kerry's 15 players but how to get our lads to play the game and not the occasion.

Superb piece there. Its sad to think how such a legend like John Joe O Reilly died at only 34. Of course PJ Duke died in 1950 too only aged 25 and in his prime. Tragedy was never far from that team, if i recall correctly parallels were drawn between them and the grief in Tyrone when Cormac McAnallen sadly died. We should never forget the great men who went before and served Cavan so well.

Now, I am getting worried about the hype. It appears Cavan people have gone clean mad. There are Youtube collages, songs etc. I know it is great that all these people are coming back out supporting the team for the first time since 97 (sneaky dig delivered) but it bound to get to the players if this keeps up. Kerry have done it all before and you can be sure no one is batting an eyelid about this match in the Kingdom.

In the piece above it is interesting to read what mcHugh said about the 97 team and how he knew the occasion was too big for some of them. The hype is now like an out of control juggernaut and it will build to a finale Sunday at 2pm, I hope all our lads are as ready for it as they can be.

rodney trotter

Kerry will blow Cavan away like they did to Cork in the first half, if the players aren't 100% tuned and more happy to be playing in a huge occasion. It's just another game for them, and they will be eager to get Sam back, a flukey Donegal goal from a side line ball was the difference last year in the Quarter Final. Kerry also lost Declan O Sullivan and Cooper in that game through injury.

Westside

I thought that was a funny statement from McHugh.. Standing on the sideline before the game even began, and already McHugh thought the occasion was too big?! We were leading at half time for God's sake. He's gone on to ruin the appreciation Cavan folk have had for him..

Things have gone mad but would you have it any other way?... This is who we are and that won't change. Better this than be like Cork with a few hundred supporters at a big game in Croke Park.

rodney trotter

There is nothing wrong with hype from Fans. How players react to it on the pitch is what matters.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on August 01, 2013, 08:58:06 PM
I thought that was a funny statement from McHugh.. Standing on the sideline before the game even began, and already McHugh thought the occasion was too big?! We were leading at half time for God's sake. He's gone on to ruin the appreciation Cavan folk have had for him..

Things have gone mad but would you have it any other way?... This is who we are and that won't change. Better this than be like Cork with a few hundred supporters at a big game in Croke Park.

I think McHugh is talking in hindsight to be fair. I remember the game pretty well and one thing I took from it on the day was all the unforced mistakes we made with hand passes and the short game we played. Nerves were a huge issue that day so I suppose the occasion did get to some.

Would I have the current thing any other way, well yes I agree it is good to have interest in Cavan GAA again but I think it has gone over the top completely and could do with being toned down. I'm not sure what the "this is who we are remark means". There is a real possibility that this stuff could get to the players and that's what I am afraid off.

Westside

When I say this is who we are I mean that football is a huge in Cavan and any time we get to an All Ireland Quarter Final it's going to be a huge deal, it won't tone down so we should just enjoy the ride and hope the players can have their heads right on the day.

Any sign of a team?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on August 01, 2013, 09:29:56 PM
When I say this is who we are I mean that football is a huge in Cavan and any time we get to an All Ireland Quarter Final it's going to be a huge deal, it won't tone down so we should just enjoy the ride and hope the players can have their heads right on the day.

Any sign of a team?

I find it hard to enjoy, I'm too frigging nervous myself. The only enjoyment I get from football is between when the final whistle is blown on a win and before the draw for the next round is made! I should take up something less stressful.

I keep swaying my opinion on this match, one minute I think Kerry will hammer us the next I am asking myself what the hell have kerry done this year that makes them so bloody great. At the moment I give us a decent chance but the game will have to pan out in a certain way, mainly us not letting them get a run on us. Getting that ball in our hands early on whether from short kick outs or whatever is critical.

No team yet to the best of my knowledge. I'd say what is named will start as Terry is straight that way and has only changed teams from the listing when there are injuries involved.

Anyone know is barry reilly still with the wider panel?