Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Niall McDermott hard done by IMO. If Jack Brady's performances were judged objectively and he wasn't Jack Brady I don't think he'd be starting tomorrow ahead of McDermott if he's fit.

Buzzing for tomorrow cannot wait.

Itchy

McDermott is still carrying a knock, no point risking him.

BigMac

I was just wondering when the last time a Cavan senior mens team won a game in Croke Park? I know we lost a league final there in I think 2007, and lost to Kerry in 1997, so when did we last win there?

Itchy

2007 was a semi final. Someone said grounds tournament in the 80's, before my time

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2013, 12:14:01 AM
Niall McDermott hard done by IMO. If Jack Brady's performances were judged objectively and he wasn't Jack Brady I don't think he'd be starting tomorrow ahead of McDermott if he's fit.

Buzzing for tomorrow cannot wait.

McDermott got a hard knock against Fermanagh was taken off , wasn't togged out against Derry. Don't see what the problem is there.

Westside

He was concussed so I assumed that's why he missed out against Derry. I'm just saying that if he's fit he deserves to be starting, in my opinion. No harm to Jack, fantastic footballer but he hasn't been at his best.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Itchy on July 27, 2013, 09:53:33 AM
2007 was a semi final. Someone said grounds tournament in the 80's, before my time

Sad to say it but I reckon the last time Cavan won a championship game in Croker was the 1952 All Ireland Replay when Mick Higgins kicked a rake of points against Meath. Continuing the ancient history lesson Cavan/Down contested 8 Ulster Finals between about 1958 and 1969 winning 4 each. Down took three All Irelands from that we didn't make a single All Ireland Final. Grounds tournament dates back to the 1960's and it's even sadder to say that I can sort of remember bits of that. Four All Ireland Semi finalists played each other in differing draw from All Ireland Series I think, semi final and final.

More importantly best of luck to all today and hope we can dig out the result. We are totally in bonus territory after last Saturday so lets enjoy the rest of the journey.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2013, 10:58:00 AM
He was concussed so I assumed that's why he missed out against Derry. I'm just saying that if he's fit he deserves to be starting, in my opinion. No harm to Jack, fantastic footballer but he hasn't been at his best.

He seems to be afraid to shoot.

Westside

Quote from: tommysmith on July 27, 2013, 11:03:50 PM

Seems to be a symptom of our half forward line. Even Martin Reilly coming off the back of an excellent shooting display didn't seem keen to have a go. Flanagan too.

Keating is a great ball winner but once again, a very poor shooting display. I thought Ronan Flanagan's passing today was fantastic.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2013, 11:09:31 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on July 27, 2013, 11:03:50 PM

Seems to be a symptom of our half forward line. Even Martin Reilly coming off the back of an excellent shooting display didn't seem keen to have a go. Flanagan too.

Keating is a great ball winner but once again, a very poor shooting display. I thought Ronan Flanagan's passing today was fantastic.
Flanagan kicked two points i don't think Jack even had a attempt. Was disappointed with Martin Reilly.

Westside

I meant Ronan Flanagan, don't think he scored at all?

I think the game felt the absence of London support.. We will hopefully match or outnumber Kerry support next Sunday and Donegal and Mayo will bring big crowds too. Let's hope we're still in the game by the time they arrive!

Swadman

Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2013, 11:28:38 PM
... We will hopefully match or outnumber Kerry support next Sunday and Donegal and Mayo will bring big crowds too. Let's hope we're still in the game by the time they arrive!

Ahh Cheer up lads, its only Kerry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNeemPlgUg

tommysmith

I would be fearful enough of what might happen next Sunday.

Whats the feeling with you guys?

Denn Forever

As if you needed to attend Croke Park next Sunday.

August 4th Cavan v Kerry 2-00pm TV3    Mayo v Donegal 4-00pm TV3

Tough assignment but at least we are there. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Nothing beats being there, would rather see them play even if they take a hiding, then watch it on Tv3. Great for fans who can't make the match to watch it live.

No pressure on Cavan as the bookies aren't giving us a hope or the media. Hopefully they can give a good account of themselves whatever happens..