Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Yeh gibney made a huge catch , I think he was only back on the field about 10 seconds so hopefully his injury is not too bad. I think Cavan used everyone on the bench bar the sub keeper (farrelly I think). Brilliant win and what a chance to make the last 8.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on July 21, 2013, 08:29:15 AM
Yeh gibney made a huge catch , I think he was only back on the field about 10 seconds so hopefully his injury is not too bad. I think Cavan used everyone on the bench bar the sub keeper (farrelly I think). Brilliant win and what a chance to make the last 8.

I heard it was a lad from Gowna,  David Hyland?

Itchy

Maybe, I was guessing really as I couldn't get a close look. Good call on Argue Tommy :)

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on July 21, 2013, 08:47:02 AM
Maybe, I was guessing really as I couldn't get a close look. Good call on Argue Tommy :)

I has just heard he was training with them, he made a big difference when he came on.

Itchy

He is some size. Not often you see a lad jump up at throw in and catch ball clean a foot above everyone. I thought McKeever was excellent too. Has he been injured or what is the story? Hyland was clever bringing in a few older heads in extra time when it was in the melting pot. I think management has been very good this year.

tommysmith

It was good to see all the lads that came on have an impact i though McVitty was outstanding and looked so comfortable out there he wasn't fazed one bit.   

Itchy

Exactly, mcvitty has the head of an experienced player. He can be a huge player for us.

tommysmith

Another thing that was very important yesterday was the Cavan Support i haven't seen anything like that at a Cavan Senior game in a long time. The numbers may not have been that big but everyone there really got behind the lads.

Itchy

More Cavan than Derry I thought. There was an incredible atmosphere. I thought it was gone but what a score by Damian Reilly to pull it level.

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on July 21, 2013, 09:01:05 AM
He is some size. Not often you see a lad jump up at throw in and catch ball clean a foot above everyone. I thought McKeever was excellent too. Has he been injured or what is the story? Hyland was clever bringing in a few older heads in extra time when it was in the melting pot. I think management has been very good this year.

Was McKeever not the only old head that came on?

I was shocked to see Argue coming on but delighted to hear he did well. And fair play to McVeety, couldn't nail down a starting place on the 2011 Minor team and 2 years later he has been a key player on an Ulster winning U21 panel and is playing towards the business end of the back door.

The bandwagon will start about rightly now lads! I expect a massive crowd at the London/Mayo game next weekend.

tommysmith

I wonder where the game will be in don't think it will be any further than 1.5 hours from Cavan and wont be in Croker on Saturday anyway.  Clones or Mullingar>?

Edit : i wouldn't even rule out it been in the Park if London/Mayo agree to it the GAA will want to play this where they will get the biggest gate.

rodney trotter

Brilliant win and performance. Mckeever was very hungry when he came on and obviously keen to make a statement. It was looking bad losing Givney, and then Mackey and Dunne went off. But Cavan showed great spirit and didn't give up. Were easily the better team in extra time.

McVeety has been playing great stuff for Crosserlough this year and last year, and its no surprise that he has been drafted into the Senior panel. Outstanding with the u21's earlier in the year.

Navan is where it should be played, suit London coming from Dublin Airport. ???

tommysmith

Possibly in Navan but with Meath playing in Croke Park on saturday it would have to be Sunday.

Westside

I thought maybe Longford or Mullingar myself? I assume there's no chance they'd have a 3 O'Clock throw in on Saturday in Croker with two more games on after that..

Really hope the Sunday game give us a decent slot tonight. It was sickening that there were lads in New York and Australia watching the game live and those of us in Ireland who couldn't make it had no way of watching!

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on July 21, 2013, 09:51:30 AM
I thought maybe Longford or Mullingar myself? I assume there's no chance they'd have a 3 O'Clock throw in on Saturday in Croker with two more games on after that..

Really hope the Sunday game give us a decent slot tonight. It was sickening that there were lads in New York and Australia watching the game live and those of us in Ireland who couldn't make it had no way of watching!

If it was on tv somewhere the chances are that there was a live stream available.