Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Hopefully we will know how to "play" the Ref, what he punishes, lets go etc. and play accordingly. 

But I'm a bit put out by how we are honing our excuses already. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Anyone going to the Junior game in Longford tonight?

I didn't even know it was on until i seen the Celt.

I wont be going to tonight as i didn't get to the last game and Itchy would be giving out if i turned up  :P

rodney trotter

Butsy Caroll was called up yesterday , with Mooney off the panel and Ross Sheridan injured. God knows how he will play if selected, after being on a bender yesterday.

Game is at 7.30 pearse park.

scoopmine

Mooney seems to be starting according to the team lineouts. Maybe all that talk about him dropping off was all talk.

tommysmith

Quote from: scoopmine on June 12, 2013, 07:18:06 PM
Mooney seems to be starting according to the team lineouts. Maybe all that talk about him dropping off was all talk.

Hopefully

Itchy

Hard luck to the juniors tonight, put up a good fight and nearly sneaked a goal at the end. Given the senior match is at the weekend it was a big ask to win this one too.

Itchy

Any good that doesn't go to the game wants a kick up the hole...

Cavan County Board have made an appeal to their supporters not to stay away from Brewster Park because of any traffic restrictions that are in place due to the G8 summit
Cavan PRO Declan Woods said the only inconvenience that the travelling fans will experience is having to leave an hour earlier than usual.
With nearly 7,000 car parking spaces designated around the town, the majority of which are within a 15-minute walk of Brewster Park, Woods said Cavan supporters won't be too badly discommoded by restrictions.
"Our players are capable of great sacrifices, so we would hope that our supporters would make an extra one on this occasion. We'd like our supporters to set off an hour earlier than usual and follow the guidelines around Enniskillen," said Woods.
Security restrictions are in place because of the G8 summit, which takes place at the nearby Lough Erne resort on Monday and Tuesday next week.
Some roads are closed and others have restricted access, but a plan has been devised to filter cars from specific clubs to designated car parks.
ARRANGEMENTS

Cavan officials visited Enniskillen on Monday to meet with Fermanagh counterparts, the PSNI and Fermanagh District Council, and they are happy with the arrangements.
Breffni manager Terry Hyland has already expressed fears that the travelling support will be limited because of what he feels has been "misinformation."
Hyland's sense of the situation was that talk of road closures, long walks to the ground and a potential communications black-out has been in circulation without the proper clarity and this could drive supporters to watch the match on TV instead.
Cavan report no injury worries since their surprise victory over Armagh in the Ulster SFC preliminary round.

cavanmaniac

Predictable attempts to claw back the growing perception that Enniskillen will be a sh!t show on Sunday.

Whether it actually turns out like this or not is irrelevant, the organisers, with any semblance of cop-on at all, should have been able to foretell that people would have these concerns. Who wouldn't? It would have been only sensible to have  taken the guess work out of it altogether and moved the match as soon as possible, but here we are. Poor planning and management all round if you ask me.

I guess a kick in the moneybag will put them wise for similar situations in the future.

tommysmith

Myself and 3 others go to games together, as of last night the other 3 are not going. I'm undecided what to do myself, I haven't been talking to anyone that is going.

Personally i think there will be no bother getting in as i don't there will be many going to it.

mylestheslasher

I drove through Enniskillen yesterday from Belfast heading to Sligo, no bother at all. Might be too much being made of all this. People should just go to the game, what do they think is going to happen to them - a strip search?

Fermanagh Co board should have park and ride systems set up to help the elderly etc and although I have heard something about that the detail is sketchy. If they made some clear announcements as to what is going to happen maybe that would be a help.

Westside

I like the Anglo Celt Podcasts, but that Damian Donohoe fella comes out with some dung at times. When talking about the worry that if Keating was bottled up our chances would be hindered he said "Most of Dunne's scores came from Keatings passes".. 2 I think?!

Itchy

Paul Fitzpatrick's piece in the Celt will make s great poster on the Fermanagh dressing room wall.

mylestheslasher

OK Girls, here is the deal on Enniskillen. I was up there today, drove through from Blacklion all the way up to Belfast. There was one Garda checkpoint at Blacklion, asked for my destination and waved me on. Nothing more up to Enniskillen. In Enniskillen there is a heavy presence of police, lots of cops walking around and loads of armoured jeeps but no check points. There was a big checkpoint about 2 miles north of Enniskillen, PSNI there were looking for destination and licence and wanted to know that I owned the car. All in all I didnt get held up anything at all.

It won't be any different tomorrow morning so although we all may have genuine excuses for not going tomorrow, the G8 isnt one of them. Come on to f**k lads and get to the match!

Denn Forever

Well done Cavan.  Weren't over awed and kept the head.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...