Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

And you would know even more  :-*

anglocelt39

The amount of bitching going on here would give the Rose of Tralee contestants dressing room a run for it's money ::)

Progress continues anyway at all levels which is a great credit to a lot of hard working people. I think the Leinster Junior thing has been positive in bringing lads through, bringing injured lads back and keeping lads involved in general and we should have a good panel to pick from again this year. I really hope that they might use it to put it up to a few blokes who have been involved in senior panels in the past and might have a bit to offer again next year if they can make the committment. There are any number of blokes around the place, Dermot Sheridan and Ray Cullivan are just two names that spring to mind.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 25, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

More then you pal, ??? fellow club man after all, Which club are you from again?

Itchy

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 25, 2013, 12:31:48 PM
The amount of bitching going on here would give the Rose of Tralee contestants dressing room a run for it's money ::)

Progress continues anyway at all levels which is a great credit to a lot of hard working people. I think the Leinster Junior thing has been positive in bringing lads through, bringing injured lads back and keeping lads involved in general and we should have a good panel to pick from again this year. I really hope that they might use it to put it up to a few blokes who have been involved in senior panels in the past and might have a bit to offer again next year if they can make the committment. There are any number of blokes around the place, Dermot Sheridan and Ray Cullivan are just two names that spring to mind.

Think that is a good idea. Some talented players have been got rid off (probably coz they lacked in commitment). Get them involved in the junior championship and mix them up with some of u21s from the last fee years that didn't make this years panel. It would be great to see Lyng, Jaws from ballinagh, Martin Cahill and some others in blue again.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 25, 2013, 12:47:50 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on May 25, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

More then you pal, ??? fellow club man after all, Which club are you from again?

Well i would no more than to start yapping about keoghan when lads are talking about Gary Donohoe.

My position would be compromised if i said my club with my work with county board.

anglocelt39

Dane o Dowd, Gavin Duffy, McInerney and Podge from the Nagh, Anton Reilly, there's any amount of fellas that were tried out and no longer involved. Probably safe to say most have had their day but if we were to get even two extra to come into the National League Panel next year it would be a bit more progress. Theres a few lads from the various Under 21 Panels that will be lost due to the economic situation if it keeps up the way it has been. Ross Sheridan from Killygarry is another lad that deserves a bit of attention. Would draw the line at the other Nagh bloke you mentioned.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Itchy

Is there no hope jaws might learn, finally, to control himself given the nation wide attention he is getting for this biting incident. Maybe use the junior team as his very last chance. Its a shame such a talented footballer wasted his talent.

BallyhaiseMan

Nevermind "Jaws", Anton Reily is the one whom i would most be interested in seeing brought back in,When he was trialed in the McKenna cup,it was always as a half forward,He is a natural midfielder,and has perhaps been the best performing midfielder in the Senior grade over the last year and a half. Anytime i have seen him,, he has been outstanding.
He is still only 26/27,so he has plenty to offer.

rodney trotter

Agree with Bhm, Anton Reilly is a very good player, Brilliant fielder and can kick a score. he is 27. Would have been on the same Minor u21 team as Alan Clarke.

wouldn't have "jaws" near the team. He hasn't played since that incident. He is not near the player he was either

Podge can't play Junior, played Senior last year

Itchy

Are the Celt blogging the minor match tomorrow?

rodney trotter

Interview with Alan O'Mara in todays Indo speaking about him dealing with depression. Fair play to him, first I knew about it http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cavan-ace-speaks-out-on-battle-with-depression-29297291.html

Westside

Congrats to the Minors for grinding out a 1 point victory v Fermanagh. I didn't make the game but sounds like Ben Kiernan and Tom Hayes played well for Cavan. Monaghan hammered Antrim in the other QF racking up 4-20. They hammered us in Breffni in the League to so that will be a huge challenge for Gary and the lads. Win that and you're guaranteed 2 more games and a place in the AIQF at the very least.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 26, 2013, 11:31:17 AM
Interview with Alan O'Mara in todays Indo speaking about him dealing with depression. Fair play to him, first I knew about it http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cavan-ace-speaks-out-on-battle-with-depression-29297291.html

Whats on the indo website is just a summary, the whole article is on www.gaa.ie.
I don't know whether Alan would ever take a peak in here but if he does I would just like to say that it is an inspirational thing he has done today and is just as seismic as Donal Og Cusacks coming out. It shows that depression strikes everywhere and anywhere regardless of class, creed or class (or sport).
I would also like to say that I, and I am sure all Cavan supporters, are very proud of what Alan and the more recent u21 teams have done. They have brought happiness back to the supporters where we were totally in the doldrums. So i say thank you and well done and hope to see you back in a cavan jersey soon.

Also a big well done to our minors today. Another gutsy win by one point showing a certain level of mental strength. Can we overcome Monaghan, who knows, the hammering  they gave Antrim is not of much use to them.

rodney trotter

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2013, 09:08:15 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 26, 2013, 11:31:17 AM

Whats on the indo website is just a summary, the whole article is on www.gaa.ie.
I don't know whether Alan would ever take a peak in here but if he does I would just like to say that it is an inspirational thing he has done today and is just as seismic as Donal Og Cusacks coming out. It shows that depression strikes everywhere and anywhere regardless of class, creed or class (or sport).
I would also like to say that I, and I am sure all Cavan supporters, are very proud of what Alan and the more recent u21 teams have done. They have brought happiness back to the supporters where we were totally in the doldrums. So i say thank you and well done and hope to see you back in a cavan jersey soon.

Also a big well done to our minors today. Another gutsy win by one point showing a certain level of mental strength. Can we overcome Monaghan, who knows, the hammering  they gave Antrim is not of much use to them.

Yeah I have the paper(indo) where the full article is, just stuck up the link incase anyone didn't hear about it

Well done o the Minors. Monaghan in the Semi's. They beat Cavan well in the Minor League, and won out the Minor League, although Cavan were missing a few players in that game,

Westside

I'll echo what the lads before me said. It's certainly not easy to admit any sort of mental health issues. To be a 22 year old county footballer and come out with such honesty about it is admirable, shows a lot of confidence and bravery. This sort of openness, especially from popular, successful well adjusted figures, helps dispel the fear that's out there surrounding talking about mental health issues. Well done Alan. Hopefully more will follow suit.