Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 01:58:08 PM
[[
Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2013, 12:54:09 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 10:55:46 AM

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year.

Can you explain that Rodney i don't know much about this years minors.

Few lads dropped who had been on the panel all year, westside had already mentioned it

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 24, 2013, 01:32:39 PM
In fairness to what westside said, a thread wanting DK removed as Cavan Senior manager after beating Antim in the first round isn't much different.http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7394.0 For all his faults DK done a decent job with Cavan and his results were quite good. And some good football was played too

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year, but fair play for grinding out the win against Armag. Armagh were the only side Cavan beat in the Minor league, and Cavan would have been hopeful of grinding out a win last Sunday
Some very good players on the Cavan Minor team

Fermanagh will be a  tough test, had a solid enough Minor league,and didn't take any bad beatings.

Best of luck to the Minors Sunday

That thread on Donal Keoghan was just about the only time everyone on this board were in agreement. Care to remind me what he achieved as a manager (apart from profits being up at the lock ins that is).

What did Tommy Carr achieve or Val Andrews?

What have they got to do with Donal Keoghan ?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2013, 02:05:53 PM
[[

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year.

Few lads dropped who had been on the panel all year, westside had already mentioned it

In fairness to what westside said, a thread wanting DK removed as Cavan Senior manager after beating Antim in the first round isn't much different.http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7394.0 For all his faults DK done a decent job with Cavan and his results were quite good. And some good football was played too

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year, but fair play for grinding out the win against Armag. Armagh were the only side Cavan beat in the Minor league, and Cavan would have been hopeful of grinding out a win last Sunday

Fermanagh will be a  tough test, had a solid enough Minor league,and didn't take any bad beatings.

That thread on Donal Keoghan was just about the only time everyone on this board were in agreement. Care to remind me what he achieved as a manager (apart from profits being up at the lock ins that is).

Eh, let me think. They have been Cavan managers since Keoghan left. Comparing what they achieved to keogan You would sware there was a drastic improvement once Keoghan left. Cavan weren't that bad under Keoghan

Under Terry we are making good progress.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 02:19:15 PM
[[

Eh, let me think. They have been Cavan managers since Keoghan left. Comparing what they achieved to keogan You would sware there was a drastic improvement once Keoghan left. Cavan weren't that bad under Keoghan

What i should have said is what has any of this to do with Gary Donohoe?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2013, 02:31:20 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 02:19:15 PM
[[

What i should have said is what has any of this to do with Gary Donohoe?

What I'm saying , Keoghans record wasn't that bad. And people still had it in for him (forget about the drinking) he got Cavan to a league semi aswell against Ross in Croke Park
A few negative things were said about Gary Donahoe and ppl are lambasted. But good luck to the Minors, have nothing against him myself - Gary Donahoe

tommysmith

You could at least learn how to spell the mans name right - Gary Donohoe.

Westside

Resorting to spelling corrections Tommy?

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on May 24, 2013, 03:43:02 PM
Resorting to spelling corrections Tommy?

Yeah i told him the correct spelling.

CC1

Andrews did get Cavan to an Ulster final in 01 and I thought they were unfortunate not to win that day.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2013, 03:03:01 PM

Sorry pet :-*
And you could also do  stop make up shite about Terry Hyland

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 08:58:18 PM

Exactly, what I said was grounded in quote and fact. Not pulling conclusions out of my arxe.

Hopefully the lads will be motivated by the fact that Grimley actually published an apology to Armagh Supporters for the loss to Cavan. Fermanagh will be much tougher but if we can grind out another win it would go some way to showing that we are not a team that you need an excuse to be beaten by.

Itchy

Grimley really is a tool. I find all this crap about him and his tactics offensive to Cavan. Hopefully they will use it as motivation for the next.

tommysmith

Over a week since i said anything about him, how is that relevant to our discussion yesterday?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 25, 2013, 09:49:04 AM

Over a week since i said anything about him, how is that relevant to our discussion yesterday?

Its all relevant Tommy, he out current Senior manager. Over a week and keep it that way, spreading shite, the Celt even mentioned about ppl making up false rumours about TH

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 25, 2013, 10:39:02 AM

Its all relevant Tommy, he out current Senior manager. Over a week and keep it that way, spreading shite, the Celt even mentioned about ppl making up false rumours about TH

It had nothing to do with what with were talking about so then it was not relevant.

If you are that bothered about it why did you decided to bring it up one week later.  If even the Celt mentioned it it must be false.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 25, 2013, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 25, 2013, 10:39:02 AM

It had nothing to do with what with were talking about so then it was not relevant.

If you are that bothered about it why did you decided to bring it up one week later.  If even the Celt mentioned it it must be false.

You're right I should have mentioned it earlier, Maybe you will make up more untrue stuff in the build up to the Fermanagh game, fire away.

The Celt would more about Terry Hyland then you do