Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Forget to ask, how would you rate Fermanagh Minors? Had a few good decent performances in the Minor League this year apparently? Cavan grinded out a win against Armagh on Sunday, Ryan Connolly was the key player at centre forward..
Should be a good game against Fermanagh this Saturday in Clones 7pm.

Enniskilen will be fairly manic on the 16th of June with the G8 summit taking place. Thought it might have been switched to Clones, wouldn't have been in Breffni as Cavan couldn't have home advantage again.

On a different note, Cavan play Louth in the Leinster Junior Championship http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=192789

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 22, 2013, 10:51:14 AM
Forget to ask, how would you rate Fermanagh Minors? Had a few good decent performances in the Minor League this year apparently? Cavan grinded out a win against Armagh on Sunday, Ryan Connolly was the key player at centre forward..
Should be a good game against Fermanagh this Saturday in Clones 7pm.

Enniskilen will be fairly manic on the 16th of June with the G8 summit taking place. Thought it might have been switched to Clones, wouldn't have been in Breffni as Cavan couldn't have home advantage again.

On a different note, Cavan play Louth in the Leinster Junior Championship http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=192789

Minor game is Sunday at 7.

rodney trotter

Sunday my bad, they should have some momentum, with the game 1 week after the Armagh game.. due to the LC

Denn Forever

QuoteEnniskilen will be fairly manic on the 16th of June with the G8 summit taking place. Thought it might have been switched to Clones, wouldn't have been in Breffni as Cavan couldn't have home advantage again.

Can you imagine if Obama wanted to come and watch the game?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 22, 2013, 03:15:05 PM
QuoteEnniskilen will be fairly manic on the 16th of June with the G8 summit taking place. Thought it might have been switched to Clones, wouldn't have been in Breffni as Cavan couldn't have home advantage again.

Can you imagine if Obama wanted to come and watch the game?

He would be a fool not too :) It should be played in Clones , without being stuck in a Circus, but what's done is done.

See a fella wrote a letter to Obama http://joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/cavan-man-invites-barack-obama-to-ulster-quarter-final-v-fermanagh-but-will-he-pay-for-the-ticket-0038037-1

Westside

Gary Donohoe in the Celt today talking about last year's Minor Loss to Donegal "Typical of young lads, it just didn't happen on the day".. Right Gary, pass the buck, nothing to do with your leaving Conor Smith on that huge full forward from Donegal?? Dropping lads from the team 2 days before Championship after 8 months of training as well. A real role model. 

anglocelt39

Jesus H Christ we have just beaten Armagh in the first round of the minor championship with a team that has been tipped to do nothing, closed the game out in extra time, how many times have we been on the wrong side of those outcomes in the last 10 years??? It looks like you have a personal issue with Gary Donohoe. As previously suggested, could you lay off him. That's the sort of craic you'd be ranting about if it was over on HS
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 23, 2013, 08:47:21 AM
Jesus H Christ we have just beaten Armagh in the first round of the minor championship with a team that has been tipped to do nothing, closed the game out in extra time, how many times have we been on the wrong side of those outcomes in the last 10 years??? It looks like you have a personal issue with Gary Donohoe. As previously suggested, could you lay off him. That's the sort of craic you'd be ranting about if it was over on HS

+1

Swadman

Quote from: tommysmith on May 23, 2013, 10:08:31 AM

+1

Sergio Garcia +1

Westside

I have no issue with him personally, I have never even met the man. I'm not making stuff up for the sake of having a dig, the two points I made are facts that I found out in the last 2 days and thought I'd share. All credit to him for the Minor victory though, at one stage I was certain it was going to be the same old story. But you're right, negative talk about him will reflect onto the team and that is the furthest thing from my intentions before the second round of the Championship. I'll leave it until another time.

Who were the 16 year olds on the team lads? I thought Greg McGovern was brilliant, he's obviously learned lots from playing with Gearoid. I doubt we have ever had a Midfielder so big at Minor Level. Where does Barry Fortune play for Cavan Gaels?

rodney trotter

In fairness to what westside said, a thread wanting DK removed as Cavan Senior manager after beating Antim in the first round isn't much different.http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7394.0 For all his faults DK done a decent job with Cavan and his results were quite good. And some good football was played too

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year, but fair play for grinding out the win against Armag. Armagh were the only side Cavan beat in the Minor league, and Cavan would have been hopeful of grinding out a win last Sunday
Some very good players on the Cavan Minor team

Fermanagh will be a  tough test, had a solid enough Minor league,and didn't take any bad beatings.

Best of luck to the Minors Sunday

Babe Ruth 47

Of that minor team I'm nearly sure David Brady and Darragh Gannon who came on are both 16. There are possibly others.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 24, 2013, 10:55:46 AM

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year.

Can you explain that Rodney i don't know much about this years minors.

mylestheslasher

In fairness to what westside said, a thread wanting DK removed as Cavan Senior manager after beating Antim in the first round isn't much different.http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7394.0 For all his faults DK done a decent job with Cavan and his results were quite good. And some good football was played too

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year, but fair play for grinding out the win against Armag. Armagh were the only side Cavan beat in the Minor league, and Cavan would have been hopeful of grinding out a win last Sunday

Fermanagh will be a  tough test, had a solid enough Minor league,and didn't take any bad beatings.

That thread on Donal Keoghan was just about the only time everyone on this board were in agreement. Care to remind me what he achieved as a manager (apart from profits being up at the lock ins that is).

rodney trotter

[[
Quote from: tommysmith on May 24, 2013, 12:54:09 PM

Cavan had a very poor minor league this year, and some players were let off the panel in bizzare fashion during the year.

Can you explain that Rodney i don't know much about this years minors.

Few lads dropped who had been on the panel all year, westside had already mentioned it

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 24, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

That thread on Donal Keoghan was just about the only time everyone on this board were in agreement. Care to remind me what he achieved as a manager (apart from profits being up at the lock ins that is).

What did Tommy Carr achieve or Val Andrews?

Keoghans final game was 1pt defeat in Newbridge, a game which Cavan deserved to win. James Kavanagh got a late goal. They had some good performances in div2 although they got relegated, beat Cork, decent display against Dublin and against Meath in Navan