Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Don't know how they got on against Tipp except to hear a second hand report that they lost by 3 points. Tipp have put in a serious amount of work at Under 15, 16, 17 and minor over the past several years and any team that beats cork at minor level would have to be useful.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2013, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 15, 2013, 10:11:57 PM
See tipp beat cork in minor championship tonight think our  lads had a good workout against Tipp recently so hope it stands to them on Sunday. Big big ask for the seniors hope we can get something out of it, we seem to have injury problems but Armagh have plenty to complain about on that front also .

Does anybody know what Conor Gilsenans club situation is? I understand he hasn't togged out for the Shamrocks a whole lot and was trying to transfer out to Killinkere, not ideal. Understand O Mara hasn't been seen around Saint Annes Park much either. Strange.

I was told by a fellow supporter at the Meath match that he tried to transfer and a objection by Drumalee (who were trying to stop another transfer) stopped it. Killeshandra played Bailieboro earlier in the league and neither of the O Mara's or Gilsenan were in goals. Seems strange but maybe there is a reason.

That is very strange as transfers are decided by the CCC and only a club involved can object as far as i know.  Aren't killinkere and Baileboro neighbouring parish or even same parish? , that should have been automatic as far as i know.

seafoid

Quote from: tommysmith on May 16, 2013, 09:59:34 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2013, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 15, 2013, 10:11:57 PM
See tipp beat cork in minor championship tonight think our  lads had a good workout against Tipp recently so hope it stands to them on Sunday. Big big ask for the seniors hope we can get something out of it, we seem to have injury problems but Armagh have plenty to complain about on that front also .

Does anybody know what Conor Gilsenans club situation is? I understand he hasn't togged out for the Shamrocks a whole lot and was trying to transfer out to Killinkere, not ideal. Understand O Mara hasn't been seen around Saint Annes Park much either. Strange.

I was told by a fellow supporter at the Meath match that he tried to transfer and a objection by Drumalee (who were trying to stop another transfer) stopped it. Killeshandra played Bailieboro earlier in the league and neither of the O Mara's or Gilsenan were in goals. Seems strange but maybe there is a reason.

That is very strange as transfers are decided by the CCC and only a club involved can object as far as i know.  Aren't killinkere and Baileboro neighbouring parish or even same parish? , that should have been automatic as far as i know.
Wasn't the great Jim Smith from Killinkere? What happened to the genes?

PhilsJemmysField

1     Official Jim Smith Gene pool alive and well and relations still playing for Killinkere
2     Conor G transfer not signed by BBoro went to CCC they would not approve it. So some big pow wow organized by county board and Conor and BBoro must have patched it all up

Think we have a team that will WORK and OUT Work Armagh bounce of a ball and we might do it. If we WORK hard enough

scoopmine

I think its awful how some on the Hogan are complaining about the minors. Really personal I don't think its on. Really hope they pull it out on Sunday!

Denn Forever

Jack brady on the Cadbury's list of the up and coming talents for 2013.  Well done Jack.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Interesting to see the Maghera Senior team playing in Division 1A of the reserve championship.

https://twitter.com/CavanCoBoardGaa/status/334042359673286656/photo/1

rodney trotter

Same group as Ramor, If they had some of Ramor's Senior team they would have a fairly good side. James McEnroe , Shane and Ado Cole should be playing for Maghera. The Monagahan's would have been Maghera aswell.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 16, 2013, 01:22:19 PM
Same group as Ramor, If they had some of Ramor's Senior team they would have a fairly good side. James McEnroe , Shane and Ado Cole should be playing for Maghera. The Monagahan's would have been Maghera aswell.

What is the problem out there anyone know, why do they not want to play with their local club?

rodney trotter

Them lads would have always played with Ramor, under age it would have been the amalgamation of Lurgan, Ramor/Maghera. Suppose Ramor a Senior team aswell ,higher level of football.

anglocelt39

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on May 16, 2013, 12:01:49 PM
1     Official Jim Smith Gene pool alive and well and relations still playing for Killinkere
2     Conor G transfer not signed by BBoro went to CCC they would not approve it. So some big pow wow organized by county board and Conor and BBoro must have patched it all up

Think we have a team that will WORK and OUT Work Armagh bounce of a ball and we might do it. If we WORK hard enough

I think we have a fighting chance on Sunday even though the bookies and pundits don't think so. It really will come down to marginal things and one of these will be the mindset of the panel. I know Terry and Tom Reilly are talking talking talking about long term development plans and need for patience and they are right.n However if that outlook has insinuated itself into the minds of even one or two panel members we are at a disadvantage. On the other hand if every single panel member is approaching this as their personal all ireland final and really believes they can do it we have a game. Looking at the last few years against Donegal you really wonder whether the lads believed they could beat them.

So if we win on Sunday fantastic and a real sign of progress. If we lose by a point or two to a better team having gone absolutely hell for leather and taken the game to Armagh I won't be too disappointed. If we lose through a lack a belief among players in our ability to win it will be disappointing.

Patience is good up to a point. McHugh wasn't too patient when he came in and took us from not winning a championship game in 9 years to two Ulster finals in three years and an Under 21 AIF. Time for a bit of that attitude again I hope.

Westside

Itchy and Myles getting some abuse on HS I see. It's crazy reading what's going on over there. After a solid league and some actual signs of progress it's astonishing that so many people have the knives out for Hyland. I can only imagine the diatribe that will be directed Hyland's way if we lose.

anglocelt39

Didn't pick Itchy as Myles in disguise myself in fairness, interesting theory though. Hogan Stand just gets more traffic than here so more of the two extremes, some really good posters but some quare headers whom you can ignore normally but every so often the full moon brings them out in force.

rodney trotter

May aswell not go to Breffni Sunday if you were to read the stuff from Hoganstand

edit: that has nothing to with me whatever is being said about Itchy/Myles on Hoganstand. We had a falling out before but that's water under the bridge