Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

They were lucky to get out of that a draw would have been fair.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on April 13, 2013, 02:53:31 PM
They were lucky to get out of that a draw would have been fair.
Tommy I thought Granard were by far the best team over the 60 and that the ref gave the other team a lot of easy frees in the last 10 mims and their lucky goal gave them the momentum that nearly got the draw. However, it would have been a travesty if they had got the draw.

That Rian Brady lad is from Longford I  think, is that right Rodney.

rodney trotter

Yeah he from Longford, Aaron Brady came on as a sub, played in Leinster final and previous games.  Rian Brady is class little player, thought the ref Reilly was shite yet again

They played very well since they were down 14 in the middle of the first half

rodney trotter

It was Devenney who was ref just checked , looks very alike to Reilly from Meath

mylestheslasher

Just watched the highlights of the Ulster and Munster finals on TG4. Its hard to understand why the bookies have Cork 4/9 and Cavan 9/4 for next Sunday. I saw nothing spectacular from Cork and I think our lads will get more bodies around them in the backs than Tipp did. I think we have a 50:50 chance of winning and I also think we have another gear to go up from the Ulster final. Its all about getting out of the lads on the pitch on Saturday. There should be no fear of Cork and f**k the bookies. I put 50 quid on them just now to win it out at 6/1. Go on the breffni!

cavanmaniac

Any chance of anyone having a link to any of the TG4 stuff?

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 15, 2013, 09:56:09 PM
Just watched the highlights of the Ulster and Munster finals on TG4. Its hard to understand why the bookies have Cork 4/9 and Cavan 9/4 for next Sunday. I saw nothing spectacular from Cork and I think our lads will get more bodies around them in the backs than Tipp did. I think we have a 50:50 chance of winning and I also think we have another gear to go up from the Ulster final. Its all about getting out of the lads on the pitch on Saturday. There should be no fear of Cork and f**k the bookies. I put 50 quid on them just now to win it out at 6/1. Go on the breffni!

Good man Myles are we all set for Saturday lads i am really looking forward to it.

rodney trotter

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on April 16, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

Good man Myles are we all set for Saturday lads i am really looking forward to it.
I'll be there anyway. We don't get many all Ireland semis so we can't pass them up.

rodney trotter

I'll be there, Tullamore is suppose to be one of the more modern grounds in Leinster at the minute. The dilapidated shed in Navan and the dodgy terrace in Longford are a bit lagging behind.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on April 16, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

The bookies (or maybe its the punters) know jack shit about this grade of football. For christ sake Tyrone were favourites to win Ulster just because they were Tyrone and ignorace of the fact that Monaghan thrashed them before the 1st round. Weren't they 1/3 to beat Donegal too! I didnt see anything invincible about Cork in those hightlights and if you look at the other side of the draw I believe Galway were fortunate to beat Roscommon. Kildare seem strong but McGeeney is not allowing the senior players to concentrate on the U21's like we are so again that has to be worth something. There are 4 good teams left and we have as good a chance as any of them to win this thing.

rodney trotter

I'd say the bookies knew very little about the Shamrock Cup. They were basing it on the fact, that Tyrone were Minor champions 3 years ago and that the game against Donegal was in Omagh, home advantage making the odds shorter..

Cavan at 6/1 to win it outright is a nice price..

mylestheslasher

Some good coverage of the U21 in Gaelic life today. I think you can sign up for this weeks issue for 90p on their site. Anyway, the boys over there are tipping us to beat Cork.

rodney trotter

Club Championship starting this week in Meath and Westmeath, think its starting in a few weeks in Kildare, The Co board made a right balls of that way it was dealth with this year, going from agreeing on amalgamations to no amalgamations and then allowing clubs to enter the Senior Championship

PhilsJemmysField

Any word from the camp for the weekend is everybody ok

The word from on high is a full round of fixtures go ahead Sunday  -- Win, Loose or Draw. Will be interesting to see does that happen if we win.

So the league should finish round Christmas even before anybody chats about championship. Own personal belief is that starting in July and running right through is right as starting now then stopping the championship is wrong