Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I don't think Cavan were ever going to ever underestimate them. Regardless of the Shamrock Cup win. Its a local derby game, they won't be as bad as Monaghan Seniors.

It's knock out football, no second chance. They will obviously be up for it.

Denn Forever

Team for weekend.  Team becoming consistent.

Cavan (FL v Sligo) - A O'Mara; K Brady, J McEnroe, O Minagh; K Meehan, A Clarke, D O'Reilly; T Corr, G McKiernan; C Mackey, M Reilly, M McKeever; N McDermott, M Dunne, D Givney.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 08, 2013, 06:38:03 PM

Cavan (FL v Sligo) - A O'Mara; K Brady, J McEnroe, O Minagh; K Meehan, A Clarke, D O'Reilly; T Corr, G McKiernan; C Mackey, M Reilly, M McKeever; N McDermott, M Dunne, D Givney.

Good luck to Cavan. Interesting that Meehan is in instead of McCutcheon but sure maybe he is going well in training so best of luck to him.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 08, 2013, 07:14:30 PM

Good luck to Cavan. Interesting that Meehan is in instead of McCutcheon but sure maybe he is going well in training so best of luck to him.

Will you have the kettle on myles?

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on March 08, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

Only if Rodney comes too.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on March 08, 2013, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on March 08, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

Only if Rodney comes too.

Ay yeah, of course.

Westside

Very inexperienced defence, would like to see McCutcheon in there. Hopefully Meehan can stake his claim though.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on March 09, 2013, 03:55:51 AM
Very inexperienced defence, would like to see McCutcheon in there. Hopefully Meehan can stake his claim though.

I dont think McCutcheon will get back into that team being honest.

Westside

Really tommy? I find that surprising.. Why do you think that? We wouldn't have any squad defenders as strong and athletic as McCutcheon. Meehan is a fairly light player and has yet to have what you'd call a storming game for Cavan. I would have thought McCutcheon and Clarke were going to be mainstays in our half back line for the year.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on March 09, 2013, 11:00:13 AM
Really tommy? I find that surprising.. Why do you think that? We wouldn't have any squad defenders as strong and athletic as McCutcheon. Meehan is a fairly light player and has yet to have what you'd call a storming game for Cavan. I would have thought McCutcheon and Clarke were going to be mainstays in our half back line for the year.

Yes i agree that he is strong and athletic and one of the very best club footballs in the county but;

I feel that he lacks a small bit of pace that makes a difference at this level.

Itchy

Its been a while since we've had some depth in the panel. Lads know now that they have to work and train at a level above the norm to get a chance to show the manager they should be playing each week. Mccutcheon is good enough  and im sure hell get his chance again.

rodney trotter

Dermot Sheridan is supppose to be close to a return aswell, form might have been up and down with Cavan in the past, but he stood out last year with Mullahoran. Thought he was impressive against Errigal Ciaran last year despite the hiding they got.

Strong enough panel., which you need.  7/8 players who weren't involved last year have been brought back and that has made a improvement. McEnroe was working in Lodon last year, hence why he wasn't involved.

Westside

Didn't think we'd see Sheridan in again, thought he was very much in the Johnston/Lyng bracket that we had seen the end of. Another lad that can add physicality to the team great that he's on board again.

PP have us as second favourites for promotion. The win against Monaghan is vital for more than the 2 points on the night but for the head to head. That's why (if we are to be in the hunt for promotion, perhaps it's tempting fate to be thinking that already) a win against Fermanagh would be equally as vital.

rodney trotter

Sheridan is probaly the best trainer on the Cavan panel

mylestheslasher

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow, I need a win personally so I can show my face about Sligo!

Tea shall be served afterwards.