Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMac

I honestly think Givney is one of the best mid fielder in the country at the minute. This video shows some of his outrageous catches and scores from the DCU game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcvcvN3bG0

Westside

Givney did brilliantly well and I'm delighted for him. But the difference in intensity between Sigerson and Intercounty is massive and I'm sure he knows that better than anyone himself. He will ultimately be judged by the type of performances he puts in when in the Cavan jersey. Let's hope he can have as big a game next weekend in Navan, he's well capable of it. Take nothing away from him though he can only play the game that's put in front of him and today he was top notch.

rodney trotter

He gave a very good performance against the would be All Ireland Champions last May in Breffni. Thought he  had a great game against a strong Donegal midfield in Rory Kavanagh and Neil Gallagher. Gearoid McKiernan was half fit that day after a injury. Personally think Givney is a more complete player. But McKiernan is still very good, and a great player for getting 2/3 pts each game.

Itchy

Now settle down there lads. Givney is a great prospect and was excellent today, best player on the pitch. But the best midifelder in Ireland, well he will need a few years before anyone could say that. Don't get me wrong, I have been really impressed in that he seems to be a lot fitter, faster, stronger and more athletic than last year. I think he is a really good lad and seems to be doing all the right things but he is 22 and the last thing he needs is out of control expectation from starved Cavan fans.

rodney trotter

I would have him up there in the Top 5 in present form. And the way he is developing, he can be the best.

Btw, Givney will be 24 this year.

Westside

Huge weekend for the lad, first bit of silverware and now first game in Croker (I think?) tomorrow. I agree with Itchy that we shouldn't be going overboard about him but he should enjoy the bit of a buzz over his performances. Especially after spending the first few years of his intercounty career being called Gibney by the media!

Now if he can go to Navan next weekend and give Menton a roasting we'll be going somewhere!

rodney trotter

Myself and Big Mac didn't actually say he was the best - there is a difference.. Up there with the best on current form. He was as good as Sean Cavanagh last week in the Railway Cup Semi until his sending off.

scoopmine

Lads anyone hear about Keating moving to Na Fianna in Dublin?

rodney trotter

In his final year in Sligo, he must have work lined up in Dub afterwards. I heard the transfer has gone through.

Givney got another medal today. Railway Cup. Fair play to him.

Westside

Did Givney start? I caught the last few minutes on the radio I heard Gearoid's name mentioned.

Itchy

Started, scored a point. Took off at half time. Gearoid came on for him

Westside

Does anyone know the date and time of the U21 game v Monaghan?

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on March 01, 2013, 11:25:04 AM
Does anyone know the date and time of the U21 game v Monaghan?

It's Wednesday the 20th of March and i presume it will be at 8.

Denn Forever

Yep.

Quarter Final

Cavan V Monaghan

Time: 8 00 PM , Venue: Kingspan Breffni Pk

Referee: TBC

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Onlooker

Have heard good reports about the Cavan Under 21's.   Are they worth a bet to win Ulster this year.  4/1 looks to be a decent price.