Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Speaking on my own behalf, this is what I said

Antrims were missing 4 regulars. Including Tomas McCann who is probaly their best forward. Givney will have to start at midfield next week, target man role didn't work that well. Monaghan are strong at midfield with Dick Clerkin and Eoin Lennon, Cavan can't afford to be cleaned out again in the middle.

All of that was said in Paul's analysis of the Antrim match. Antrim were missing some key men, Midfield battle was lost on the day.

I don't see what the problem was, was it suppose to be a positive thing highlighting what I said, i didn't see it like that , maybe I read it wrong with my reaction.  I thought i was being singled out when Tommy mentioned it what i said on here, he then revealed Bhm was quoted aswell and a few from Hoganstand.

tommysmith

CC1 there was no critism of players though from here and its defenitaly here that he is having a go at.

The thing that i find astounding is the fact that he used the match preview in the program to slate us.   It was possibly the biggest league game of the year as a loss would have left us with a mountain to climb, and he didnt give it the respect it deserved.  I  sat in the stand laughing and asked my mate to read the match preview, he handed the program back to me after reading a few lines and said who is that clown.

Anyway we have wasted to much time talking about this .

Cavan For Sam  :D

Denn Forever

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 15, 2013, 03:45:06 PM
Quote from: spuds on February 15, 2013, 03:42:47 PM
Quote from: Any craic on February 15, 2013, 08:55:30 AM
Video - see hosts Athlone IT beat CIT last night to reach the Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup weekend http://tinyurl.com/bo6dsoh including interview clips with a former All Star and the brother of another former All Star. I'll let youse work that out!
Former All Star is Gary Connaughton
Brother of all Star is Athlone manager Martin McCabe, brother of Dermot ?

Yeah he is a brother of Dermot

Team mangement is going well in Cavan.  Martin, not the most graceful of footballers but so effective around the square.  Are there any players from Cavan on the AIT team?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

scoopmine

Killian Clarke plays with AIT.

anglocelt39

Quote from: scoopmine on February 15, 2013, 04:47:26 PM
Killian Clarke plays with AIT.

Think the Murphy lad from Cavan Gaels ((Levi??) is also involved. I'm not sure if Turloch Mooney is at the college but still injury jinxed
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Itchy

I see on Twitter today that Barry Reilly is recovered from his broken jaw. Anyone know is he in on county panel, he would be a great addition.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on February 15, 2013, 06:45:13 PM
I see on Twitter today that Barry Reilly is recovered from his broken jaw. Anyone know is he in on county panel, he would be a great addition.

I hope he is another lad who can kick a score  :)

rodney trotter

Of course Barry Reilly is on the panel. He would have been starting no doubt if was fit. He was doing water boy along the line against Monaghan.

This was the panel that was named before xmass

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hyland+names+cavan+panel&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hoganstand.com%2Fcavan%2FArticleForm.aspx%3FID%3D182419&ei=LZIeUe29KZC7hAfI7YCgAg&usg=AFQjCNFfXG9lDU5yAZRy_atpsia7aDXJ1A&bvm=bv.42553238,d.ZG4

All those players are still involved with the panel and injured players like McEnroe, Tierney, will feature id imagine when fit id imagine

rodney trotter

Carroll couldn't commit due being in the Curragh Ronan Flanagan, Niall Smith, Dermot Sheridan are part of the panel aswell but injured.

Strong panel when everyone is availabel.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on February 15, 2013, 07:16:36 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 15, 2013, 06:45:13 PM

I hope he is another lad who can kick a score  :)

He was kicking some nice free and 45's off the ground in the championship too. Seems to pick up injuries easier then you'd hope but hopefully he'll be clear now and get a run with the seniors.

rodney trotter

James McEnroe was suppose to have had a great game yesterday for Ramor. Be good to him back on the Cavan team, strong as an oxe.

http://www.hoganstand.com/cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=185773

Westside

Does anyone know if Packie Leddy is on the Senior Panel? Would have thought he'd be one that would have the physical presence to step up to senior level.

rodney trotter

Don't think he on the panel. Mark Leddy is though.

Denn Forever

Best of luck to David and Gearoid this Sunday.  Uladh Abu.

Ulster (Interprovincial final v Leinster) - Pascal McConnell (Tyrone); Chrissy McKaigue (Derry), Neil McGee (Donegal), Eamonn McGee (Donegal); Aaron Kernan (Armagh), Darren Hughes (Monaghan), Ciaran McKeever (Armagh); Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone), David Givney (Cavan); Mark McHugh (Donegal), Martin Penrose (Tyrone), Joe McMahon (Tyrone); Jamie Clarke (Armagh), Kevin Niblock (Antrim), Conor McManus (Monaghan). Subs: Brendan McVeigh (Down), Cathal McCarron (Tyrone), Dermot McBride (Derry), Mark Poland (Down), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Tommy McElroy (Fermanagh), Ryan Jones (Fermanagh), Gearoid McKiernan (Cavan), Conor McAliskey (Tyrone), Paul McComiskey (Down), Kieran Hughes (Monaghan), Peter Harte (Tyrone).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Won't Givney be playing sigerson football as well. So long as he avoids injury! Meath await and the sickness is coming back.