Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Did anyone else read the total meltdown Paul Fitzpatrick had in the match program.

We must have really got him wound up last week he must have been frothing at the mouth. :)

Edit: Just after reading it again, he also seems to have a sly dig at Micheal Hannon.

rodney trotter

I didn't get a program. Very impressed with Cavan last night, Good all round team performace.
Givney was impressive at full forward, got a great score in the first half. Mackey was very good, coming deep and running at the Monaghan defence, hit some lovely passes into Jack Brady. Thought Jack was very lively. Dunne was playing well before his red (stupid thing what he did but these things happen)

I thought Monaghan would have the edge with Giveny at full forward, but Mossy Corr and McKiernan won there fair share of possesion. McKiernan was very good in the second half. Martin Dunne will be a loss for the Meath game and John McCutcheon, pity there is a 3 week break after getting a good result last night. But it might give the injured players like Eugene Keating, Barry Reilly, James McEnroe, Niall Smith, Kevin Tierney, Ronan Flanagan, Dermot Sheridan a chance to be fully fit or thereabouts for the Meath game

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on February 10, 2013, 10:45:17 AM
Did anyone else read the total meltdown Paul Fitzpatrick had in the match program.

We must have really got him wound up last week he must have been frothing at the mouth. :)

Edit: Just after reading it again, he also seems to have a sly dig at Micheal Hannon.

What was the jist of it?

Itchy

Left my program behind me, what did he say I didn't bother read it.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 05:27:55 PM
Moving on from celt gate, i see the betting for saturday evenings game.

Cavan 6/4  Monaghan 4/6

I think that is easy money if you back against Cavan i just can't see us being good enough to beat Monaghan.

How much did you lump on Monaghan Tommy? 6/4 were alot better odds. :)

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 10, 2013, 06:32:54 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 05:27:55 PM
Moving on from celt gate, i see the betting for saturday evenings game.

Cavan 6/4  Monaghan 4/6

I think that is easy money if you back against Cavan i just can't see us being good enough to beat Monaghan.

How much did you lump on Monaghan Tommy? 6/4 were alot better odds. :)

I put 0 on monaghan, and delighted to be proved wrong.  I must say i did not meet one Cavan person who though Cavan would win before the game and they were at 8/15 before so some lads were backing them.  I think our experienced players Mackey and Mckeever were outstanding and we have found a left footed free taker and Jack will put them over from the other side. Onwards and upwards lads, still strong players to come into that team.

On the sports editor from celt i reckon he is hitting F5 all day to see what reaction he is getting. I would hope someone can scan the article in but if not i will type it in tomorrow.  I must say he has let himself down and the Celt.

rodney trotter

Itchy

Not much reaction on here to the match, lads must be afraid they'll make the Celt?? ;D

Well just like losing to Antrim didnt mean we were poor, beating Monaghan doesnt make us the best team in the division. What it does show is that we can beat any team in the league if we put our mind to it and that certainly means something to lads confidence and self belief. In my opinion those are the two traits that can make the difference between winning and losing.

Cavan decided sometime during the week that they were going to stop the slide and make a stand. They got in Monaghans faces from the start and it didn't take long for McManus to lash out and get the line. Unfortunately Dunne followed thanks to some fine diving and feigning injury by Monaghan something that also got McCutcheon sent off too. Classy boys over in Monaghan.

For us it was a real team effort or even a real squad effort. I thought the two main men for us, the lads that made things happen, were the two older lads McKeever and Mackey. I was also impressed with Clarke who really showed what we've been missing. Gearoids massive free just on half time was a real kick in the nuts to Monaghan as was the well taken penalty in the second half. Was great to see McDermott and Givney stepping it up when Dunne went off too.

Finally the ref was probably as bad as I've seen in years, he lost control completely, although I am sure some croke park numpty in the crowd gave him 10/10 and will promote him to Div 2 for next week. Where do they get these fellas from, I'd do a better job and I never reffed a game in my life.

Next up Derby No 2, Meath in Navan. As bad as Monaghan are the idea of losing to these boys gives me sleepless nights and I have that for the next three weeks.

Denn Forever

We don't want to hex things.

Next game will tell us if we are going in the right direction.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

I gave my reaction.

League is wide open, Sligo beat Antrim by 2, Meath beat Wickla, Fermanagh got thier second win yesterday against Ros. Not much between the teams. Ros will probaly have the Brigids lads back for the next round (when cross beat them this weekend)

Wicklow are the wipping boys, Tony Hannon a key forward over the years retired since last season. Seanie Furlong who had a brillant game in the League final last year, can't commit, and Leaighton Glynn is injured, Cavan should get a great boost from yesterday and go to Navan with confidence

Westside

Was Paul Fitz giving out about what we said about internet comments being published in The Celt?

Fantastic win and it will give our survival chances a big boost. Meath away is another extremely tough game and once again it's hard to see us getting a result but that win will give them confidence. We are without Dunne and McCutcheon though are we?

tommysmith

Lads im not going to type in what he said its just gibberish and a rant/meltdown.

He was giving a job to write a preview on the game and 3/4 of it was used to attack us and 1/4 was about the game.  God knows anyone that read it would wonder what is this guy on.

Of course what he didn't mention was the fact that only a few days earlier he was happy enough to post comments from us "lunatics" on his piece in the paper, instead of going out and asking a few people outside the ground.

At the end of the day he couldn't take the bit of critism that he was giving from here and threw the toys out of the pram.

packiedevlin

Why was Martin Dunne sent off? I couldn't see from where I was sitting. I guess McCutcheons was for the high tackle but is that a red card offence? Harte and McCartan were both giving out about that ref last week. Also near the end, one of the monaghan players (I think Clerkin) hit a cavan player in the face as he was running past him and got no card at all. Some of these refs decisions are baffling!

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 11, 2013, 02:09:27 PM
Paul would want to wise up in that case. Some of us remember the __________ Paul and sure he was as big a lunatic as anyone, before he got famous  that is.

Exactly, and him and his press pass for free entry and travel expenses, we don't all get paid to go to games paul maybe you should remember that.

rodney trotter

Few yards from the ref, that should have been