Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Tommy with all due respect i was just stating Antrim were missing key  players. we were missing keating, and barry reilly, tierney were injured. I forgot to mention them Reilly and Tierney initially

That shouldn't even be in the Celt, We started Giveny full forward and it didn't work. Don't see what the problem is. I'm behind the team

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2013, 12:46:18 PM
From reading Hoganstand we were going to hammer hoganstand, I was just stating that they were missing a few key players too. I don't see what the problem is.

Being a headcase for saying that, is ott.

I was just looking for a reaction from you and i didn't get it, well done you handled it well  :)

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on February 03, 2013, 11:29:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 03, 2013, 10:47:12 PM

I think they are using the u21's this year as they choose not too in the last 3 years and it probaly cost them

It sure did cost them in the last few years and a few of them are needed, but i don't think Hyland is being fair on Peter Reilly either.

Edit: Peter might be happy enough for the lads to have a few games with the seniors , but it was him that didnt want them doing that when he was in charge.

Maybe we can have that in next weeks Celt. An agenda against Terry ;)

tommysmith

Well the last time the celt posted stuff from internet forums it wasn't long after that the then manger got the boot (was treated so bad he had to leave).

It's an interesting angle for the Celt to be taking and its lazy journalism as they should really be asking peoples opinions outsides the grounds or around the towns of the county.

Westside

I'm a big fan of The Celt and of Paul Fitzpatrick but writing comments from here and Hoganstand regarding the match? Were they stuck for space to fill?

Someone on HS put it perfectly for me, after every loss we try to reinvent the wheel. Anyone with any sense knew the Antrim game was going to be tough and we were slight underdogs especially in Casement. Had we been awarded that penalty at the end and nicked a win, you can imagine how high spirits would be, people would be raving about promotion and a new era. Instead we lost and have the usual rush of people calling for different faces on the panel and questioning management.

Each game in the Division is going to be extremely difficult, what we need to do is focus on one game at a time and learn from our mistakes and hopefully scrape together enough points to survive. The majority of the squad are a few years away from their peak years yet. We are building our stable base of committed and talented lads that are accumulating a base of intercounty experience. They don't have much of that sort of player surrounding themselves at the minute but hopefully they will be providing that to more Cavan talent coming through in a few years time.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 12:59:08 PM
Well the last time the celt posted stuff from internet forums it wasn't long after that the then manger got the boot (was treated so bad he had to leave).

It's an interesting angle for the Celt to be taking and its lazy journalism as they should really be asking peoples opinions outsides the grounds or around the towns of the county.

RichieJ might come out of the woodwork. I don't see what i said should have been published in the Celt, it was known before the game Antrim were missing players , hardly ground breaking news.

And being cleaned out of midfield sure thats just an opinion, don't know why it should be highlited.
Hoganstand and here are for discussing football, if we all had the same opinion it would be boring, but I don't think becuase a remark after the first league game should make the Celt.

Itchy

What's the big deal, its in the celt or its on here. Makes no difference as anyone can read in either place. No harm printing peoples opinions. Its only one game, a win against Monaghan would really lift things again.

packiedevlin

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on February 06, 2013, 01:35:07 PM
What's the big deal, its in the celt or its on here. Makes no difference as anyone can read in either place. No harm printing peoples opinions. Its only one game, a win against Monaghan would really lift things again.

The point is a paper like the Celt should not be quoting what faceless posters on a internet forum have to say.    It is not like  twitter where people have accounts under there own name.  They should be getting their own quotes

It's similar to postings that lunatic's richiej's letter a year or so back.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2013, 12:17:27 PM
gaaboards.ie - there is worse things said on there about the Antrim game. i be postive about Cavan football most of the time., not against the young players, they mightn't be fully developed yet as they are still young.

Is that what was "quoted from here" ?

rodney trotter

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 06, 2013, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2013, 12:17:27 PM
gaaboards.ie - there is worse things said on there about the Antrim game. i be postive about Cavan football most of the time., not against the young players, they mightn't be fully developed yet as they are still young.

Is that what was "quoted from here" ?

I haven't looked at the Celt, but don't think so. Hoganstand and here.

With all the stuff that went on last year with Val Andrews, there was stuff from Hoganstand posted in the Celt last year, I thought they would have more sense and not put pressure on Terry Hyland by doing the same again.

Posting things like i said in the Celt makes out supporters have an agenda against Terry Hyland, Anthony Forde etc and putting added pressure.

tommysmith

From here they posted Rodneys post which is quoted above by me, and what Bhman posted about now more excuses and youth and team building etc.

Westside

Rodney to be fair I don't think there is anything inherently wrong in The Celt quoting from here, it's all in the public domain, anyone capable of reading The Celt is equally as capable of coming on here and looking at this thread.

My problem with it is the poor effort at journalism that it represents and the fact that it gives the impression (as Val did last year giving out about forums) that what we say on here matters at all. I enjoy coming on here and writing and reading opinions and small bits of information that I might not hear otherwise but I'm also very aware that it's easy to log on here on a Sunday evening and give an "opinion" on a game that I might not even have bothered to attend. This is a faceless community with no accountability for what we say and we should be treated as such. There are a panel of lads and management putting in huge amounts of effort and the very least The Celt should be doing is talking to people that actually attended the game and not those who followed the game on twitter (as I did) and logged on here to comment.

If they really wanted public opinion then go on Twitter where whatever is said is fair game and in the public domain with a name behind whatever is said.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on February 06, 2013, 04:35:44 PM
My problem with it is the poor effort at journalism that it represents and the fact that it gives the impression (as Val did last year giving out about forums) that what we say on here matters at all. I enjoy coming on here and writing and reading opinions and small bits of information that I might not hear otherwise but I'm also very aware that it's easy to log on here on a Sunday evening and give an "opinion" on a game that I might not even have bothered to attend. This is a faceless community with no accountability for what we say and we should be treated as such. There are a panel of lads and management putting in huge amounts of effort and the very least The Celt should be doing is talking to people that actually attended the game and not those who followed the game on twitter (as I did) and logged on here to comment.

That sums it up nicely.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on February 06, 2013, 04:35:44 PM
Rodney to be fair I don't think there is anything inherently wrong in The Celt quoting from here, it's all in the public domain, anyone capable of reading The Celt is equally as capable of coming on here and looking at this thread.

My problem with it is the poor effort at journalism that it represents and the fact that it gives the impression (as Val did last year giving out about forums) that what we say on here matters at all
. I enjoy coming on here and writing and reading opinions and small bits of information that I might not hear otherwise but I'm also very aware that it's easy to log on here on a Sunday evening and give an "opinion" on a game that I might not even have bothered to attend. This is a faceless community with no accountability for what we say and we should be treated as such. There are a panel of lads and management putting in huge amounts of effort and the very least The Celt should be doing is talking to people that actually attended the game and not those who followed the game on twitter (as I did) and logged on here to comment.

If they really wanted public opinion then go on Twitter where whatever is said is fair game and in the public domain with a name behind whatever is said.

Well that is what I was talking about Westside. Anybody can read this fourm,obviously. But it shouldn't be our opinions being highlighted. We are just regular (faceless) fans, copying things from here onto the Celt makes it look like we are against Terry Hyland and his regime.