Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Itchy and Swords i will just clear this , I thought you were the same person as you were both asking Ridiculous questions on the Johnston topic.
Swords you should be able to see common sense. Posting a link from Setanta which was the exact same as mine from Hoganstand
- the Gaa link was just a follow up from the untrue stuff from Hoganstand and Setanta. Obvious. I couldn't find a article so i presumed Setanta would be enough for ya.(it was mentioned in the celt and then it the revealed he wasn't dropped)

Anyway that the end of it. Up Cavan.

Cavanboy

R.I.P. Det Garda Adrian Donohoe. Former cavan u21 and minor player. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Cavanboy on January 26, 2013, 11:55:21 AM
R.I.P. Det Garda Adrian Donohoe. Former cavan u21 and minor player. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

+1.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 25, 2013, 09:55:08 PM
Itchy and Swords i will just clear this , I thought you were the same person as you were both asking Ridiculous questions on the Johnston topic.
Swords you should be able to see common sense. Posting a link from Setanta which was the exact same as mine from Hoganstand
- the Gaa link was just a follow up from the untrue stuff from Hoganstand and Setanta. Obvious. I couldn't find a article so i presumed Setanta would be enough for ya.(it was mentioned in the celt and then it the revealed he wasn't dropped)

Anyway that the end of it. Up Cavan.

Good man Rodney - still fighting the good fight I see.

rodney trotter

Indeed Myles, as opposed to you talking a load of shite. Good to see you back.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 27, 2013, 05:13:08 PM
Indeed Myles, as opposed to you talking a load of shite. Good to see you back.

:-*

Denn Forever

Quote from: Cavanboy on January 26, 2013, 11:55:21 AM

Hard to stomach for 4000 euros?

The funeral arrangements for Garda Adrian Donohoe have been released.

Reposing at his home from 12 noon until 6pm on Tuesday (29th January).(HOUSE PRIVATE PLEASE AT ALL OTHER TIMES).
The removal will take place on Wednesday (30th January) to St. Joseph's Redemptorist Church, arriving for Mass at 12.30pm.
Funeral afterwards to Lordship Cemetery.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

scoopmine

Just want to add R.I.P. to Det Garda Adrian Donohoe...

Best off luck to the lads at the weekend. A good start is key. Hopefully all the injured players are back. Anyone know the lads that were playing Sigerson this week?

rodney trotter

Quote from: scoopmine on January 30, 2013, 11:31:16 AM
Just want to add R.I.P. to Det Garda Adrian Donohoe...

Best off luck to the lads at the weekend. A good start is key. Hopefully all the injured players are back. Anyone know the lads that were playing Sigerson this week?

Killian Clarke was playing with Athlone who beat Carlow IT, Niall Murray and Josh Hayes were playing with UCD. Simon Cadden is also on that panel,  James Farrelly was in in goals for DCU against UL but Jack Brady didn't feature.
Paul O Connor, David Hyland,  Damian Mckiernan lacken were involved for Sligo against Maynooth. Eugune Keating wasn't playing through Injury.
Few other games were postponed, Killian Moynagh older brother of Conor, is Corner back with NUI.
DIT have Martin Reilly, David Givney, Ross Sheridan - Killygarry, Stephen Cooney - Castlerahan, and Connor Martin from Lavey.

scoopmine

Good to see Martin Reilly back always thought he had the skill for intercounty if he bulked up abit. He was gone for a year. I didn' see him play any McKenna Cup action. Is he one the panel? He could be an option for frees which was being debated by lads on the hoganstand!

rodney trotter

Quote from: scoopmine on January 30, 2013, 02:09:18 PM
Good to see Martin Reilly back always thought he had the skill for intercounty if he bulked up abit. He was gone for a year. I didn' see him play any McKenna Cup action. Is he one the panel? He could be an option for frees which was being debated by lads on the hoganstand!

Yeah he did the cruciate ligament 2 years ago and took a while to recover. He is on the panel. He played in the Ryan Cup final with DIT but don't think he has played in the O Byrne Cup, must have picked up a knock.

cavanforever

Jack Brady was playing for DCU at centre back bit rare I must say though. Martin Reilly I believe is fully fit, he didnt play o byrne cup or mckenna cup due to exams so I heard

tommysmith

Cavan manager Terry Hyland has named his team to face Antrim in Sunday's NFL opener.

There are no huge surprises, with Denn's Tomas Corr - expected to start at midfield - missing out through injury. As revealed in this week's Anglo-Celt, Rory Dunne starts at full-back, five years exactly since he made his NFL debut against Armagh under Donal Keogan.

A number of players discarded by Val Andrews, including Alan Clarke, Cian Mackey and John McCutcheon, take their places.

Damien O'Reilly, listed at corner-forward, could line out at midfield to free David Givney to operate closer to goal, the Celt understands.

CAVAN: James Reilly (Drung), Oisin Minagh (Redhills), Dunne (Redhills), Damien Barkey (Ramor United), Padraic O'Reilly (Ballinagh), Alan Clarke (Kingscourt), John McCutcheon (Cootehill), Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), David Givney (Mountnugent), Cian Mackey (Castlerahan), Martin Reilly (Killygary), Damien O'Reilly (Belturbet), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Martin Dunne (Cavan Gaels), Niall McDermott (Ballinagh).

Itchy

Happy enough with the team but I think we will struggle to get the scores. Good to see Dunne, Givney and Martin Reilly back in there. Corr will be a loss for the bit if strength. I think we can win this game.

Westside

I don't think I'd like to see Damien Reilly at midfield.. But if Givney is only back from injury he may not be able for a full game in the center. Corr is a loss, he would jump into a cement mixer after a ball, not the most skillful but by God does he have tenacity.
I think Terry will want the team to make it very difficult for Antrim to get scores and hope we can do just enough up front to beat them, we won't be involved in any shootouts this year I would imagine!

I think it's very hard to call how this will go, we've been optimistic after McKenna Cup campaigns before, we've thought we had turned corners before, we've put huge emphasis on getting an opening win before and we've seen all that fall apart very very fast. Getting a win in Belfast is not an easy thing to ask of any side and we saw what they did to us in the final game of the league last year..