Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

And the guy Terry Hyland asked back was in May, nothing to do with Val Andrews as he was longer Cavan manager....

Itchy

Whats with the aggressive reply Rodney? First up I am not the same person as s_word. When I asked why Johnson was not playing with Cavan this year it was a rhetorical question, the  point being he doesn't want to play with Cavan anyway and that is his right. I don't dislike Johnson, I don't know him, I never met him and I certainly don't care who he plays for. But in my opinion he left Cavan to find success elsewhere and it had very little to do with being dropped/left of the panel. Thats just my opinion based on the evidence I see - you dont have to agree with me.

You can't drop players from a panel that doesn't exist, I'm being pedantic but it is still a valid point. I tried to explain to you that some of the 6 players were not selected due to injury and inability to commit - not because they were a bad influence or any smear on their character. I know the guy in May was asked in by Hyland and thats my point, he couldnt commit to Cavan then either - hence why he wasn't selected in the first place.

I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up about this. If it helps I'm not going to mention it again as its water under the bridge and I'm looking forward to an improved season with the seniors hopefully

rodney trotter

Well the replies sound quite a like between yourself aka word for word bewteen you and swords.

There was enough stuff said about Johnston, he is an amatuer player without making up lies etc about players been brought into the panel and playing against him. And you were the one getting worked up in the First place when i post the article from the Independent, so thats a bit hypocriteal.

But water under the bridge.
I

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 22, 2013, 09:18:24 PM
Well the replies sound quite a like between yourself aka word for word bewteen you and swords.

There was enough stuff said about Johnston, he is an amatuer player without making up lies etc about players been brought into the panel and playing against him. And you were the one getting worked up in the First place when i post the article from the Independent, so thats a bit hypocriteal.

I

Rodney - I am not posting under another name on this site, either accept it or don't thats up to you. Secondly, I did not say Miller was one of the 6 dropped so if you are going to accuse someone of lies at least accuse the correct person.
Trust me, I'm not getting worked up. Life is too short.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2013, 09:47:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 22, 2013, 09:18:24 PM

I

Rodney - I am not posting under another name on this site, either accept it or don't thats up to you. Secondly, I did not say Miller was one of the 6 dropped so if you are going to accuse someone of lies at least accuse the correct person.
Trust me, I'm not getting worked up. Life is too short.

Fair enough, I was referring to swords when he siad that about Miller i know you didn't say it. Thats the end of it.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2013, 09:10:23 PM
Whats with the aggressive reply Rodney? First up I am not the same person as s_word. When I asked why Johnson was not playing with Cavan this year it was a rhetorical question, the  point being he doesn't want to play with Cavan anyway and that is his right. I don't dislike Johnson, I don't know him, I never met him and I certainly don't care who he plays for. But in my opinion he left Cavan to find success elsewhere and it had very little to do with being dropped/left of the panel. Thats just my opinion based on the evidence I see - you dont have to agree with me.

You can't drop players from a panel that doesn't exist, I'm being pedantic but it is still a valid point. I tried to explain to you that some of the 6 players were not selected due to injury and inability to commit - not because they were a bad influence or any smear on their character. I know the guy in May was asked in by Hyland and thats my point, he couldnt commit to Cavan then either - hence why he wasn't selected in the first place.

I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up about this. If it helps I'm not going to mention it again as its water under the bridge and I'm looking forward to an improved season with the seniors hopefully

Eh yes you can, and thats what Dublin did this year, Eamonn Fennell was told he wasn't going to be needed among 6 or 7 others.

s__words

Firstly Rodney,I don't know Itchy and secondly you called me a liar when I said "I think you'll find it was widely reported at the time that James Reilly was one of the original six ", You said you'd show me newspaper articles to prove I was wrong,you didn't , but I showed you where it was reported that he was dropped.I honestly thought at the time that he was dropped,but then you come along call me a liar and failed to show that he wasn't dropped.
Then you assumed I was someone else(Itchy) and attack him!!! Did you ever hear the saying ass/u/me makes an ass ut of u and me.

As far I'm concerned  SJ or any other player are entitled to play where they like (club or county) as long as its within the rules of the GAA,but I still believe the main reason he left was to gain success and not "just to play football"

Also cast your mind back to this conversation 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tommysmith

Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
November 17, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »Sam you do know that Miller is still with Cavan and what is to say the other lads are not either.  A couple of fruit cakes on Hoganstand are causing all these rumours

rodney trotter

« Reply #10460 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped..

when Tommysmith stated that Miller wasn't dropped you replied that "It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped.." now as I recall in both the Celt and the Hoganstand Miller was named as one of the six.

You still calling me a liar, I don't really care as I reckon I don't need to reply to you again on this subject.

rodney trotter

Quote from: s__words on January 23, 2013, 01:52:09 AM
Firstly Rodney,I don't know Itchy and secondly you called me a liar when I said "I think you'll find it was widely reported at the time that James Reilly was one of the original six ", You said you'd show me newspaper articles to prove I was wrong,you didn't , but I showed you where it was reported that he was dropped.I honestly thought at the time that he was dropped,but then you come along call me a liar and failed to show that he wasn't dropped.
Then you assumed I was someone else(Itchy) and attack him!!! Did you ever hear the saying ass/u/me makes an ass ut of u and me.

As far I'm concerned  SJ or any other player are entitled to play where they like (club or county) as long as its within the rules of the GAA,but I still believe the main reason he left was to gain success and not "just to play football"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tommysmith

November 17, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »Sam you do know that Miller is still with Cavan and what is to say the other lads are not either.  A couple of fruit cakes on Hoganstand are causing all these rumours

rodney trotter

« Reply #10460 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped..

when Tommysmith stated that Miller wasn't dropped you replied that "It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped.." now as I recall in both the Celt and the Hoganstand Miller was named as one of the six.

You still calling me a liar, I don't really care as I reckon I don't need to reply to you again on this subject.

Yes in was in the Celt at the time but was since noticed that it was a mistake, Anyway sorry for ever pasting the link now (all the stress it has caused) , liar thing was probaly taking out of contest - so sorry .

rodney trotter

Quote from: s__words on January 23, 2013, 01:52:09 AM

tommysmith

rodney trotter

And if you take the time and look at my link again from Setanta it was when it was known that it was a mix up, the link you showed up is the same as Hoganstand a rumour which wasn't true. Thats why I pasted the link where he couldn't commit. Pretty obvious.

And the link you showed from the GAA site  after Andews left, only gave a few players were mentioned not even the 6 ,
and it mentioned Reilly as that what was believed at the time of the whole Cut from the panel , through Hoganstand, Setanata etc. When it was later revealed James Reilly wasn't dropped. But they were just going on that information so if you couldn't understand  that then sorry.

He gave an interview in the Celt which i cant find about working in Dublin. Maybe you will have better luck than me and you will find  it.

rodney trotter

Beyond stupidity to think somebody would be dropped with all the media spot light knowing and then be back on the team for the first   League game. That is defeating the whole purpose of dropping a player.

That's like Eamonn Fennall starting midfield for Dublin in the first Round of the National League, when he was dropped in November.
Andews did lots of daft things but he didn't do that. There was a panel for the McKenna Cup which obviously he wasn't able to play in. And that changed for the League,

Westside

Lads please, please for the sake of the sanity of forum regulars, just stop talking about that saga.

Itchy

The more I think about it the more this antrim game sticks out as being critical for us. Anyone have any news on Keating and Givney and Rory Dunne. We could really do with them back in the team for that game.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on January 23, 2013, 10:01:02 PM
Lads please, please for the sake of the sanity of forum regulars, just stop talking about that saga.

well i was trying too anyway.

tommysmith

Cavan Minor League 2013
Division 1

Erne Gaels
St. Felim's
St. Oliver Plunket's
Ramor Utd
Templeport
Laragh Utd
Crosserlough
Bailieborough