Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Down can probaly afford to miss a few key players whereas Cavan can't. Down were still missing Danny Hughes, Dan Gordon, Ambrose Rodgers,Donal O Hare.

Thought Cavan would win, but they brought on the likes of Coulter who I thought was injured, Connor Laverty and Liam Doyle. Class players. Down are a level above Cavan, they have been playing Division 1 league the last few years and got to the league semi last year, Cavan were lucky not to be relagated to div4 last year. It was a decent display against a good team.

scoopmine

Good to see Minagh and Alan Clarke playing hopefully they are still around come summertime. Any word on Lyng playing? Our half forwards do not want to shoot. Our gameplan seemed to be get the ball to Dunn and let him shoot. Come League time I can't see that working well. A lot of positives to take from our first day out

rodney trotter

Think lyng is still working in Mayo and can't give the commitment.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 08, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

Yeah, he is a teacher in Ballina or Knockmore or somewhere in North Mayo. Can't comment on whether it is a commitment thing or an injury thing. Great shame as he's a top player when he is going well.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on January 08, 2013, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 08, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

Yeah, he is a teacher in Ballina or Knockmore or somewhere in North Mayo. Can't comment on whether it is a commitment thing or an injury thing. Great shame as he's a top player when he is going well.

He is, but wasn't really going well for a few years with Cavan, injuries or confidence not sure not what it is. Think he is a very good player, but never really showed on his early form with Cavan when he first got on the panel. Then got a few serious injuries. He was very poor 2 years ago in the Championship against Donegal and against Longford in the qualifier.

Barry Reilly when he is fully fit is probaly the best play maker available. Hopefully he gets over his latest injury soon enough.

Itchy

Terry hyland after match reaction. Fairly grounded. Sorry for the interviewer, he is a tool.

http://www.northernsound.ie/sport/terry-hyland-disappointed-but-remains-upbeat/

tommysmith

QuoteArmagh GAA is pleased to announce the launch of its first ever live streaming service, "ARMAGH TV".

The first game to be streamed live on ArmaghGAA.net will be the senior team's Power NI McKenna Cup game against Cavan on Saturday 12th January at 7pm.

Could you please let the Cavan supporters know that they can watch the game at http://www.armaghgaa.net/armaghtv/

I'm sure your supporters overseas would be glad to watch.

Le meas

RĂ©amonn - PRO Ard Mhacha

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on January 10, 2013, 01:31:05 PM
QuoteArmagh GAA is pleased to announce the launch of its first ever live streaming service, "ARMAGH TV".

The first game to be streamed live on ArmaghGAA.net will be the senior team's Power NI McKenna Cup game against Cavan on Saturday 12th January at 7pm.

Could you please let the Cavan supporters know that they can watch the game at http://www.armaghgaa.net/armaghtv/

I'm sure your supporters overseas would be glad to watch.

Le meas

RĂ©amonn - PRO Ard Mhacha

That's great. Great to have both our games streamed live

tommysmith

It knocks any notion i had of going out of my head now.

Feet up on the coach with a few beers instead  :D

Itchy

I'd go if I could but work Saturday and won't get away on time. Still good to look back on the stream to analyse it.

anglocelt39

Cavan fans will see the familiar figure of Drung's James Reilly patrolling the goal line as he replaces Alan O'Meara between the posts. Kevin Meehan who left the field injured within minutes of throw in last Sunday remains unavailable for selection otherwise Terry Hyland has shown faith in last Sundays starting selection.

James Reilly.
Oisin Minagh, Killian Brady, Damian Barkey.
Padraic Reilly, Alan Clarke, John McCutcheon.
Tomas Corr, Gearoid McKiernan.
Damien O'Reilly, Declan McKiernan, Mark McKeever.
Cian Mackey, Martin Dunne, Niall McDermott

Hastings cup tomorrow against Offaly
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Hopefully we will play McDermott inside too.. He really needs to show his worth to the team. He has the potential and he's a good honest lad but he needs to make an impact. Hard to see us getting a result in Armagh. Great that it's being streamed for those of us who can't make the game.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on January 11, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
Hopefully we will play McDermott inside too.. He really needs to show his worth to the team. He has the potential and he's a good honest lad but he needs to make an impact. Hard to see us getting a result in Armagh. Great that it's being streamed for those of us who can't make the game.

Armagh are playing a real new look team so there should be a decent chance of getting a result. However, the result is not that important.

rodney trotter

Solid look to the half back line. Defence looks better this year with the likes of Moynagh, Alan Clarke and McCuthheon back on the panel. James McEnroe must be still injured, he hasn't featured yet.Damian Barkey is a good corner back aswell.

Itchy

U21s beat Offaly 0-15 to 1-5 today in Hastings cup, team was...

C Gilsenan, C Smith, K Clarke, C Brady, D McVitty, L Moynagh, A O Connell, B Sankey, P Graham, J Brady, E Reilly, K Duke, J Bradley, C Madden, A Graham.