Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 01:16:43 PM

Mayeb Celt man or somebody else can have their say on it I'm sure they have read it all at this stage. There is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.

Just because there is no concrete evidence does not mean it did not take place. (or did take place)

In a incident like this it is one or two persons word against another.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on November 29, 2012, 02:55:45 PM

Mayeb Celt man or somebody else can have their say on it I'm sure they have read it all at this stage. There is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.

Just because there is no concrete evidence does not mean it did not take place. (or did take place)

In a incident like this it is one or two persons word against another.

Well obviously...

Yeah so that makes it ok then ?

rodney trotter

Wtf are you getting at??

Where did i say it was acceptable. Who is to say the Cootehill was talking tripe? You don't Tommy and I don't know what was said.. Its his word against the Laken player.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 03:18:50 PM
Wtf are you getting at??

Where did i say it was acceptable. Who is to say the Cootehill was talking tripe? You don't Tommy and I don't know what was said.. Its his word against the Laken player.

I dont or never have said i knew what was said and dont know either party involved, im just trying to get you to open you're eyes and look at it from the other side.

QuoteThere is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.
Is this the best way to try and stop these incidents from taking place or  happening again?

QuoteA persons skin colour will always get a bigger issue but it shouldn't be that way
Why not its a offence to abuse someone because of there skin colour?

rodney trotter

Dose,
Quote from: tommysmith on November 29, 2012, 03:29:25 PM
Wtf are you getting at??

I dont or never have said i knew what was said and dont know either party involved, im just trying to get you to open you're eyes and look at it from the other side.

Your boring me now Tommy, thats the one answered

QuoteThere is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.
Is this the best way to try and stop these incidents from taking place or  happening again?

Eh, where did i say that Einstein, Perhaps if more people had heard it or the ref even
QuoteA persons skin colour will always get a bigger issue but it shouldn't be that way

read the full line ffs will you, i said it shouldn't be just colour of skin all types of verbals.

tommysmith

QuoteEh, where did i say that Einstein, Perhaps if more people had heard it or the ref even

[/b]

The date and time of when you said the above.

I dont think you understand racism and dont know how serious it is and how it wont help the GAA if it comes into our games and is not properly dealt with.

rodney trotter

Good man Tommy. Than
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 03:36:39 PM
Dose,
Quote from: tommysmith on November 29, 2012, 03:29:25 PM
Wtf are you getting at??

Your boring me now Tommy, thats the one answered

There is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.
Is this the best way to try and stop these incidents from taking place or  happening again?[/b]

Eh, where did i say that Einstein, Perhaps if more people had heard it or the ref even

read the full line ffs will you, i said it shouldn't be just colour of skin all types of verbals.
[/quote]

I was replying to that part, yet again you pick me up wrong.

rodney trotter

Off outside, done being a internet troll for the day. :)

tommysmith

Im sorry but i have to log off this now, the systems are back up here.

It was nice trying to get through to you maybe next time although i dont have much time as i used to to come online.

You on the other hand seem to have plenty of free time as over the last month as you have nearly every second post on this thread so maybe you should use a bit of that time to looking into how we can tackle racism in GAA and life in general.

xxxx

rodney trotter

Ciao for now Thomas. Maybe next time you will take the time to read a full paragraph before you start copying and pasting rubbish.

anglocelt39

There was a strong Cavan connection as Dublin IT were crowed the Higher Education Division One League champions on Thursday last when they overcame St. Mary's, Belfast on a scoreline of 1-16 to 1-15 after extra-time.

In an entertaining game played out on a cold winter's night in Mayobridge Co. Down the Dublin college had strong Cavan representation who all played a vital part in a stirring fightback from DIT.

Trailing by five points at one stage in the second half, DIT looked like they would be heading back down the M1 motorway empty handed and bitterly disappointed with their display against an extremely well organised St. Mary's outfit under the guidance of renowned trainer Paddy Tally, who enjoyed success as a trainer under Mickey Harte in Tyrone.

However the Killygarry duo of Martin Reilly and Ross Sheridan, who started at wing-forward and wing-back respectively, stepped up to the plate to kick vital scores for their team over the course of the hour with Reilly in particular catching the eye with a sublime left-footed effort under pressure out on the right wing.

St Mary's who had been reduced to 14 men midway through the second half were under severe pressure late on and DIT heavily dominated proceedings through the midfield pairing of Mayo's Aidan O'Shea and Mountnugent and Cavan star David Givney.

A goal approaching injury-time was enough to force the game into extra-time and Martin Reilly and Givney both chipped in with points, the latter of the two notching the all important winner in the closing stages, as DIT emerged as league champions for the second time in three years.

Shercock's Brian Sankey, Castlerahan's Stephen Cooney and Lavey's Conor Martin were unused substitutes on the night, while Bailieborough Shamrocks Alan O'Mara is a selector with the team.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Itchy

Well boys (and girls), its december so surely time to start thinking about next year for the county team.

U21's

Rd 1 Home to Monaghan
Semi - Cavan/Monaghan vrs armagh/Fermanagh/Down

Might not be as great a draw as it looked, Monaghan made Ulster minor last year but I'm hopefull we can make the semi and no reason why the final would not be possible.

Minors

I'll be honest and say I don't have a clue how good we are or how good armagh are but sure a home game to start is good. Would be great to see the lads do something at this level again after the terrible show last year.

Seniors

I'm confident the right man is in charge now. I'm also confident we can make a strong spine of a team with the likes of Killian Clarke, McCutcheon, Givney, McKiernan, Keating, Barry Reilly etc. Do we have any older player though with quality and experience in their late 20's to help them - I don't think so. I will take a stab at a team and see what ye think...

- New Keeper - I'm not sure who but the age of being a good shot stopper and hammering your kicks up the field is long gone and for me James Reillys time is gone. You need to be smart with the kicks, you need to read the game in front of you.
- McLoughlin (is he available?)
- Killian Clarke
- Damien Reilly

- Alan Clarke
- McCutcheon
- McKeever

- Givney
- Ciaran Galligan

- Barry Reilly
- G McKiernan
- Jack Brady

- Niall McDermott
- Keating
- K Tierney

Sub bench would then consist of the likes of Declan McKiernan, Joe Dillon, Oisin Minagh, Niall Murray, Niall Smith etc

Westside

Early indications as to who is on the Cavan Panel in the Fitzsimon Cup. Lost by a goal to Meath.

A O'Mara J Hayes P Carroll N O'Reilly P O'Reilly J McEnroe D Reilly G McKiernan T Corr C Mackey M Reilly M McKeever K Meehan D Hyland N McDermott

Keating, Alan Clarke, Oisin O'Connel, Kevin Tierney all featured too. Can only pray that Carroll isn't being considered as a realistic option for fullback for the coming year. Good to see Mackey and Alan Clarke in there though, two lads that have something to offer for certain.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on December 02, 2012, 02:55:38 PM
Well boys (and girls), its december so surely time to start thinking about next year for the county team.

U21's

Rd 1 Home to Monaghan
Semi - Cavan/Monaghan vrs armagh/Fermanagh/Down

Might not be as great a draw as it looked, Monaghan made Ulster minor last year but I'm hopefull we can make the semi and no reason why the final would not be possible.

Minors

I'll be honest and say I don't have a clue how good we are or how good armagh are but sure a home game to start is good. Would be great to see the lads do something at this level again after the terrible show last year.

Seniors

I'm confident the right man is in charge now. I'm also confident we can make a strong spine of a team with the likes of Killian Clarke, McCutcheon, Givney, McKiernan, Keating, Barry Reilly etc. Do we have any older player though with quality and experience in their late 20's to help them - I don't think so. I will take a stab at a team and see what ye think...

- New Keeper - I'm not sure who but the age of being a good shot stopper and hammering your kicks up the field is long gone and for me James Reillys time is gone. You need to be smart with the kicks, you need to read the game in front of you.
- McLoughlin (is he available?)
- Killian Clarke
- Damien Reilly

- Alan Clarke
- McCutcheon
- McKeever

- Givney
- Ciaran Galligan

- Barry Reilly
- G McKiernan
- Jack Brady

- Niall McDermott
- Keating
- K Tierney

Sub bench would then consist of the likes of Declan McKiernan, Joe Dillon, Oisin Minagh, Niall Murray, Niall Smith etc

What will Ciaran Galligan bring that we haven't seen before. Honest  and committed player that gives his all but not good enough for county senior level imo, he has had plenty of chances in the past. Think Killian Clarke will need to get stonger for a County Senior full back, still next year and 2014 as a u21. Rory Dunne I think is our best full back, if he is fullly fit. Last few years have been terrible at Senior level, need to start performing next year.

Itchy

Galligan has been tried but I actually believe there is football in him. He's athletic and can get around the park. Don't need him to score or do anything fancy, just track runners support attacks and keep it simple. Just my opinion. Dunne could be an asset but can he stay injury free?