Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

How did Darren Hughes end up playing at the Ballyhaise?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: scoopmine on November 26, 2012, 11:20:51 PM
How did Darren Hughes end up playing at the Ballyhaise?

I'm guessing he is doing a course in Agriculture/Farming or some sort.
If only he could be "persuaded" to stay around the area and play for Ballyhaise and Cavan, we would be laughing!!!!!!
Its how the great Enda McGowan came to play with us afterall.

rodney trotter

Charges against the Lacken player dropped due to lack of evidence, pity that wasn't the case before they had it in every paper in the country... talking shite about the player who was suppose to have said the remarks.

PhilsJemmysField

Racism in any form is serious stuff and our disciplinary proceedings in Cavan sometimes have a nasty habit of brushing shit under Carpets. Not saying that this happened but can we be 100% sure. The GAA has to lead the way in 100% getting rid of this shit.At the moment it may only be a caution and is very unclear what the punishment is for Race issues. This needs to be clarified. In Killinkere we had a nasty incident where somebody said something horrible to a young lad from an opposing team which ended up in that person walking away from CLub at an underage meeting where they felt it was Ok to throw shit . Maybe not right either but if people cannot allow some young lad of colour to kick a ball without some form of a snide remark it has to be a disgrace

rodney trotter

Obviously racism is a big thing, so is somebody abusing a club player about having a family member having disabilities or a family member being ill personal stuff like that too. Heard that stuff before too, but the player who it was directed too let it moved on..
Because its racism is a whole big thing and only it should count. Gaa are trying to copy the premier league with the whole suarez , john terry etc.

I don't know if that player from killinere was looked at on video evidence, they looked cleary at the incident of the Lacken player and came up with nothing. Clattenburg the ref was getting dogs abuse and it was later revealed he never said any racist remarks.

Very dangerous thing to accuse somebody of something without full evidence.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 27, 2012, 12:44:43 PM
Charges against the Lacken player dropped due to lack of evidence, pity that wasn't the case before they had it in every paper in the country... talking shite about the player who was suppose to have said the remarks.

Can you be sure he didnt say what he accused off saying?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on November 28, 2012, 10:10:22 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 27, 2012, 12:44:43 PM

Can you be sure he didnt say what he accused off saying?

Ffs I can't lipread. I heard nothing about it end of - the Co board saw nothing on video. Maybe give him a dial and ask him yourself tommy.

rodney trotter

While your at it phone Joe Duffy and then the Guards, you wanted them involved I recall. :P

boojangles

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 28, 2012, 05:31:15 PM
Obviously racism is a big thing, so is somebody abusing a club player about having a family member having disabilities or a family member being ill personal stuff like that too. Heard that stuff before too, but the player who it was directed too let it moved on..
Because its racism is a whole big thing and only it should count. Gaa are trying to copy the premier league with the whole suarez , john terry etc.
I don't know if that player from killinere was looked at on video evidence, they looked cleary at the incident of the Lacken player and came up with nothing. Clattenburg the ref was getting dogs abuse and it was later revealed he never said any racist remarks.

I don't get what you mean here Rodney? How are the GAA trying to copy the Premier League?

If the Cootehill player made a complaint and Cootehill followed it up it would obviously have to be fully investigated. However  it has to be said that the use of video evidence is a waste of time. It's not like Sky cameras where they have up close shots. It basically was one players word (and maybe a few witnesses) against another players word.

We should always presume innocence until proven otherwise and I don't know the details of this case but I know if I was the Lacken player and I was innocent I wouldn't be a happy bunny to put it mildly.

rodney trotter

Quote from: boojangles on November 29, 2012, 12:23:27 AM

I don't get what you mean here Rodney? How are the GAA trying to copy the Premier League?

If the Cootehill player made a complaint and Cootehill followed it up it would obviously have to be fully investigated. However  it has to be said that the use of video evidence is a waste of time. It's not like Sky cameras where they have up close shots. It basically was one players word (and maybe a few witnesses) against another players word.

We should always presume innocence until proven otherwise and I don't know the details of this case but I know if I was the Lacken player and I was innocent I wouldn't be a happy bunny to put it mildly.

What I mean is, maybe they focus too much on and incident like Racism too much, not saying its acceptable and let other snide remarks which IMO opinion are as bad or worse thaN racsim , personal insults about Family.

Why should it be ok for somebody to insult a player about a players family, But as soon as its Racism fook everything else it should be loooked at. A persons skin colour will always get a bigger issue but it shouldn't be that way, should be a level playing field.

And Imo it wasn't right that this incident was in the National papers without full evidence. A disgrace in my opinion.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: boojangles on November 29, 2012, 12:23:27 AM

What I mean is, maybe they focus too much on and incident like Racism too much, not saying its acceptable and let other snide remarks which IMO opinion are as bad or worse thaN racsim , personal insults about Family.

Why should it be ok for somebody to insult a player about a players family, But as soon as its Racism fook everything else it should be loooked at. A persons skin colour will always get a bigger issue but it shouldn't be that way, should be a level playing field.

And Imo it wasn't right that this incident was in the National papers without full evidence. A disgrace in my opinion.

You do know that there are laws against rasicm in this country?

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 29, 2012, 11:34:01 AM
Yeah Tommy there is, there is a thing called having concrete evidence too ya know..
Not one persons word against another.

I was not talking about any incident in general i just find the way you making little of racism as evident in this statement quiet strange.

rodney trotter

I explained that I thought they didn't focus on other verbal insults if you read it fully.
Maybe saying they focus on racism too much might have sounded like I was dismissing Racism well no I wasn't. Of course its a big thing. Bigger going at the minute.

A level playing field between other personal verbals is what i was talking about...

anglocelt39

Tricky one all right and I can see both sides of the argument. Racism on a GAA pitch or anywhere else for that matter is unacceptable, just as it is unacceptable that false/unfounded accusations of racism against somebody are raised. There wasn't much to be racist about when I was kicking a ball up that way but the odd bit of "sectarian banter" did creep in occasionally in the heat of the moment. Probably resulted in a few lads being lost to the game or not pursuing it in the first place. Is that sort of shite governed by law at this stage or is it still a case of suck it up and get on with it?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

rodney trotter

Nobody is talking about this on Hoganstand now. Not dismissing racism before Tommy you get the knife out again, I only brought the thing back up the other day as it was brought up here first by Westside. I knew nothing about it until then. When I heard there was no clear evidence thats why i mentioned it.

Mayeb Celt man or somebody else can have their say on it I'm sure they have read it all at this stage. There is no conrete evidence so its done and dusted in my opinion.