Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 02, 2012, 03:14:04 PM
Just heard that, 10-9.. Gaels wont be winning Ulster for a while yet Myels, i remember you said they would win it soon enough during the Johnston transfer ::)

I'll try and keep it together following the disappointment of that result. Dont recall saying that anyway, please produce your evidence.

rodney trotter

Myles you have obviously deleted it, you said it on the Seanie Johnston transfer forum which was on the main forum for six months couldn't find those lines.

mylestheslasher

I deleted nothing mate. If its not there I didn't write it. I do recall saying I'd be delighted to see the Gaels win Ulster without him not sure I said that I thought they would do it though. You are very excited about this, why so?

rodney trotter

Yes Myles I'm excited about Killygarry winning the Championship^

Maybe thats what you siad, we will leave it at that.

Bananas

Surprised by the Gaels result. They hadn't been playing that well but I thought they'd have had enough to see off Killygarry today. Didn't make it into the game due to work commitments, could somebody shed some light on what happened after the full time whistle? Any red cards shown?

No surprise to see the other 3 ease their way into the semi's. It's Kingscourt's to lose now and the winner will surely come from that semi final. The same could be said for the Lacken vs Crosserlough semi final.

PhilsJemmysField

was at most of the games at the weekend, In intermediate, thought Lacken lads were an example of Power play, McCutcheon and speed of Cootehill forwards were very good, McKiernan was unfortunately excellent and we could not live with him or Michael Cunningham.  Then in the senior all very poor games really and standard was weird. Gaels have only themselves t blame and were not up t scratch against Killygarry where Thomas had good moments. Bud was good against Castlerahan at times and Sean Brady showed flashes of past form. Mullahoran and the Nagh was a very strange affair and as bad as our man as Ref in the Gaels game. The decisions in this game were wild at times

tommysmith

Quote from: Richiej on July 29, 2012, 05:49:58 AM
These w**kers hate the hoganstand but they cant take their eyes off it for news. Their bollox wouldnt get printed there so the " seanie hater "myles would be banned long ago. He use to be there ... the p***k!
I see Seanie is just 3 steps away from the celtic cross.............Word is he will be back playing with the gaels soon......if that move rags mylesthe"seanie hater" well im all for it!
So bananas post away with your crap about who dissapoints you and who doesnt,
The Oliver Plunkett Cup Will still be around the Rossa come late Sept.
Pop in and have a look if your passing..........Maybe those Gaels players who have dissapointed you might be there to welcome you!

I wonder where our good friend RichieJ had gone to , this is a part of his last post here.

Poor fellow got it all wrong  :-[

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on September 05, 2012, 11:06:38 AM
These w**kers hate the hoganstand but they cant take their eyes off it for news. Their bollox wouldnt get printed there so the " seanie hater "myles would be banned long ago. He use to be there ... the p***k!
I see Seanie is just 3 steps away from the celtic cross.............Word is he will be back playing with the gaels soon......if that move rags mylesthe"seanie hater" well im all for it!
Pop in and have a look if your passing..........Maybe those Gaels players who have dissapointed you might be there to welcome you!

I wonder where our good friend RichieJ had gone to , this is a part of his last post here.

;D Nice bump Tommy!!!

Bananas

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 05, 2012, 02:44:26 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on September 05, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

;D Nice bump Tommy!!!

Hahahaha I might tip into the rossa for a look in a few weeks and see what's there to behold!  ;D

I see Richie has vanished from the Hoganstand forums as well. I'm sure he'll be back next year under a different alias. Up there with tomsmith as the two biggest jokers going  ::)

tommysmith

I dont mind tomsmith he is a obvious wum .

Anyway bananas, has anyone caught you're eye during the championship, i have been at feck all games myself this year.

Bananas

Quote from: tommysmith on September 06, 2012, 10:30:47 AM

Anyway bananas, has anyone caught you're eye during the championship, i have been at feck all games myself this year.

Yeah that's true! Been to a lot of games this year, particularly Intermediate and Senior, and despite the standard being shocking there have been a few great individual performances I think. A few that who weren't (I don't think but correct me if I'm wrong) involved in the county set up against Donegal and caught my eye were:

Oisin O'Connell (Castlerahan) - Good playmaker and scorer, best player I've seen this summer.

Cian Mackey (Castlerahan) - Never seemed to do much at intercounty level but has been impressive all year for Castlerahan, even though he's slightly small for midfield. Good man to win breaking ball.

Kevin ''Chops'' McConnell (Belturbet) - Terrier at CHB and a nightmare for any number 11 to come up against. Some say he may be too small height-wise for intercounty but that's debatable.

Mark Teevan - (Belturbet) - Had a disaster of a game in the quarter final but has been playing great stuff up until then and has the makings of a good footballer.

PP Galligan - (Mullahoran) Definitely Mullahoran's standout player at centre field. Big lad who can catch ball and distributes well.

Hard to judge Kingscourt and Killygarry players as I don't think the games I've seen them play in this year were a fair representation. But 4 players who impressed me before were Alan Wakely and Alan Clarke (Kingscourt) and Ross Sheridan and Donal Thomas (Killygarry)

A few others were:
John McCutcheon (Cootehill)
Niall Madden (Gowna)
Mark Cunningham (Swanlinbar)
Darragh McGovern (Kildallon)
Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
Niall McKiernan (Lacken)
Keith Fannin (Drumgoon)

I'm not saying these should be intercounty players by any means but they have been impressive when I've seen them more than once. Other players I've seen are either involved with the county team or I haven't seen them enough to give a fair opinion.

Not that my opinion matters really  8)

rodney trotter

Quote from: Bananas on September 06, 2012, 02:42:38 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on September 06, 2012, 10:30:47 AM

Yeah that's true! Been to a lot of games this year, particularly Intermediate and Senior, and despite the standard being shocking there have been a few great individual performances I think. A few that who weren't (I don't think but correct me if I'm wrong) involved in the county set up
against Donegal and caught my eye were:

Oisin O'Connell (Castlerahan) - Good playmaker and scorer, best player I've seen this summer.

Cian Mackey (Castlerahan) - Never seemed to do much at intercounty level but has been impressive all year for Castlerahan, even though he's slightly small for midfield. Good man to win breaking ball.

Kevin ''Chops'' McConnell (Belturbet) - Terrier at CHB and a nightmare for any number 11 to come up against. Some say he may be too small height-wise for intercounty but that's debatable.

Mark Teevan - (Belturbet) - Had a disaster of a game in the quarter final but has been playing great stuff up until then and has the makings of a good footballer.

PP Galligan - (Mullahoran) Definitely Mullahoran's standout player at centre field. Big lad who can catch ball and distributes well.

Hard to judge Kingscourt and Killygarry players as I don't think the games I've seen them play in this year were a fair representation. But 4 players who impressed me before were Alan Wakely and Alan Clarke (Kingscourt) and Ross Sheridan and Donal Thomas (Killygarry)

A few others were:
John McCutcheon (Cootehill)
Niall Madden (Gowna)
Mark Cunningham (Swanlinbar)
Darragh McGovern (Kildallon)
Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
Niall McKiernan (Lacken)
Keith Fannin (Drumgoon)

I'm not saying these should be intercounty players by any means but they have been impressive when I've seen them more than once. Other players I've seen are either involved with the county team or I haven't seen them enough to give a fair opinion.

Not that my opinion matters really  8)

I think you meant Michael and not Mark Cunningham. Mark Cunningham is in Oz.Big miss for Swad ,but they have been going well without him.

Bananas

Yes, my mistake! Don't think they will have enough to get past Cootehill but it could go either way.

As I was saying on Hoganstand I can't believe the scoreline of the recent Kingscourt league game. 2-17 to 0-01 is some win. They look like strong favourites for the senior championship.

rodney trotter

I don't think much could be read out of that result tbh, Ballyhaise have been out of the championship about 2 weeks, and i doubt they have trained since then, as they are doomed in the league with only 2 games left. Still it was a good scoring from kingscourt, and they will have Joe Dillon back for the semi aswell.

BallyhaiseMan

Lads
Pay no attention to that scoreline,
Our juniors and Kingscourts juniors were playing in a Championship quarter final replay in Kingscourts on Tuesday,
Kingscourt won that, The senior league game between both was then scheduled for 8.45 afterwards
Unfortunately we were missing virtually all of our senior team for various reasons and 10-11 of the poor lads on the junior team had to trapse back out after a hard game and take on probably the best senior club team in the county. It was the likes of Barry Reily,Alan Clarke. Ryan McCormack and co against tired Ballyhaise Junior players.
We should have just given them a walkover to tell you the truth.