Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Ballinagh and Cornafean were together at minor for the last 2/3 years and at u21. Last year was the first year Lacken joined up with those clubs at u21. Lacken had its own minor team last year, but are joined up with Gowna this year. In 2010 lacken were joined with Crosserlough at minor level and u21 that year too. Every year is different. They are sticking with the Ballinagh, Cornafean and Lacken this year at u21 as far as I know.

Westside

Does anyone know if fixtures have been made for the Minor Championship? I know the draw has been made but have venues and dates been released? I'd like to get to Templeport and West CG's games (potentially a meeting of the two but unlikely)

Celt_Man

Quote from: Westside on August 02, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
Does anyone know if fixtures have been made for the Minor Championship? I know the draw has been made but have venues and dates been released? I'd like to get to Templeport and West CG's games (potentially a meeting of the two but unlikely)

Wednesday 8th August

Farnham Arms Hotel Minor Championship Division 1
Preliminary Round
Templeport v North Eastern Gaels
Bawnboy at 7.30pm
Referee: Jim Giblin
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

So after Round 2 of the Intermediate Championship

Drumlane
Killeshandra
Cootehill
Crosserlough
Lacken

are all confirmed for the Quarter Finals
then either Ballyhaise or Drung, Cavan Gaels or Swanlinbar, Shercock or Killinkere will fill the other three places.

Ballyhaise need to get a point against us to be sure of qualifying as Drung will surely be expect to beat Bultersbridge who are already out

Swanlinbar play Bailieboro and the Gaels play Crosserlough - Gaels need to better Swanlinbar's result to go through

Killinkere can afford to draw, Shercock need to win

Round 3 isn't being played until 25/26th

Denn Forever

Interesting cometition from main GAA board.

http://209.200.237.116/~gaabo3/board/index.php?topic=22037.0

we are hosting the first ever all Ireland free taking/point scoring competition. This competition is played out over 6 elimination rounds to determine the best free taker in Ireland. The eventual winner will be crowned a New All Ireland Champion and receive an estimated €10,000 first prize,
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Templeport upset the odds tonight, beat Larah/Kill/Drung by a point. They meet West Cavan Gaels (Kildallan/Shannon Gaels/Swad/Corlough) now. Great to see the lads from the West competing at Division 1 level.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on August 08, 2012, 09:36:19 PM
Templeport upset the odds tonight, beat Larah/Kill/Drung by a point. They meet West Cavan Gaels (Kildallan/Shannon Gaels/Swad/Corlough) now. Great to see the lads from the West competing at Division 1 level.

Fair play to them, not only as a west Cavan team but as a team that didn't amalgamate.

mylestheslasher

Good luck to the juniors tomorrow, its a big ask but we are there on merit and no reason we can't do the job.

scoopmine

Kerry 1 8 Cavan 1 3 Half time...

mylestheslasher

I hear we were beaten, anyone got the score.

anglocelt39

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Hard luck to the lads. Was always going to be tough losing the players that got runs with the senior team since the Leinster final, an issue I'm sure Kerry didn't have. Still great to win a provincial title no matter what the level.

Celt_Man

Minor Championship Division 1

Templeport 1-10 West Cavan Gaels (Kildallon / Corlough / Shannon Gaels / Swanlinbar) 1-13

Lavey / Castlerahan 1-11 Oliver Plunkets (Cavan Gaels / Killygarry) 2-6

St. Joseph's (Killeshandra / Arva) 1-8 O'Raghallaigh Gaels (Kingscourt / Shercock) 2-14

Minor Championship Division 2A

St Killians (Cuchullainns / Killinkere) 2-7 Erne Gaels (Redhills / Belturbet / Butlersbridge) 3-13

Drumlane 1-5 Drumbo (Ballyhaise / Drumalee) 0-12

Minor Championship Division 2B

Eastern Gaels (Bailieborough / Knockbride) 0-12 St Felim's (Ballinagh / Cornafean) 0-7

Eire Og Celtic (Cootehill / Drumgoon) 1-11 Ballymachugh 2-11

Ramor United 3-12 Crosserlough 1-11

rodney trotter

The West Cavan combination is a bit over the top with 4 clubs. Suppose they had to go with 4 clubs to compete in Div1.. Templeport did well to beat one amalgamation in the first round, Facing 4 clubs was a big ask, even if them clubs would be no world beaters on their own.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2012, 12:38:57 PM
The West Cavan combination is a bit over the top with 4 clubs. Suppose they had to go with 4 clubs to compete in Div1.. Templeport did well to beat one amalgamation in the first round, Facing 4 clubs was a big ask, even if them clubs would be no world beaters on their own.

Its no more over the top than Erne Gaels who are playing in Division 2 with 3 teams two of which are Senior clubs.

Do clubs pick what divison they want to play it?