Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC1

What training methods would these be exactly? Seeing as you know so much about Cavan football I am genuinely interested in this...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

mylestheslasher

I never mentioned mars bars but don't let the truth get in the way of your anger. The traitor is gone, end of story and he'll win nothing where he is either no matter what guru trains them as they are not good enough.

As for this pathetic harping back to the 70's, an era where the grip we had on provincial titles at senior level was finally relinguished. Many of them were good for nothing but drinking and you know it. Now go away to some anger management classes like a good lad.

Richiej

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 28, 2012, 10:43:44 AM
I never mentioned mars bars but don't let the truth get in the way of your anger. The traitor is gone, end of story and he'll win nothing where he is either no matter what guru trains them as they are not good enough.

As for this pathetic harping back to the 70's, an era where the grip we had on provincial titles at senior level was finally relinguished. Many of them were good for nothing but drinking and you know it. Now go away to some anger management classes like a good lad.

Traitor??? You still dont get it do you. You should really find out exactly what happened from the day Andrews dropped Seanie and 5 others right up to the Hyland being appointed. Find out the truth.i DID..And there are more to blame than Seanie,  Ask your buddy Steven.

Whether he wins anything or not is no concern of mine ,He has 8/9 senior Championship and 3/4 minor championship medals in the phoca and there not too many in Cavan that have that claim to fame.
Also he seems to be still capable of kicking the ball over the bar despite no full game played in 9 months.. and thats another thing not to many on the present cavan senior team can claim to be able to do.

cogito

Richie, I too would love to know about these training methods you speak of.

And as for claim to fame. His claim to fame nationwide is for deserting his native county and running off to chase medals. Get out of your bubble and go talk to some neutrals on the issue.

Richiej

Cogito ... Using remember directing any of my posts as an answer to any of your posts. As I said to mylestheslasher gets the facts straight before you talk about who deserted what and why. As you well kno Seanie is in Cavan more often than he is not and is approachable. Now I'd say he would "let you in" on the ins and outs of kildares training methods. I know a lot of their work on the pitch this time of the year involves the use of a ball... You know "football" the round thing..our attitude in Cavan seems to be if we get 30 lads to commit , not drink, do what they are told, live like hermits then we will have success in a few years just because they were successful at underage. That's just bullshit old-fashioned way... Because it's impossible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. And hyland will prove that fact over the next few years.

mylestheslasher

My buddy Stephen, ha shows how much you know about me.

packiedevlin

Lads, can we just leave the seanie situation now , its done and dusted so lets move on. We're sick and tired of going over and over it again and again. Hes not worth talking about one second longer. We should be talking about the club championship or the Cavan junior game against Kerry and not seanie flaming johnson! In going with that, Killeshandra were mighty lucky last night with 2 pens in the last  5 minutes, it was very very harsh on BMH who were the best team for the full 60mins. Hopefully they can pick themselves up for next week and give Drumlane a good rattle. Killeshandra will have to improve greatly if they're going to stay in the championship very long as they're playing very poorly and have been in the last few games, a number of the players are just not performing for whatever reason. 

cogito

Quote from: Richiej on July 28, 2012, 12:47:05 PM
Cogito ... Using remember directing any of my posts as an answer to any of your posts. As I said to mylestheslasher gets the facts straight before you talk about who deserted what and why. As you well kno Seanie is in Cavan more often than he is not and is approachable. Now I'd say he would "let you in" on the ins and outs of kildares training methods. I know a lot of their work on the pitch this time of the year involves the use of a ball... You know "football" the round thing..our attitude in Cavan seems to be if we get 30 lads to commit , not drink, do what they are told, live like hermits then we will have success in a few years just because they were successful at underage. That's just bullshit old-fashioned way... Because it's impossible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. And hyland will prove that fact over the next few years.

This is a discussion board. Everyone is entitled to join in a conversation. That is the point. Duh!

Im with you on that Packie. We should forget about the county teams woes for now. Lets let our clubs have their time.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: packiedevlin on July 28, 2012, 12:48:28 PM
Lads, can we just leave the seanie situation now , its done and dusted so lets move on. We're sick and tired of going over and over it again and again. Hes not worth talking about one second longer. We should be talking about the club championship or the Cavan junior game against Kerry and not seanie flaming johnson! In going with that, Killeshandra were mighty lucky last night with 2 pens in the last  5 minutes, it was very very harsh on BMH who were the best team for the full 60mins. Hopefully they can pick themselves up for next week and give Drumlane a good rattle. Killeshandra will have to improve greatly if they're going to stay in the championship very long as they're playing very poorly and have been in the last few games, a number of the players are just not performing for whatever reason.

Wasn't home for the game. Who scored the pens and what was the FF line that started?

I think Killeshandra should have a good team but the confidence must be low - sometimes winning a game in a poxy manner like that can get that little bit of momentum you need to go on a winning run.

Ollie

The last few pages on this thread make for tough reading with the usual few idiots getting involved in "bitch fight" type behaviour. I'm making a plea at the mods to ban posters who post constant rubbish & engage in personal spats with other users. The last thing we need is another hoganstand type forum.

rodney trotter

If I get the chop, it was emotional..

Bananas

Hello to all, new to the thread and hope I can contribute in some way. Often read the comments here as most posters seem to be more open-minded and mature in comparison to those on Hoganstand and then I decided I'd register.

I see RichieJ has extended the audience to which he spouts nonsense to so as soon as I set up my ignore list (if there is one) I should be good to go!

Been to 5 of the club championship games so far this week and haven't really been impressed at all. Some of the football has been shocking. This was my rundown on events (apologies if it's too lengthy) :

Gaels vs Lavey:
The Gaels looked disjointed against Lavey but never had to take it up a notch because they looked comfortable throughout even though they never led by much at any stage. Lavey looked like exactly what they are, a young, inexperienced team but there is a lot of players to work with there.

Players who impressed me : Gaels - Martin Dunne and Mickey Lyng (sub) .. Lavey - Darren Smith, Shane Tierney and Joey Jordan

Players who disappointed me : Gaels - Conor McClarey and Declan Meehan .. Lavey - Karl Duke

Ballyhaise vs Butlersbridge
Only got in for the second half of the Butlersbridge vs Ballyhaise game so hard to comment but from the sounds of things I didn't miss much. Ballyhaise looked unsure of themselves in the second half but managed to rack up a nice tally in the end despite having a man sent off and the team looking short of ideas at times. Does anybody know is Ray Cullivan on holidays or injured? Could be a game winner for Ballyhaise in a close game.

Players who impressed me: Butlersbridge - No.21 at full forward caused problems (Unsure of name... Keith Gumley?)
Ballyhaise - Stephen Smith and Shane McKiernan

Players who disappointed me: N/A

Castlerahan vs Ramor :
Castlerahan ran riot against a shocking (albeit inexperienced) Ramor team. Ramor looked clueless as to what each player's job was and they didn't know what to do when they got the ball. Anton Reilly and James McEnroe are two huge losses though. Castlerahan looked very good and took their foot off the gas for the last few minutes.

Players who impressed me: Castlerahan - Oisin O'Connell (Kicked about 1-08), Cian Mackey, Enda O'Connell
Ramor - Aaron Farrelly (One good save, solid kickouts) and Simon Cadden

Players who disappointed me: Castlerahan - N/A
Ramor - Jack Brady, Damien Barkey, Ado Cole

Cootehill vs Drung: A tightly contested game that I would not describe as exciting by any means. Cootehill sealed the game with a well taken goal by Enda Hessin and Drung never looked like coming back. Joshua Hayes injured/away?

Players who impressed me: Cootehill- Enda Hessin, John McCutcheon (My motm)
Drung- Killian Monahan

Players who disappointed me: Cootehill- N/A
Drung - Barry Watters, Michael McEntee, Paddy McEntee

Belturbet vs Drumalee
An important game by all accounts but Belturbet's efficient target man tactics proved the difference in my opinion. Ollie Donohoes proved a handful on the edge of the square and Bleturbet are the first team that I have seen use the new square ball rule to great effect. He was indirectly involved in both goals as a high ball in on the square caused chaos frequently. Beltrubet's inaccuracy in front of goal may cost them against a stronger side though.

Players who impressed me: Belturbet - Mark Teevan, Johnny Klusche, Kevin McConnell
Drumalee - Mickey Brennan (Solid free taker), Damien Donohoe (Worked hard, some great passes)

Players who disappointed me: Belturbet - N/A. (Jayo and Bud got a nice goal each but will need to do more against a stronger team.)

Drumalee - Jimmy Fallon, Kevin Donohoe.

That's just my take on things. Would love to hear the opinions of others regarding the club championship and less talk about Seanie J and co!

Richiej

Quote from: Bananas on July 29, 2012, 02:46:45 AM
Hello to all, new to the thread and hope I can contribute in some way. Often read the comments here as most posters seem to be more open-minded and mature in comparison to those on Hoganstand and then I decided I'd register.

I see RichieJ has extended the audience to which he spouts nonsense to so as soon as I set up my ignore list (if there is one) I should be good to go!

Been to 5 of the club championship games so far this week and haven't really been impressed at all. Some of the football has been shocking. This was my rundown on events (apologies if it's too lengthy) :

Gaels vs Lavey:
The Gaels looked disjointed against Lavey but never had to take it up a notch because they looked comfortable throughout even though they never led by much at any stage. Lavey looked like exactly what they are, a young, inexperienced team but there is a lot of players to work with there.

Players who impressed me : Gaels - Martin Dunne and Mickey Lyng (sub) .. Lavey - Darren Smith, Shane Tierney and Joey Jordan

Players who disappointed me : Gaels - Conor McClarey and Declan Meehan .. Lavey - Karl Duke

Ballyhaise vs Butlersbridge
Only got in for the second half of the Butlersbridge vs Ballyhaise game so hard to comment but from the sounds of things I didn't miss much. Ballyhaise looked unsure of themselves in the second half but managed to rack up a nice tally in the end despite having a man sent off and the team looking short of ideas at times. Does anybody know is Ray Cullivan on holidays or injured? Could be a game winner for Ballyhaise in a close game.

Players who impressed me: Butlersbridge - No.21 at full forward caused problems (Unsure of name... Keith Gumley?)
Ballyhaise - Stephen Smith and Shane McKiernan

Players who disappointed me: N/A

Castlerahan vs Ramor :
Castlerahan ran riot against a shocking (albeit inexperienced) Ramor team. Ramor looked clueless as to what each player's job was and they didn't know what to do when they got the ball. Anton Reilly and James McEnroe are two huge losses though. Castlerahan looked very good and took their foot off the gas for the last few minutes.

Players who impressed me: Castlerahan - Oisin O'Connell (Kicked about 1-08), Cian Mackey, Enda O'Connell
Ramor - Aaron Farrelly (One good save, solid kickouts) and Simon Cadden

Players who disappointed me: Castlerahan - N/A
Ramor - Jack Brady, Damien Barkey, Ado Cole

Cootehill vs Drung: A tightly contested game that I would not describe as exciting by any means. Cootehill sealed the game with a well taken goal by Enda Hessin and Drung never looked like coming back. Joshua Hayes injured/away?

Players who impressed me: Cootehill- Enda Hessin, John McCutcheon (My motm)
Drung- Killian Monahan

Players who disappointed me: Cootehill- N/A
Drung - Barry Watters, Michael McEntee, Paddy McEntee

Belturbet vs Drumalee
An important game by all accounts but Belturbet's efficient target man tactics proved the difference in my opinion. Ollie Donohoes proved a handful on the edge of the square and Bleturbet are the first team that I have seen use the new square ball rule to great effect. He was indirectly involved in both goals as a high ball in on the square caused chaos frequently. Beltrubet's inaccuracy in front of goal may cost them against a stronger side though.

Players who impressed me: Belturbet - Mark Teevan, Johnny Klusche, Kevin McConnell
Drumalee - Mickey Brennan (Solid free taker), Damien Donohoe (Worked hard, some great passes)

Players who disappointed me: Belturbet - N/A. (Jayo and Bud got a nice goal each but will need to do more against a stronger team.)

Drumalee - Jimmy Fallon, Kevin Donohoe.

That's just my take on things. Would love to hear the opinions of others regarding the club championship and less talk about Seanie J and co!

Wow!! its a pity that Declan Meehan and McClarey dissapointed you... I must tell mickey you were dissapointed... He will be upset.
Great analysis of the game though, i can see where your contribution to this forum will be of some benefit for the assholes who dont live in Cavan.
At least you will know what time the games are on and that in itself can take pages here for mylestheslasher and his merry band of "yes nodding dogs"!!
My advice to you is dont go against mylestheslasher or you will have everyone inclucding" mr tommy agreeable smith coming in to back up mylesthe seanie hater!!
These wankers hate the hoganstand but they cant take their eyes off it for news. Their bollox wouldnt get printed there so the " seanie hater "myles would be banned long ago. He use to be there ... the p***k!
I see Seanie is just 3 steps away from the celtic cross.............Word is he will be back playing with the gaels soon......if that move rags mylesthe"seanie hater" well im all for it!
So bananas post away with your crap about who dissapoints you and who doesnt,
The Oliver Plunkett Cup Will still be around the Rossa come late Sept.
Pop in and have a look if your passing..........Maybe those Gaels players who have dissapointed you might be there to welcome you!
In the meantime keep your valueable imformation comming............and il be back next May when Sir Terry sends the soldiers out for battle in year 2 of the 4 year plan....
They say Sam is heading for Cavan in 2017!!
Well thats the plan anyway!!
I hope Antrim or Fermanagh or London dont spoil the party!!!

mylestheslasher

Welcome bananas. Informative post, I'd be interested to hear your reports on the championship games each week. Castlerahan are unbeaten this year, to you think they are good enough to win it out. Would be good to have a few genuine challengers to the Gaels as it can only be for the better of Cavan football. Strong leagues such as one close to me in Mayo have 5/6 genuine contenders and that's what we need to see in Cavan. The senior amalgamations next year could make that a reality.

CC1

Quote from: Richiej on July 28, 2012, 12:47:05 PM
I think you'll find that the Cavan team do plenty of ball work in their pitch sessions richie.

As for your 30 lads committing and hoping for success, that is just laughable, success is demanded every time you step out on the pitch, if it doesn't happen then you keep trying and trying. When these lads fill out, and they will fill out with a few years of training together, we will see a huge difference in the level of performance. To say that they are not trying (which is what I think you're implying) is nothing short of insulting to these lads.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."