Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Swadman on July 22, 2012, 01:13:19 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 21, 2012, 05:52:54 PM
Quote from: Westside on July 21, 2012, 12:16:28 PM
Does anyone else think Richie might have genuine mental health issues? Anyone spouting that stuff on an internet forum couldn't be playing with a full deck..

Myles if you need a safehouse to escape the Gaels assassins we will shelter you in the wilds of West Cavan for as long as is necessary.
Thanks lad but I fear I will not be safe anywhere. If only I had towed the line and not spoken my mind.
Oh you will be safe in West Cavan allright. no-one past Belturbet knows we even exist, nor care, except for that lug TomSmith on HS who has taken to blaming us for "the demise of Cavan football"

Funny enough Killeshandra is considered west Cavan by many. In the next elections west Cavan, including Killeshandra, Belturbet and all you wild men out in the outer reaches will be voting in a Sligo Leitrim constituency. Tomsmith has to a windup merchant, nobody could be that stupid could they? I think he's the ross of carroll kelly of Cavan Gaels.

rodney trotter

Killeshandra would be the start of West Cavan... Cornafean wouldn't be known as West Cavan, Cornafean runs into Farnham which is Cavan Gaels area.

BigMac

Dammit! I didn't check the board for a few days and seems like I missed a good bit of craic. Can anyone sum up what happened? Did Richie threaten you Myles or what went on?

tommysmith

Minor Championship 2012

Division 1

O'Raghallaigh Gaels - Kingscourt / Shercock
North Eastern Gaels - Kill / Drung / Laragh
Oliver Plunkets - Cavan Gaels / Killygarry
Lavey / Castlerahan
St. Joseph's - Killeshandra / Arva
Templeport
West Cavan Gaels - Kildallon / Corlough / Shannon Gaels / Swanlinbar

Templeport the only team trying it on their on their own, fair play to them.

Celt_Man

Quote from: tommysmith on July 24, 2012, 12:53:27 PM
Minor Championship 2012

Division 1

O'Raghallaigh Gaels - Kingscourt / Shercock
North Eastern Gaels - Kill / Drung / Laragh
Oliver Plunkets - Cavan Gaels / Killygarry
Lavey / Castlerahan
St. Joseph's - Killeshandra / Arva
Templeport
West Cavan Gaels - Kildallon / Corlough / Shannon Gaels / Swanlinbar

Templeport the only team trying it on their on their own, fair play to them.

Yea and only Denn, Crosserlough, Ballymachugh, Ramor, Drumlane and Mullahoran (the latter 2 are Division 3 League teams too) in Division 2

So only 7 clubs are going it on their own for the Championship....  Whatever way you look at it or feel about amalgamations that's a lot of Minors footballers who aren't going to be getting Championship football
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

TheThirdManning

The Gaels are amalgamating???  :o

tommysmith

Quote from: Thastheball on July 24, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
And another question, if an amalgamated team wins, which is very likely, would thy be allowed to represent Cavan in the Ulster minor club. I wouldn't have thought so

Whoever wins it will go into Ulster Club.

Celt_Man

Quote from: tommysmith on July 24, 2012, 02:31:31 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on July 24, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
And another question, if an amalgamated team wins, which is very likely, would thy be allowed to represent Cavan in the Ulster minor club. I wouldn't have thought so

Whoever wins it will go into Ulster Club.

Correct it is essentially a Tournament so they can... O'Raghallaigh Gaels played in it last season

drici

Quarter Final:
November 26th (Saturday)
O Raghallaigh Gaels(Cavan) 0-13  Erne Gaels(Fermanagh) 0-04
1-30pm

Quarter Final:
November 27th (Sunday)
Armagh Harps 3-09  Kilcoo Owen Roes(Down) 2-06
2-30pm

Preliminary Round:
3rd December (Saturday)
Truagh Gaels(Monaghan) 0-03  Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 4-14
1-30pm

Quarter Final:
4th December (Sunday)
St Johns(Antrim) 1-09  Killyman-Edendork(Tyrone) 0-08
1-30pm

Quarter Final:
11th December (Sunday)
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 0-09 Naomh Adhamhnáin(Donegal) 0-04
1-30pm

Semi Finals:
18th December (Sunday)
Armagh Harps 1-07 St Johns(Antrim) 1-05
1-30pm

26th December (Monday)
O Raghallaigh Gaels(Cavan) 1-04 Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 2-11
1-30pm

Final:
1st January (Sunday)
Armagh Harps 0-05 Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 4-12
1-30pm

Westside

Templeport are trying this on their own with a view to making a proper stab at it next year I would assume. The Minor side walked Division 2 this year and are all Minor next year bar 1 player I think. They know their Senior team needs an injection of a lot of player asap so they don't want to lose any lads due to not getting game time in an amalgamated side.
That said they are a very small squad, they will have at least 4 players on the team, Kellegher, Raythorne, Devine, McAweeney who all are U15/U16 this year and they are likely to come up short against what look like extremely strong groups of teams.

Who is pushing these amalgamations? Surely none of the clubs are stuck for numbers to that extent? Anyone know if this is a CB initiative or is it clubs getting greedy for silverware? As said above, a lot of young lads are going to miss out on Championship football which doesn't seem like the right way to go.

That Cavan Gaels/Castlerahan/Killigary/Lavey amalgamation seems insane given the complete domination by The Gaels of Minor Championships in recent years.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Westside on July 24, 2012, 03:31:40 PM
Templeport are trying this on their own with a view to making a proper stab at it next year I would assume. The Minor side walked Division 2 this year and are all Minor next year bar 1 player I think. They know their Senior team needs an injection of a lot of player asap so they don't want to lose any lads due to not getting game time in an amalgamated side.
That said they are a very small squad, they will have at least 4 players on the team, Kellegher, Raythorne, Devine, McAweeney who all are U15/U16 this year and they are likely to come up short against what look like extremely strong groups of teams.

Who is pushing these amalgamations? Surely none of the clubs are stuck for numbers to that extent? Anyone know if this is a CB initiative or is it clubs getting greedy for silverware? As said above, a lot of young lads are going to miss out on Championship football which doesn't seem like the right way to go.

That Cavan Gaels/Castlerahan/Killigary/Lavey amalgamation seems insane given the complete domination by The Gaels of Minor Championships in recent years.

Cavan Gael and Killygarry is a separate team to Lavey and Castlerahan... It is insane the whole amount of them...

Having no Division 3 Championship after having a Div 3 League is a complete joke

Westside

Apologies I read that wrong, still for the Gaels to be amalgamating at all given that they have won, what, 8 out of the last 10 titles? Seems like madness.

I would love to see Templeport drawing West Cavan Gaels though. Some lovely footballers on both sides and the rivalry and situation in general would make it something fairly unique!

rodney trotter

It's a credit to a club like Templeport that they are going alone for the minor championship while the lots of the teams are made from amalgamations. They are a Junior club, while senior clubs like Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt amalgamate with other teams. Templeport should get out of Junior football soon enough, they are very good underage.

tommysmith

Greed for silverware i think and the CB cant be seen to be trying to stop it when you look at what they are going to be doing next year for the Senior Championship.

There should be 3 divisons and let them be graded on how they did in the league.

Like what addition is it to a club like cavan gaels who have dominated alot of the division 1 leagues and championships over the last 20 years to win a championship with Killygarry.  Is has got way out of hand.

rodney trotter

[
Quote from: tommysmith on July 24, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

Greed for silverware i think and the CB cant be seen to be trying to stop it when you look at what they are going to be doing next year for the Senior Championship.

There should be 3 divisons and let them be graded on how they did in the league.

Like what addition is it to a club like cavan gaels who have dominated alot of the division 1 leagues and championships over the last 20 years to win a championship with Killygarry.  Is has got way out of hand.

In fairness the Senior Championship next year should be of a good quality. The Gaels wont walk it like usual, The reason they decided to do it was to improve the quality of football and not have one sided games that happen sometimes in the Senior Championship. Whoever wins the Senior Championship next year will have earned it, the Gaels were lucky to get out of their group last year. I think they would be punished if they played like that next year.